Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ali going to be out 4 to 6 weeks. Not too bad I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Find it baffling some fans couldn’t care less about winning the super cup (& community shield). It’s called creating a winning mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

So when Kelleher is fit does he start or Adrian?

Have to say 6m for migs & Adrian for free was a decent bit of work by the club

A lot of me thinks we had to pay a lot of cash on transfer addons from winning champions league- hence no cash this summer for transfers

I’d like to see us win Super Cup. Might be a glorified friendly to some, but it’s silverware to keep winning mentality going.

Super Cup is a nothing event, you get no kudos for it, it contributes to nothing tangible. Send the kids and insult both Chelsea and UEFA.

I feel the same tbh.

I'd trade 3 points v Southampton next Saturday for losses in both super cup and world clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

6 wrote: »
    I feel the same tbh.

I'd trade 3 points v Southampton next Saturday for losses in both super cup and world clubs.

Why not win all three though

Find it baffling some fans couldn’t care less about winning the super cup (& community shield). It’s called creating a winning mentality.

It's just prioritizing. The winning mentality is there already.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Why not win all three though

Hey, that'd be ideal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The club is considering taking Lonergan in on a short term contract.

Adrian is not a reliable or trustworthy keeper. At West Ham, whilst a good shot stopper he was constantly prone to charging off his line in a rash manner or attempting to catch crosses outside his reach. Klopp will be wishing Alisson a very speedy recovery.

I thought Adrian did well yesterday when called upon. Some reception he got running on !

It's just prioritizing. The winning mentality is there already.

Is it? I think it will be if we win the super cup and WC Cup. But atm we’ve won 1/5 finals under Klopp? Is that winning mentality to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is it? I think it will be if we win the super cup and WC Cup. But atm we’ve won 1/5 finals under Klopp? Is that winning mentality to you?

I'd say you get more of a winning mentality from winning the CL than either the Super Cup or World Club Cup. They're nice to get to but not priority trophies.

Well we just won the biggest club competition. Think it's there alright

A winning mentality comes from winning more then 1 trophy imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I thought they weren't allowed? If they were, they'd have done it ages ago

This is new tv contract those clips used to be done behind a paywall by a certain newspaper sky had them last season and was on their football app were you had to log in with your sky details to see. Now they have them on YouTube instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

A winning mentality comes from winning more then 1 trophy imo

Winning mentality to me is winning under pressure in big competitions week after week when the pressure is really on. We did it all last season. There will be no real pressure to win the super cup.

I agree though, we should take it serious. To be clear I do want to win it. I would just rather prioritise the league if we have to even at this early stage. You are probably right though, winning finals can become a habit even if the competition seems unimportant to a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

'Some Fans' are probably of a generation where Liverpool were regularly winning the big 'important' trophies, not feeding of scraps like the Community Shield or Super Cup*, or even an odd League Cup here or there.

*I'm fully aware that you need to win the CL or EL to get to the super cup, but it should never be counted as a competition win the following season if won.

Like in 2001 when we won 5 trophies in 1 calendar year, with 3 of them actual trophies, and 2 being micky mouse, everyone remembers it as the treble cup win, not the 5 cup win.

To also be clear, of course I want us to win the Super Cup, but I won't feel remotely as down if we lose as I did when Real Madrid beat us last season. It'll be forgotten about in a day or 2.

And if you offered me now the following scenario;

Win the Super Cup but draw to Southampton vs lose the Super Cup 0-5 and beat Southampton 1-0, I'm sorry I'm taking the 3 PL points all day.

'Some Fans' are probably of a generation where Liverpool were regularly winning the big 'important' trophies, not feeding of scraps like the Community Shield or Super Cup*, or even an odd League Cup here or there.

*I'm fully aware that you need to win the CL or EL to get to the super cup, but it should never be counted as a competition win the following season if won.

Like in 2001 when we won 5 trophies in 1 calendar year, with 3 of them actual trophies, and 2 being micky mouse, everyone remembers it as teh treble cup win, not the 5 cup win.

To also be clear, of course I want us to win the Super Cup, but I won't feel remotely as down as I did when Real Madrid beat us last season. It'll be forgotten about in a day or 2.

And if you offered me now the following scenario;

Win the Super Cup but draw to Southampton vs lose the Super Cup 0-5 and beat Southampton 1-0, I'm sorry I'm taking the 3 PL points all day.

Agree 100%.

The thing that irks me about these micky mouse comps is the potential disruption of important games. The bar is so high in the league now that there's not much room for error.

I think Klopp will be take it serious btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I think Klopp will be take it serious btw.

He will, but in the context of the season as a whole, and the League has to be his priority this season. so Wednesday's and next weekend's games will be planned for accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It would be just super to win the Super Cup, absolutely super.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Very hard turn around for Chelsea.
    I'd hope we can win it without too much fuss. Chelsea are a much poorer team this year without Hazard.
    Hopefully my confidence isn't misgided...although it generally is lol!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

rob316 wrote: »
    Ali going to be out 4 to 6 weeks. Not too bad I guess.

Not the worst but during that time we have Soton, Burnley and Chelsea away, Arsenal & Newcastle at home. Need Adrian to step up as they all have the potential to be tight games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Damien360 wrote: »
    Most of us can name the CL and PL winners for the last 10 years. FA cup maybe with a bit of thought. But try naming the winners off the top of your head for the last 5 years of the Super Cup, and maybe the league cup winners for the same period. Nice if we win the Super Cup but instantly forgettable.

I don't care who else remembers it, I'll remember it, I can still recall our last win against Munich with great fondness, we don't win trophies for others to remember we win for ourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

3 points against Southampton means more to me than the Super Cup, such are the margins in the league against City.

The Super Cup is more of a gimmick than a trophy with any real prestige, in my mind anyway.

I'd like to win it, but not if it meant leaving the squad in poor shape for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

one of City's toughest games in the first 8.

Easy 5-0 win. Going to be near impossible to keep up with them this season nevermind overtake.

• Advertisement

Ham 0 Man 5

We score 4, they score 5. And you just know it's in their heads to score 5 because we scored 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ham 0 Man 5

We score 4, they score 5. And you just know it's in their heads to score 5 because we scored 4.

We should have scored 7/8 last night but instead lost the 2nd half 1-0,we are not as ruthless as city having said that West ham were appallingly bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We've bottled it all ready.

Can that be the last one of those 'jokes' please? :pac:

They have Spurs next, Spurs get some joy out of them, could be a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

How many points did we drop for losing the second half?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »

1.00 ppg, down to 3.00 ppg now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Turtyturd wrote: »

The league is already lost by a gd of two

The record run of 18 straight wins is there to be got at. Lets go for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

City ain't dropped a league point since January , staggering really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Is the Super Cup free to view on Irish tv Wednesday or only on BT Sport?

City ain't dropped a league point since January , staggering really

So that's 15 on the trot. Would be some feat to get to 30 win on the trot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The first step towards a legitimate streaming service hopefully.

Had DAZN in Germany last year, but they lost the rights beach to Sky Germany, so I'm not sure that'll work.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

robwen wrote: »
    Is the Super Cup free to view on Irish tv Wednesday or only on BT Sport?

It's on the lovely virgin media sport so not free to view unless you with virgin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Had DAZN in Germany last year, but they lost the rights beach to Sky Germany, so I'm not sure that'll work.

It's mad they're so unwilling to go online. The NBA have a subscription service where you can pay about €100 per season and that gives you access to every single match from whatever team you've chosen, I think it's about €200 for every match from all teams. And NBA teams play 82+ games a year too, so it's barely over a euro per match. In contrast you're paying way more for Sky Sports where you might get 15 Liverpool games a season while the others are on BT or not televised at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

It's mad they're so unwilling to go online. The NBA have a subscription service where you can pay about €100 per season and that gives you access to every single match from whatever team you've chosen, I think it's about €200 for every match from all teams. And NBA teams play 82+ games a year too, so it's barely over a euro per match. In contrast you're paying way more for Sky Sports where you might get 15 Liverpool games a season while the others are on BT or not televised at all.

They seem to be testing the waters with this. Amazon have 2 full gameweeks in December, 3rd/4th and 26th.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next deal had more weeks like this. Maybe even Netflix, although I don't think they have shown live sport yet, where Amazon have.

Or this DAZN could wade in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pearce saying club expect Allison out for 4 to 8 weeks depending on how quickly he heals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Pearce saying club expect Allison out for 4 to 8 weeks depending on how quickly he heals.

A full 8 weeks would mean he misses:

Chelsea (Super Cup)
    Southampton (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Burnley (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Sheffield (H)

4 weeks would mean he's back by Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Best case scenario, he’s good to go after the international break. Worst case scenario, we should have him back in time for the Leicester game, but if not, almost certainly for the United game.

Looking forward to seeing how Adrian gets on. I was fairly impressed by his distribution last night, looked much more accurate than Mig, but he palmed a fairly standard save back into the danger area in front of him so hopefully that’s not a sign of things to come. It’d be great to know we have a backup keeper that we can rely on when he’s needed.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Lads any of you know which cable to buy so I can hook up my laptop/tablet or phone to my tv?? So whatever I'm watching on the laptop, I can switch to tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roma looking to take Lovren on a season long loan and then maybe buy him next summer.

Those Italians eh.

Though we probably do owe Roma one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Roma looking to take Lovren on a season long loan and then maybe buy him next summer.

Those Italians eh.

Though we probably do owe Roma one.

Wouldn't be ok with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Lads any of you know which cable to buy so I can hook up my laptop/tablet or phone to my tv?? So whatever I'm watching on the laptop, I can switch to tv.

Laptop should be hdmi or vga if older - you want to make sure the tv and the laptop have the same ports or you will need hdmi to vga, then make sure you have the proper male female end for the vga for whichever device its going into.

You cant hook a phone to a tv in general - you can cast to it if the tv can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

GiftofGab wrote: »

Laptop would be HDMI.

If I was using my phone I'd wirelessly connect to a chromecast device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Laptop would be HDMI.

If I was using my phone I'd wirelessly connect to a chromecast device.

Sky Go with BT sports doesn't allow chromecast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement