Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Jealous of Roma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Sky Go with BT sports doesn't allow chromecast.

Does that cut out the capability of mirroring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Does that cut out the capability of mirroring?

Yeah cant mirror phone to tv when using Sky Go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Roma looking to take Lovren on a season long loan and then maybe buy him next summer.

Those Italians eh.

Though we probably do owe Roma one.

He's firmly 4th choice now but we need 4 centre halves. Have to hold onto him now until January at least.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I think the banner unveiling went well, seems to have gone down well with people. Some great pics coming in.

P20190809-031-Liverpool-Norwich.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Would be stupid to let him go yet, when Gomez inevitably breaks down again he'll be our only centre back cover unless this 17 year old Dutch kid is any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rob316 wrote: »
    Would be stupid to let him go yet, when Gomez inevitably breaks down again he'll be our only centre back cover unless this 17 year old Dutch kid is any good.

He's not going, we only have 6 defenders now who have played a PL game so the cover ain't there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just realised they never showed the mosaic on sky before the game last night, that's very disappointing, a team from the lge they are mainly involved in showcasing the fact that they are champions of Europe to a worldwide audience and they don't even show it, disgusting tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just realised they never showed the mosaic on sky before the game last night, that's very disappointing, a team from the lge they are mainly involved in showcasing the fact that they are champions of Europe to a worldwide audience and they don't even show it, disgusting tbh
    Are you surprised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

NBC showed it

• Advertisement

Are you surprised?

Shocked but not surprised, imagine if utd, spurs, arsenal, Chelsea or anyone else for that matter had won it they'd show the mosaic from every angle known to mankind bitter *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rob316 wrote: »
    Ali going to be out 4 to 6 weeks. Not too bad I guess.

To be honest, on merit he doesn't make their first 11 at the moment anyway. Was very poor last season, and with Lucas, Ndombele, Eriksen, Sissoko and Son (when he's back after the next match from his suspension), I just don't think they'll miss him at all.

Not that he wouldn't have played within the first 6 weeks, as his name alone seems to offer him some protection, but I just don't think he's in their best 11 right now.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    To be honest, on merit he doesn't make their first 11 at the moment anyway. Was very poor last season, and with Lucas, Ndombele, Eriksen, Sissoko and Son (when he's back after the next match from his suspension), I just don't think they'll miss him at all.

Not that he wouldn't have played within the first 6 weeks, as his name alone seems to offer him some protection, but I just don't think he's in their best 11 right now.

You do realise he's talking about our goalkeeper yea

Shocked but not surprised, imagine if utd, spurs, arsenal, Chelsea or anyone else for that matter had won it they'd show the mosaic from every angle known to mankind bitter *****

If Sky has the CL rights they'd be all over it probably.

6 wrote: »
    If Sky has the CL rights they'd be all over it probably.

Exactly. They mentioned it was the winners of the champions league against the winners of the championship which is more than you’d be expecting when they don’t have the rights. Calling it disgusting is just overreacting and looking for something to be offended about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

As said above, it's probably because they want to keep all the talk about the PL, as they have the rights to it and not the CL. Keep all the talk about last year's title race and this year's title race and nothing about competitions that they don't show.

It's reminds me of a couple of years ago, just after Sky lost the rights to CL, and there was one of those midweeks where there was loads of Championship games on the same time as CL. Their whole week build up was all about the championship and barely a mention of the scores or results of the CL games, even though there was a live scores show.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Exactly. They mentioned it was the winners of the champions league against the winners of the championship which is more than you’d be expecting when they don’t have the rights. Calling it disgusting is just overreacting and looking for something to be offended about.

Why do you always have to have a snide remark on every post I put up, you couldn't just leave it at they don't have the rights, you just had to say I was overreacting and looking for something to be offended at didn't you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Didnt show it on MOTD either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Why?

You're being a bit stupid here, don't you think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Shearer and Wright both see Liverpool winning the league.....ah well....maybe next year!

• Advertisement

You do realise he's talking about our goalkeeper yea

Nope, obviously enough from context I didn't realise he was talking about our goalkeeper.

Just happened that I read the persons "Ali" comment exactly when the Spurs game was being shown on MotD, and Alli is also missing the start of the season with an injury.

My mistake.

Lads any of you know which cable to buy so I can hook up my laptop/tablet or phone to my tv?? So whatever I'm watching on the laptop, I can switch to tv.
    ardinn wrote: »
    Laptop should be hdmi or vga if older - you want to make sure the tv and the laptop have the same ports or you will need hdmi to vga, then make sure you have the proper male female end for the vga for whichever device its going into.

That will work for streaming normal things from your computer, but not for any sort of streaming service (Sky, or Netflix for instance) - they have protections built in to stop people doing that, so you'll probably just get a blank black screen on the TV unfortunately :-/

Nope, obviously enough from context I didn't realise he was talking about our goalkeeper.

Just happened that I read the persons "Ali" comment exactly when the Spurs game was being shown on MotD, and Alli is also missing the start of the season with an injury.

My mistake.

Only messing, I can understand how you'd pick it up that way, you gave a good insight into deli's injury anyway fair play

Only messing, I can understand how you'd pick it up that way, you gave a good insight into deli's injury anyway fair play

ah yeah, I was probably a bit terse there - "You do realise..." is just a total trigger for me!

I see Cameron Brannagan scored the winner for Oxford Utd today - Ben Woodburn is on loan there which I how I spotted his name. Must see how other recentish ex Academy players are doing.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Shearer and Wright both see Liverpool winning the league.....ah well....maybe next year!

This also proves that not every pundit and commentator has it in for us.

#idontthinktylerissatin

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

That will work for streaming normal things from your computer, but not for any sort of streaming service (Sky, or Netflix for instance) - they have protections built in to stop people doing that, so you'll probably just get a blank black screen on the TV unfortunately :-/

Netflix works fine with a hdmi cable from the laptop to the tv...I'm watching Bill Hicks atm.

EDIT: Oh...were you talking about vga? Cos I don't even know what that is :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Owl. wrote: »
    Netflix works fine with a hdmi cable from the laptop to the tv...I'm watching Bill Hicks atm.

What I wouldn't give to see and hear his take on the world today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

41lL2uaYPEL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

• Advertisement

Yeah? Hmm, when I try it here from my laptop to a second monitor, the second monitor shows up a netflix error. I get the same with HBO, where it just shows a black screen if a second monitor is connected. That's going USB-C to VGA.

Might just be the crossover in protocols on my side so. Good to know HDMI works so, might try that in future!

I think the problem here is people still using the likes of monitors and vga in the year 2019:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Turtyturd wrote: »

Sky literally showed all 6 trophies with Carragher interviewing The Anfield Wrap and Redmen TV guys right in front of the cups in the build up.

Wasn't like they ignored it completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8K9GPcV25Q

New Inside Anfield vid.
    Why aren't they slapping the sh!t out of the This is Anfield sign!:(
    Only Hendo and Gini give it a little tap - are they waiting to win the league or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sky Go with BT sports doesn't allow chromecast.

Sky go wont work with a cable either. It goes blank when you click to play and throws up a message.

That's either direct with a hdmi or through samsung DeX for those thinking about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

A super story. What a gentleman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I see no rush to post the streaker from Friday night lol no one wants to see that

I could hazard a guess as to why he is called Louis and what the next boy would be called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

A moment that child will either never forget or was so concussed he's not even aware of it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He knocked himself out by running into a lamp post while chasing after Mo's car. Kid went through some rollercoaster journey there for a few minutes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Forgot to post this after the game but here's that back heel from Salah before Bobby somehow missed from a yard out.

Also ft. more of what we need to see from Henderson, and Origi taking it down the wing and crossing on his left.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Forgot to post this after the game but here's that back heel from Salah before Bobby somehow missed from a yard out.

Also ft. Henderson more of what we need to see from Henderson, and Origi taking it down the wing and crossing on his left.

giphy.gif

Tap in for Origi there if Bobby leaves it after messing up his first touch.

Also ft. Henderson more of what we need to see from Henderson, and Origi taking it down the wing and crossing on his left.

giphy.gif

Filthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Miss of the season locked up 47mins into the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So typical of Bobby Firmino not leaving it for Origi such a selfish player.

Too many cooks theory in action here.

Miss of the season locked up 47mins into the season!

Did you get excited?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

So typical of Bobby Firmino not leaving it for Origi such a selfish player.

he just wasn't looking......as usual

Did you get excited?

He can’t even score the tap ins now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement