Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got 11 minutes to spare? Put on the kettle and watch this video of Milner and Robbo debating the dipability of a range of biscuits. It’ll be the best thing you do all day.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Just hope Ole doesn't get off top a terrible start and get sacked and then they bring in a decent manage like Poch.

They'll break any manager that takes the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Why aren't you outraged at your 1.7m summer spend so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

RasTa wrote: »

Champions League feelgood factor has yet to wear off. We're very relaxed. It'll all kickoff in the next few weeks

Meh..

If you don’t get a reaction to a similar post in one thread, asking it another a few minutes later just reeks of desperation. Why would anyone care if we’re “outraged”? If one doesn’t support Liverpool, it’s a pointless question to ask and it’s not hard to see the true motive behind it.

Anyway, back on topic:

thumb_88507_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Yeah 2005 all over again. Will be happy with the cl win and mention it non stop for the next few years when you fail to to challenge for the league.

I'm obviously delighted but thought you would like to see your club push on and go for the one title you want, the one Gerrard said he wanted the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

martyos121 wrote: »
    Got 11 minutes to spare? Put on the kettle and watch this video of Milner and Robbo debating the dipability of a range of biscuits. It’ll be the best thing you do all day.

Ha! Quite the contrast to last week's hip=hop challenge!

If you don’t get a reaction to a similar post in one thread, asking it another a few minutes later just reeks of desperation. Why would anyone care if we’re “outraged”? If one doesn’t support Liverpool, it’s a pointless question to ask and it’s not hard to see the true motive behind it.

Anyway, back on topic:

thumb_88507_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Game set & match there. Wp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

Outrage?!

What a ridiculous notion.

Stop trying to make something out of nothing.

Everything is going in the right direction. A manager who has near unprecedented levels of fan trust, who's proven he's an exceptionally canny purchaser of players, both in timings and his choice of player.

If we're splitting hairs, yeah everyone would like another attacker and full back cover, but they're minor things. If there's a hiccup next season so be it, Klopp deserves slack. As for the 2005 - the ownership status is completely different.

Yeah 2005 all over again. Will be happy with the cl win and mention it non stop for the next few years when you fail to to challenge for the league.

I'm obviously delighted but thought you would like to see your club push on and go for the one title you want, the one Gerrard said he wanted the most.
    Why so serious? Bank holiday weekend.. enjoy!

Peatys wrote: »
    Why so serious? Bank holiday weekend.. enjoy!

Not in Manchester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dry your eyes mate...

You will never hear the end of it, and rightfully so...

We are insufferable, and I couldn't care less...

I was going to say "why don't you lot go toe to toe to City with all your new signings this year" but then I just remembered you signed Harry Maguire for more than VVD, so do please, carry on... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Amazed that some people can't see how much better we are now than in 2005/06

I cannot wait for the next match everytime one finishes these days. Last 2 years has been a lot of joy. Pure joy.

Maybe its scousers I work with so that have a different outlook. They aren't happy with pre season and summer spending at all.

8-10 wrote: »
    Amazed that some people can't see how much better we are now than in 2005/06

I cannot wait for the next match everytime one finishes these days. Last 2 years has been a lot of joy. Pure joy.

Flat-Earthers exist too. Tis a mad world!

Maybe its scousers I work with so that have a different outlook. They aren't happy with pre season and summer spending at all.

How do you improve on 97pts? Your post is talking as if we didn’t go for it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Cheers for that! Great to see two team mates get on so well, hope Millie's contract gets sorted soon as.

Shortbread for me every time...

• Advertisement

"Rich Tea is such a pointless biscuit." He said it with such conviction I've gone completely off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Not all about how much you spend. If Liverpool spent 85 million on Maguire and Sold Lovren for 30 million we would have a worse squad than last year and cost 55 million for the privilege

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

New expensive signings don't guarantee big success, United fans should know this.

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Cheers for that! Great to see two team mates get on so well, hope Millie's contract gets sorted soon as.

Shortbread for me every time...

Shortbread?! Well la-di-da Mister Frenchman!

sjgQRWu.png

The digestive is the only job. The everyman’s biscuit. Chocolate digestives when you’re celebrating a significant achievement.

I’m sure the most popular biscuit in this thread is made by Belvita though. ;)

How do you improve on 97pts? Your post is talking as if we didn’t go for it last year

They expected the same level of investment as last year with the cl win and 2nd place. Back up striker being the biggest cause of annoyance. Most love but don't rate the orivi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Shortbread?! Well la-di-da Mister Frenchman!

sjgQRWu.png

The digestive is the only job. The everyman’s biscuit. Chocolate digestives when you’re celebrating a significant achievement.

I’m sure the most popular biscuit in this thread is made by Belvita though. ;)
    As proven so well by Millie, digestives can't even fit in an average sized cup!
    And from memory as a kid, get the timing of the dunk wrong by a nano-second and you're using a tea spoon to fish soggy bits of disintegrating digestive out of your cup. Shortbread have the sweet-spot of a perfect level of soakability matched with the integrity to withstand a decent dunking without the worry of said fishing with spoon. Also, Aldi do a really decent version for 57c for a generous sized packet. A close second would be a ginger nut - perfectly sized for dunking, decent level of soakabily and integrity and perfect level of sweetness....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Holy fcuk a actual adult wrote this :)

Unbelievable

Wish all this football talk would stop taking the biscuit thread off topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

They expected the same level of investment as last year with the cl win and 2nd place. Back up striker being the biggest cause of annoyance. Most love but don't rate the orivi

Correct, most of us don't really rate Origi The Barcaslayer, but he's a cult hero at Liverpool and we love him, every club has their own grafters who may not exactly be first team material but fine to be backup, our lad Divock is definitely one of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fieldog wrote: »
    Correct, most of us don't really rate Origi The Barcaslayer, but he's a cult hero at Liverpool and we love him, every club has their own grafters who may not exactly be first team material but fine to be backup, our lad Divock is definitely one of them...

He’s our Welbeck...

Martial and Rashford rolled into one.

Anyway surprised anyone takes those posts seriously. Obvious for what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Did i read right today that Elliot won't be allowed to play for the club this season?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Good luck to you guys this year, that we got Maguire. Can't see yous doing that well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Haven't seen this much optimism since they got Sanchez.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You don't work with or know any Liverpool fans, come on, fess up!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

You don't work with or know any Liverpool fans, come on, fess up!

I wish that was true after last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Its kinda funny when your thread only seems to talk about other teams..:D

Yesterday .. Arsenal...
    Today ... Man Utd...

I just don't think you understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I wish that was true after last season

It's one of football's great eternal lies that comes up frequently. "I work with a Liverpool fan who thinks that...."

Yup. Sure ya do...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

RasTa's attempts today

giphy.gif

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I just don't think you understand.

:cool:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Speaking of VVD, read this for a laugh.

Goodnight!

https://twitter.com/DomBooth19/status/1157308661691273217?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

SlickRic wrote: »
    Speaking of VVD, read this for a laugh.

Goodnight!

https://twitter.com/DomBooth19/status/1157308661691273217?s=19

Very accurate imo.

• Advertisement

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    RasTa's attempts today

Quote in another thread:
    Some jealousy out of the Liverpool lads since they haven't signed anyone. Imagine Aston Villa outspending ye.

Are they bottom of the summer spend list?

Seems he desperately wants to portray us as jealous. I haven't seen anything of the sort. Lots of conversation about not signing a backup either for the front 3 or Left Back but I don't see a single other PL transfer that I'd be jealous of given who we already have. Ndombele, Kovacic, Pulisic, Maguire, James, Pepe, Rodri, Ceballos...who are we meant to have all this jealousy about??

The only PL signing that I think **** he'd be amazing for us is Wan Bissaka. I think he's the only RB in the league on the same level as Trent, 2 of them are the best in the country comfortably right now. But we have Trent so I cant see the jealousy. If we didn't have him, sure we'd want a player like that, but I don't see any activity in the league to be jealous about.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Very accurate imo.

So you reckon the partnership of Maguire (finished 8th) and Lindelof (finished 6th) is better than the partnership of VVD and Matip who won the European Cup and finished 2nd?

I was wondering when Utd fans would start interacting with Pool fans again on these boards. It took Maguire signing to do it. Nice to have ye back :)

Quote in another thread:

Seems he desperately wants to portray us as jealous. I haven't seen anything of the sort. Lots of conversation about not signing a backup either for the front 3 or Left Back but I don't see a single other PL transfer that I'd be jealous of given who we already have. Ndombele, Kovacic, Pulisic, Maguire, James, Pepe, Rodri, Ceballos...who are we meant to have all this jealousy about??

The only PL signing that I think **** he'd be amazing for us is Wan Bissaka. I think he's the only RB in the league on the same level as Trent, 2 of them are the best in the country comfortably right now. But we have Trent so I cant see the jealousy. If we didn't have him, sure we'd want a player like that, but I don't see any activity in the league to be jealous about.

I'm used to hearing how we spend too much, but now it's too little? It's almost as if we can't win!

Seriously though, how much more can you improve a team who got 97 points last season? That's a level of operation where you actually risk worsening the team by attempting to improve it. Think Newcastle signing Asprilla back in January 1996.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I wouldn't have paid 8.5m for maguire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Most love but don't rate the orivi

Thats OriGi

You'll address him by his proper title, you little bollox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

shamrock55 wrote:
    I wouldn't have paid 8.5m for maguire

yr fair sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

And we're the insufferables :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

One more sleep....till the European Champions v English Champions in the season curtain raiser!

Oh & I’ll be there in LFC end with my young lad....Allez Allez Allez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Quote in another thread:

It is more so relief.

That sort of money I thought would be close to getting Koulibaly.

De Ligt cost less too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Seeimly we are looking a some guinea forward from Bordeaux for 15m +5m in add oms. From the sun though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement