Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

None of that crowd will be anywhere near Spurs.

Arse will get 4th if they keep their striker fit.

1 pool 2 city 3 spurs 4 arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Can anyone make out the conversation between John Henry and Klopp around 3 mins in? Henry says something like 'So no transfers?' but its hard to make out what Klopps response was
    H: "So no signings?"
    K: "Yeah"
    H: "What? So you didn't want them?"
    K: "If you want them all to play football you have to do that." *Big Grin*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Talisman wrote: »
    James Pearce posted on Twitter that Alisson is expected to be out for 4-8 weeks.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1160199722583433216

#LFC expecting to be without Alisson Becker for between 4 and 8 weeks depending on how quickly he heals. Club working on having Andy Lonergan on the bench for the Super Cup with Adrian starting.

In the "This is Anfield" video wasn't Kelleher warming up with Adrian before the game on Friday? I knew he was injured but assumed he was back.

Who ever takes over better be in same mould. It's only a English thing to throw away all the hard work of one manager and appoint a Hodgson who does it his way.
    Barca only appoint those who keep the mould, we have to do the same. Club has changed from ground up since Klopp came in, that needs building on, not destroying.
    Pep Lijnders is the obvious in-house candidate to succeed Klopp.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    In the "This is Anfield" video wasn't Kelleher warming up with Adrian before the game on Friday? I knew he was injured but assumed he was back.
    Kelleher is back training but not 100% fit is how Klopp put it in the post match interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Why are we talking about new managers as if our current one isn't one of the best we've ever had?

Why are we talking about new managers as if our current one isn't one of the best we've ever had?
    Slow news day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Funnily enough, I would be very very worried if the owners/management of the club do not have reasonably robust plans for the major scenarios in which Klopp might leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd take Pep Lijnders before Gerrard.

... the major scenarios in which Klopp might leave.

A pass made to or received from Linda?

• Advertisement

A pass made to or received from Linda?

Wouldn't be a clean sheet left in Boston!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Lampard at Chelsea should be a warning for anyone yearning for Gerrard to succeed Klopp. Speaking of which Sheyi Ojo had a good game for Rangers today it seems. Made two and scored one in a route.

Eh I don't think he has a better team to play tbh, that's a dreadful team, poor man knew what he was in for but it's still an incredibly tough job.

What's with the anti-Gerrard bias, one of our best ever players and a legend of Liverpool, no reason why he couldn't get the job with little experience and have a chance to be successful like Zidane and guardiola. Our own Dalglish didnt have much experience at the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shankly, Nature's Fire is on BBC Scotland next Sunday evening.

https://youtu.be/jPmhiDJJy6g

As for the Gerrard controversy, I only mentioned it as I have read comments that he should follow Klopp, obviously that would be madness as things stand. As for Kenny D, all he needed to be was himself in 1985 so far ahead of the rest was that squad.

Why the hate Harry why the hate go on answer why the hate for one of the greatest ever?

Why the hate Harry why the hate go on answer why the hate for one of the greatest ever?

Liked him for his results but could never like him for some reason.

Liked him for his results but could never like him for some reason.

I have to agree there is something very unlikeable about him as a person for me I couldn't take to him.

A great footballer no doubt.

Same feeling for Carra as well.

Hate?! Wtf? It's not hate, it's simply not mindless genuflection. Ditto Gerrard. There are few real heroes out there. Footballers are not among them. Dalglish was much more important off the pitch when it most mattered.

To be totally honest If I had to pick a player from that era to be the next manager of Liverpool after Klopp there is only one choice for me and that is Xabi Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sofa Spud wrote: »

Very weird choice of opening shot - hiding 'round a wall pervin' on a young couple.

• Advertisement

Gerrard's the face of the club imo, even more so than Kenny, but that doesn't mean he'd be a good manager. I'd like to see him prove himself like any other candidate before giving him a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Damien360

I’ll say it. Gerrard was an amazing player but it was all about me, me, me in his interviews. From the few I’ve seen of his Rangers debut, it hasn’t changed. Never about the team.

He is not ready to take over from Klopp who is the complete opposite in approach. When have you ever heard Klopp say anything but praise for the team effort. When things go wrong he puts his hand up and accepts it.

Klopp will eventually take the German national team job. Hopefully it’s a long way off.

Xabi is managing kids isn't he, at Real Zaragoza .

For some reason spelling predictor reckons xabi is a cabinet.

Was trying to figure that one out :pac:

For what it's worth Gerrard seems to be going about it the right way for now, not hanging around the club asking for a job like Giggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

No he is back at his home town club managing Sociedad B.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Very weird choice of opening shot - hiding 'round a wall pervin' on a young couple.

Looks like a father and daughter on the way to the match. Admittedly it is a quare shot.

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »
    I’ll say it. Gerrard was an amazing player but it was all about me, me, me in his interviews. From the few I’ve seen of his Rangers debut, it hasn’t changed. Never about the team.

He is not ready to take over from Klopp who is the complete opposite in approach. When have you ever heard Klopp say anything but praise for the team effort. When things go wrong he puts his hand up and accepts it.

Klopp will eventually take the German national team job. Hopefully it’s a long way off.

Never thought that, tbh. He always seemed uncomfortable in interviews, like he didn't enjoy the spotlight. I'm sure behind the scenes he was raging at the mediocrity in the squad, but in front of the camera's he never threw anyone under the bus, as far as I recall.

I'd take Pep Lijnders before Gerrard.

If Klopp left in the morn I certainly wouldn't disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was trying to figure that one out :pac:

For what it's worth Gerrard seems to be going about it the right way for now, not hanging around the club asking for a job like Giggs.

That is the one positive but I have a horrible feeling that when it does come down it and Klopp has a bad run or announces he is stepping down there will be a significant amount of fans crying out for him to get it. Then the pundits will start reinforcing it and it’ll get to a position where the owners feel they have no choice but to give it to him.

Hopefully Solksjaer and Lampard will be cautionary tales this year.

noodler wrote: »
    Hard not to be a rashford fan.

Not a fan. He should steer clear of Lingaard before he disappears up his own hole.

Their new signings look good, tbf. Maguire is a likeable player.

Looks like a father and daughter on the way to the match. Admittedly it is a quare shot.

It's totally grand 'till the young wan looks around at the camera and makes it weird :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Hopefully the Reds will win another major trophy this Wednesday.

Pity its not on a FTA channel :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Always good at finding space in a box :D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Here hang on - I nip out for a few beers, we're third behind both Manc clubs and already discussing Klopp's successor...?

Wha-what year is this again?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That is the one positive but I have a horrible feeling that when it does come down it and Klopp has a bad run or announces he is stepping down there will be a significant amount of fans crying out for him to get it. Then the pundits will start reinforcing it and it’ll get to a position where the owners feel they have no choice but to give it to him.

Hopefully Solksjaer and Lampard will be cautionary tales this year.

As long as they both lose to us twice and beat City twice, they can be Aesops tales and Duck tales for all I care.

Here hang on - I nip out for a few beers, we're third behind both Manc clubs and already discussing Klopp's successor...?

Wha-what year is this again?

Ours? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

mikeym wrote: »
    Hopefully the Reds will win another major trophy this Wednesday.

Pity its not on a FTA channel :mad:

It's on Virgin Media Sports One at least if you know anyone on Virgin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is absolute bollocks. Man poured his heart and soul into the club ffs.

And for people writing Gerrard off as a manager already, and acting as if there is some sort of footballing hipster movement that forces you to act as if you cannot bear even being associated with the thought of liking the man, you're being ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Knex. wrote: »
    This is absolute bollocks. Man poured his heart and soul into the club ffs.

And for people writing Gerrard off as a manager already, and acting as if there is some sort of footballing hipster movement that forces you to act as if you cannot bear even being associated with the thought of liking the man, you're being ridiculous.

Absolutely!

The level of disrespect towards Gerrard is astonishing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Thing about this is if I posted it, I'd be asked to produce a list of things we're allowed post about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

I disagree with everything you have just said. Stop trying to be cool, Gerrard was me me me? Are you serious? He went to a club with a serious attitude problem, where they are like United, thinking "Our history is amazing so we deserve to win everything", but in reality, they were awful, Their players assume the league is a walk in the park and drop silly points as a result.

Gerrard is being smart, by keeping those players level headed, and making them realize they are not the rangers of old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

One of the best feelings I had as a Liverpool fan was Rick Parry walking up to the Sky camera and saying "He's staying". Gerrard was a fantastic servant to the club and brought us success we didn't truly deserve. Fantastic career and incredibly loyal, in the end. Spent years worrying what would happen when he left. Fortunately Klopp happened.

I'm totally fine with Gerrard coming back and even making a hames of it. If we can get through Roy nothing else holds any fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thing about this is if I posted it, I'd be asked to produce a list of things we're allowed post about.

In fairness you would probably have worded it can we threadban anyone who talks about Gerrard? Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'd happily welcome stevie as a future manager, the guy always gave his all for the club and loves and knows it like no other, hopefully though this won't be on the cards for a number of years and that klopp stays with us for at least another 5/6 years and in the meantime stevie gains more managerial experience maybe even having a club or two more before coming back home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would love to see Gerrard as our manager. He stayed at the club when at times we were a poor side.

Doing a great job at Rangers. Comes across well in the media as well. Bit like Kenny has no time for stupid questions.
    There is a weird attitude to Liverpool legends in this thread at times. Some were embarrassed because Dalglish was short with the media for instance.

You're a true martyr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/Liddellpool/status/1160856098053787650/photo/1

would be suprised if Lovren is sold.

But Echo reporting he is available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MD1990 wrote: »

That'd be a strange move - €20 million isn't much in the grand scheme of things and we aren't exactly flush with defensive options as it is. Lovren is probably 4th choice at the moment so I could understand if he wants to go, but given that Gomez is also our cover in the full-back roles, there just isn't a huge amount of options there.

Maybe Klopp really rates Hoever?

MD1990 wrote: »

Surely not, we'd be left with 3 senior centre backs, 2 of which are injury prone and 1 of those 2 also being our primary right back cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I think Gerrard as a manager would be a disaster for the club to be honest.

Excellent player but his attitudes when moved to positions that he didn’t like, but was much more effective for him as a player and the team as a whole, leave a poor taste. It raises other questions too.

I think the whole ordeal would be dripping with emotions and history and that’s a recipe for disaster imo.

• Advertisement

Id sell Lovren. Hoever and Sepp can't be any worse. I'd never have bought Lovren but I'd have sold him long ago. Never had any time for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement