Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We probably gave them little respect, always wanted to play on front foot for the crowd. We'd be tighter against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ElTel wrote: »
    So it's coached? Between the lines and no square ball 'cos counter is a prob?
    Stats probably have us top tier so I'm not going to call us wasteful...so lacking composure or too predictable.

TL/DR Greedy

Instinct the front three play off it and that is something that can't be coached, The coaching part is the midfield that covers the ground to let them play their own games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Really happy we had a so-called easy game to start at home.

Gives mane an extra week.

Fingers crossed for Allison.

Next two are much tougher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Instinct the front three play off it and that is something that can't be coached, The coaching part is the midfield that covers the ground to let them play their own games.

Because they're less worried about a counter. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He didn’t though, Origi set up one and scored one, and did a lot of the things Mane does - who also always cuts in on his right... it’s just what our wide forwards do, with the right footer coming in from the left, and the lefty coming in from the right... the fullbacks are there for swinging balls in.

Origi was also always in the right places. Look at Salah’s goal - if he doesn’t go for a difficult chance, Origi has checked his run and gotten free for an easy tap in if Salah had passed. Was in a great position for an easy shot minutes before if Salah had passed instead of running into trouble then too, and he was also the one in the right spot to score for that chance that Bob took off him while trying to contort into an unlikely shooting position. Origi was actually pretty perfect as a wide forward today.

I'd love to be a rb up against origi, he does the same thing 90% of the time with the ball, runs towards byline stops checks right lays ball off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I'd love to be a rb up against origi, he does the same thing 90% of the time with the ball, runs towards byline stops checks right lays ball off

Cross for first goal was left foot outside.

Nice win. Allison injury aside it was as good as hope for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

And yet i cant remember a single one of his passes inside getting blocked by the fullback. He put in a tonne of dangerous balls tonight.

(you're also describing what Mane does too... speeds in, and then either plays a low ball in with his left, or fare more often checks onto his right. Also the same thing Salah does. its how we play.)

Just seems you're being unduly harsh on the lad who was our most effective player tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Big divock is too nice,I'd love to see him play angry,can't fault his efforts anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Call it now.

Screenshot-2019-08-09-at-21-59-46.png

Liverpool’s to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Have a feeling we won’t see Allisson till after the international break. Fingers crossed.

Great start to the weekend Friday night 4-1, onto Hill 16 today Yup The Dubs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

razorblunt wrote: »
    Liverpool’s to lose.

Bottlers if they don’t win from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dogbert27 wrote: »

yes we need to retroactively right all wrongs starting with this. Fantastic double by Liverpool last year. 19-6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I liked the fact the Origi cross for the first goal started as a throw in by TAA who chucked the ball inside rather than down the line, it switched play and Divock was suddenly in space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Wednesday is glorified friendly so the likes of However, Matip, Lovren, Larouci, Milner, Lallana, Keita,
    Chamberlain, Shaq and Brewster should be getting game-time. Keita, Shaq and Mane should all be starting given their lack of pre-season preparation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Grayditch wrote: »
    Mane has scored on opening day for the past 3 years....and I've made him Fantasy Football captain...

Did you not know he was not likely to start after ACON?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Wednesday is glorified friendly so the likes of However, Matip, Lovren, Larouci, Milner, Lallana, Keita,
    Chamberlain, Shaq and Brewster should be getting game-time. Keita, Shaq and Mane should all be starting given their lack of pre-season preparation.

Don't see it as a glorified friendly,at the end of the day it's a trophy that you can only win after winning either the champions league or europa league,after losing the charity shield it would be nice to win this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Is this the banner? Looks brilliant!

twitter.com/JuzaShannon/status/1159977731083423747?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

dogbert27 wrote: »

If it was 2 points for a win instead of 3 liverpool would have won the league as well.

67 v 66

Oh and if Liverpool had not sold Sterling to Man City they would have won the league.

And if me auntie had balls she'd be me uncle.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

If it was 2 points for a win instead of 3 liverpool would have won the league as well.

67 v 66

Oh and if Liverpool had not sold Sterling to Man City they would have won the league.

And if me auntie had balls she'd be me uncle.

My uncle is actually now my aunty so are you saying there is a chance:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Don't see it as a glorified friendly,at the end of the day it's a trophy that you can only win after winning either the champions league or europa league,after losing the charity shield it would be nice to win this one

Damn right they should go all out to win this, and the world club cup. Have an extra 2 days rest on chelaea as well, thought they were playing today, not 4.30 on sunday.

We should absolutely should be trying to win the European Super Cup and Club World Cup they are the two hardest club competitions in the world to get into and should be treated with as such.

Also the club has never won the Club World Cup that would be a nice addition the the trophy room.

Also by winning both it makes Liverpool the most successful club in England again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I couldn't care less about the super cup . 3 pts against Southampton next saturday is far more important. That's a really tough game so it would be mad to go full strength against Chelsea in a glorified friendly on wednesday in Istanbul. Is anyone going to look back at the end of the season and go wasnt it great we won the super cup in August. The world club cup is an entirely different matter we will be going all out to win that. It's PL/CL followed by world club cup followed by Fa cup/Carling cup. Super cup and Charity shield are totally meaningless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Wtf is up with people saying they don't care about the super cup, I'm very confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Wtf is up with people saying they don't care about the super cup, I'm very confused

Stupid comment alright. These trophies are incredibly hard to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It's been 14 years since we were last in the European Super Cup and people don't care about it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Damien360

Most of us can name the CL and PL winners for the last 10 years. FA cup maybe with a bit of thought. But try naming the winners off the top of your head for the last 5 years of the Super Cup, and maybe the league cup winners for the same period. Nice if we win the Super Cup but instantly forgettable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

We played Bayern in one in 2002 and beat them, it means nothing to me. I actually can't remember who we played in 2006.
    It's all about priorities anyway, my only concern with it is an unnecessary injury. People are welcome to want to win it but it's not important, to me.

• Advertisement

Super Cup is a nothing event, you get no kudos for it, it contributes to nothing tangible. Send the kids and insult both Chelsea and UEFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We have won 1 trophy in the last 7 years.

And we have posters who want a 2nd string in the Super Cup final. I understand a 2nd string in the League Cup & FA Cup. But a one off final. Bizarre stuff.

The club is considering taking Lonergan in on a short term contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

MD1990 wrote: »

And we have posters who want a 2nd string in the Super Cup final. I understand a 2nd string in the League Cup & FA Cup. But a one off final. Bizarre stuff.

Milner, Lovren, Matip, Lallana, Keita, Ox, Shaq, Mane are all first teamers. All should start Wednesday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Precisely. A trophy is a trophy. Particularly one with pan European exposure. Winning things makes potential sponsors take note. Sponsors bring cash, cash brings better players, better players bring goals, goals bring wins...

Recognising that and pushing the envelope under a great manager made Utd one of the top clubs in the world after being on the outside for a while. We need to make our successes count now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://youtu.be/4msXxGOZ0Rk

Sky now posting match highlights on YouTube and more surprising is they are not Geo blocked.

Winning the sponsor Cup eh? I thought that's what the Champions League was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Big fan of Kelly.

Still remember fondly that time she didn't cower away from Ferguson when he started to be condescending with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/DominicKing_DM/status/1160133716120915968

it is a blow but hopefully back soon after Int. break.

At least it is not long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/4msXxGOZ0Rk

Sky now posting match highlights on YouTube and more surprising is they are not Geo blocked.

I think I read a few weeks ago they want to do this for every game basically to undercut MOTD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The Super Cup is European footballs equivalent of the charity shield, the official opening of the European football season. a glorified friendly. Of course I'd like us to win it, but if we don't win, I couldn't care less and it will be forgotten about by the weekend (if not later on Wednesday night).

It should be used to give more game time to those still short on match fitness (Mané), and those who didn't start last night and are unlikely to start next weekend.

Also a good opportunity for Adrian to get 90 minutes under his belt in a no pressure game.

Who here would be delighted to win the Super Cup but in return lose VVD, Salah, Gini or TAA/AR to injury?

ERG89 wrote: »
    I think I read a few weeks ago they want to do this for every game basically to undercut MOTD

Really? two minutes of goals rather than 6-7 minutes of tactical analysis? :pac:

The Premier League itself should have the rights to a highlights package, the way they hand everything over to the broadcasters whims is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll miss all the dubstep versions now though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I thought they weren't allowed? If they were, they'd have done it ages ago

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I care slightly more about the European Super Cup purely because we qualified by winning one of the cups. The Community Shield didn't matter to me because we were only there as City won both the cups... If we'd won the FA Cup to qualify, I probably would have been more interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's mad I'm already hoping city drop points today given how good they have been last 2 seasons. Anxiously checking the score of their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If we won it and didn't win anything else this season the super cup wouldn't make a difference tbh. Lets say we retained the CL or won a domestic cup, I wouldn't say we won a double either for example. Its nice to win but thats all.

I'd play a strong enough team but we are away to Southampton 3 days and even at this early stage is a must win. Any players with even the slightest fitness concern should be left out, I'd say we'll be fine for both games anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think even with resting a few players we should still be beating a Chelsea with a new manager and no Hazard or David Luiz.

I want the trophy because losing to Chelsea always hurts even if it is a glorified friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm still not sure how its allowed maybe that's why they are on YouTube and free but seemingly the 3pm games are up at 5:15 according to their YouTube homepage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The first step towards a legitimate streaming service hopefully.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement