Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

gimli2112 wrote: »
    In fairness you would probably have worded it can we threadban anyone who talks about Gerrard? Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it.

Sometimes it's not what's said., it's who says it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lovren's not that good but who do other teams have as a 4th choice? Mangala, Zouma, Smalling, Mustafi, Foyth? He's better than any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

MD1990 wrote: »
    would be suprised if Lovren is sold.

But Echo reporting he is available.

Echo have been well off the mark this summer, and moreso that Pearce has left. I don't believe we'd let him go without a replacement, especially with all of him, Matip and Gomez being a bit injury prone. But I bet he is itchy after two games without a minute...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If we were to sign a CB soon. I would look at Ajer at Celtic. Reminds me a bit of Van Dijk in ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Super Cup on the telly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    Super Cup on the telly?

On virgin media sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Dickerty wrote: »
    Echo have been well off the mark this summer, and moreso that Pearce has left. I don't believe we'd let him go without a replacement, especially with all of him, Matip and Gomez being a bit injury prone. But I bet he is itchy after two games without a minute...

Tbf to him, he didn't even play 1000 minutes of football last season. He's definitively 4th choice now. He's also 30 and has two years left on his contract... from his perspective, it seems like an ideal time to move if the right bid was there.

If we'd sold him in June and brought in a replacement, I'd be happy enough, and I think i like Lovren more than plenty of others on here. But, as it is, surely the sensible thing to do is to sit tight until January, bring in a player who players CB and full-back and let Lovren move on then.

I'd just be wary of ending up with Fabinho back in CB again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    Super Cup on the telly?

BT Sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

MD1990 wrote: »
    If we were to sign a CB soon. I would look at Ajer at Celtic. Reminds me a bit of Van Dijk in ways.

Absolutely yes. Be surprised if he doesn't end up in the PL soon.

Knex. wrote: »
    Absolutely yes. Be surprised if he doesn't end up in the PL soon.

Celtic do attract those bargain players, often defenders, from norther parts of Europe, they aren't put off by the Scottish weather! Still think they don't develop them well enough, their success rate of selling on is hit and miss. VVD, Wanyama, Dembele and now Tierney, far less than clubs of their size would do south of the border.

• Advertisement

I'd just be wary of ending up with Fabinho back in CB again.

That wouldn't be the emd of the world in an emergency, but if he DID leave (and I don't see Klopp agreeing to it, even for the impact on Salah, and trying to compete on 4 fronts, and the World Club Championship), I think they'd be satisfied with using Fab, Sepp or Hoever as back-up options.

That wouldn't be the emd of the world in an emergency, but if he DID leave (and I don't see Klopp agreeing to it, even for the impact on Salah, and trying to compete on 4 fronts, and the World Club Championship), I think they'd be satisfied with using Fab, Sepp or Hoever as back-up options.

I just think it's such a gamble - it wouldn't even take an injury crisis for us to have to shuffle the pack. If Trent was suspended - or even just tired! - we have Gomez at right back and that just leaves Matip and Van Dijk in the centre. One injury there and we're throwing teenagers or midfielders out there.

It just strikes me as a little unnecessary. But Klopp has never really stood in the way of players leaving when they weren't deemed essential (Mignolet for e.g.) so if Lovren wants to go, it'll happen and, tbf, I think it's fair too. It's very difficult to keep people at the club when there's no intention of using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Fabinho is missed when anyone else is played in his defensive midfield role. People are expecting a lot from Van den Berg, Hoever & Larouci but they've not played a minute of league football between them so it's going to be taking a chance when we start them outside of the domestic cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Posts a random twitter link saying Lovern is for sale and I'm sure that same poster mocked that same story last week when it was posted here. This place is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The plan must have been to integrate Van Den Berg over the season and Lovren gone next summer so why change it unless he is keen to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like Lonergan is going to be offered a 1 year deal.

Accepting that emergency gig during pre season worked out well for him.

That makes me think the news on Ali won't be the best.

No way the club will sell the best 4th choice CB in world.

Looks like Lonergan is going to be offered a 1 year deal.

Accepting that emergency gig during pre season worked out well for hom.

What awful timing for Kelleher to be recovering from injury. And for Grabara to have left on loan, too. It would have been an ideal opportunity for either of them.

Do we have a solid timeline on Alisson's return yet? Or is it still 6-8 weeks?

I don't know but this doesn't sound like good news to me.

Liverpool will give an update on Ali through the official website.

https://twitter.com/LynchStandard/status/1160891619484344326?s=20

I don't know but this doesn't sound like good news to me.

Liverpool will give an update on Ali through the official website.

https://twitter.com/LynchStandard/status/1160891619484344326?s=20

Oh Lord. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that there are at least a dozen starting keepers in the league better than Adrian, so this is a real disadvantage for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Given the timing of the injury and the pool of players the club had to choose from, Adrian isnt a bad option. He is very capable of doing a good job particularly given he will be playing behind a higher standard of defenders he was with before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thankfully it's a position we can't complain about Klopp not having spent £50M on a backup. I'd have had to turn off the internet for a few weeks if this had been Robertson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Thankfully it's a position we can't complain about Klopp not having spent £50M on a backup. I'd have had to turn off the internet for a few weeks if this had been Robertson.

Milner can do a decent job at LB.

He was good there in 16/17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Adrian could be a great bit of business, I would be in the fetal position right now is Mignolet was still here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

In the grand scheme, he didn't entirely inspire confidence for Pukki's goal but at the same time he's been at the club for 4 days.

I think over time he will do the business.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    In the grand scheme, he didn't entirely inspire confidence for Pukki's goal but at the same time he's been at the club for 4 days.

I think over time he will do the business.

That goal had nothing to do with Adrian to be fair.

Our defense was asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Talisman wrote: »
    H: "So no signings?"
    K: "Yeah"
    H: "What? So you didn't want them?"
    K: "If you want them all to play football you have to do that." *Big Grin*

Thats gas, so even John Henry is surprised Klopp didnt spend his money

I was more worried about the shot he palmed out into the centre of the penalty box. It was classic Mingolet/Karius. Still given the leeway we give those two it will be a while before we totally turn on him.

I always remember the goal Willian scored against us at Anfield (Mingolet). I defended him at the time and it was a fluke but you still wonder how s*** like that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The young lad's expression in the Salah picture is gas. It's abject misery and delight all rolled into one.

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Adrian could be a great bit of business, I would be in the fetal position right now is Mignolet was still here

I concur. I always thought he was a solid keeper whenever I saw him for West Ham. Was pleasantly surprised we got him as backup. Thought he was younger than 32 to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The young lad's expression in the Salah picture is gas. It's abject misery and delight all rolled into one.

Just shows what these footballers mean to kids. If you could give just one a minute, you will make their day,week,month,year even.

rob316 wrote: »
    Just shows what these footballers mean to kids. If you could give just one a minute, you will make their day,week,month,year even.

Remember a story about Balotelli who saw a kid out and about. Asked him why was he was not in school and the kid said he was being bullied. Balotelli bought him to school and confronted the head teacher.
    I'm not sure how much of this is embellished but abducting a child off the street is something Balotelli would probably do without thinking about it.

That kid who nutted himself was on BBC tv this morning with his sister and it's been shown on BBC News channel every hour!

Klopp with a non-update on Alisson - but seems to confirm calf and not achilles, at least.
    Alisson Becker will be sidelined for ‘the next few weeks’ due to the calf injury he sustained during Friday’s win over Norwich City, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

The goalkeeper was forced off in the late stages of the first half as Liverpool got their Premier League season under way with a 4-1 victory at Anfield.

And Klopp expects to be without the Brazil international for a period of weeks.

“[It’s] Not too cool. It’s a calf injury which takes him obviously out for a while,” the boss told Liverpoolfc.com.

“I don’t want to make now [an] exact prognosis on when he will be back but it will not tomorrow for sure, so now then we have to see. It takes a while, it takes a couple weeks for sure, and we have to see.

“I saw already like ‘six weeks’ and stuff like this, but Ali was not a lot injured in his career so I would like to wait a little bit to see how he develops in that process now, but he is not in for the next few weeks.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Id sell Lovren. Hoever and Sepp can't be any worse. I'd never have bought Lovren but I'd have sold him long ago. Never had any time for him.

That's absolute bollocks tbh. Lovren is an established PL level centre back and he'd walk into the majority of teams like ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

That kid who nutted himself was on BBC tv this morning with his sister and it's been shown on BBC News channel every hour!

A kid jacked off with his sister wtf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Awkward enough 😬

So then, crisis over with regards to Alisson. That fella who twitted early might want to go and have lie down in a darkened room. He is clearly easily spooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

magma69 wrote: »
    That's absolute bollocks tbh. Lovren is an established PL level centre back and he'd walk into the majority of teams like ups.

He's been one of the standout performers in a CL and World Cup final.

Lovren is a completely different case to someone like Mignolet.

At best Mignolet is competent, but then he has a tendency to drop a bollock.

Lovren is brilliant most of the time but then has a tendency to drop a bollock.
    He's not at the level of Van Dijk, but he's a ****ing alien and we can't afford to have that be the only standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Maybe Lovren wants to go!

I said it last week there's no way he, a world class defender in his own head, will be happy about not even being part of match day squads. I'd be amazed if he doesn't actually want to leave if that is the situation he's facing going forward and as we've seen, Klopp won't stand in a players way if they want to go.

He's as injury prone as Gomez and Matip too so having him around is no guarantee he'd be fit if and when they are injured again either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

.G. wrote: »
    Maybe Lovren wants to go!

I said it last week there's no way he, a world class defender in his own head, will be happy about not even being part of match day squads. I'd be amazed if he doesn't actually want to leave if that is the situation he's facing going forward and as we've seen, Klopp won't stand in a players way if they want to go.

He's as injury prone as Gomez and Matip too so having him around is no guarantee he'd be fit if and when they are injured again either.

Exactly. How many mysterious illnesses has he had over the last few years when we've needed him?

magma69 wrote: »

Aye, teams that did, and will again, finish a million miles behind Liverpool.

Speaking of millions of miles, that's how far behind VVD, Gomez and Matip he is.

As Eamon Dunphy would say - "A nothing player, Bill."

I've never found quoting Eamon Dunphy strengthens my argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Talisman wrote: »
    H: "So no signings?"
    K: "Yeah"
    H: "What? So you didn't want them?"
    K: "If you want them all to play football you have to do that." *Big Grin*
    Thats gas, so even John Henry is surprised Klopp didnt spend his money

I'm pretty sure Henry didn't say "So, no signings", he said "It's exciting".

They weren't talking about transfers. I don't think LFC would have left it in if they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Since it seems like that comment was taken seriously... Henry didn't say "So, no signings", he said "It's exciting"

I heard "It's exciting" too, I must admit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Just checked the EPG on Sky and the match is on Virgin Media One, saves me going to the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Just checked the EPG on Sky and the match is on Virgin Media One, saves me going to the pub.

On my Sky EPG but it's not on the Virgin TV guide online which worries me.

Edit. On the Virgin EPG now. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Ryan Kent making a show of himself on Instagram trying to get a move to Gerrard's Huns who can't afford the fee. Bible quotes, images from Prison Break and Prince as a slave. The mad thing is inferring he's been treated as a slave by Liverpool. Must be even stupider than he looks. Typical Hun right enough

ah c'mere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Aren’t there two Celtic threads for that rubbish without needing to drag this one down to that level?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Jesus ****ing Christ, address the point or don't, but no **** is interested in a discussion about rangers being referred to as the huns.

The post is about Ryan Kent. Ignore it if you're not interested

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement