Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've never found quoting Eamon Dunphy strengthens my argument.

Apart from one

I'll tell ya who he is Bill....

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Ryan Kent making a show of himself on Instagram trying to get a move to Gerrard's Huns who can't afford the fee. Bible quotes, images from Prison Break and Prince as a slave. The mad thing is inferring he's been treated as a slave by Liverpool. Must be even stupider than he looks. Typical Hun right enough

Not many care about the ridiculous Scottish league in here. It's dripping with bitterness on all sides. He's not the only one making a show of himself.

As for Kent. Off with him. Poor lad making his bones in Glasgow. Imagine listening to bitters every day discussing which fake religion is superior. Depressing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Jesus ****ing Christ, address the point or don't, but no **** is interested in a discussion about rangers being referred to as the huns.

The post is about Ryan Kent]. Ignore it if you're not interested

It’s your usual anti Rangers stuff disguised as a post about Ryan Kent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

So glad I never got involved in that Rangers/Celtic nonsense. Knuckle dragging stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭This is it

Jesus ****ing Christ, address the point or don't, but no **** is interested in a discussion about rangers being referred to as the huns.

The post is about Ryan Kent. Ignore it if you're not interested

You purposely used "hun" to get digs in or get a rise, if you want to talk football why drag sectarian shyte into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It’s your usual anti Rangers stuff disguised as a post about Ryan Kent.

You've replied twice, each time discussing either me or other threads. It's you dragging discussion away from transfer talk towards an irrelevant topic

This is it wrote: »
    You purposely used "hun" to get digs in or get a rise, if you want to talk football why drag sectarian shyte into it.

I used Hun because that's how most, myself included, refer to rangers fans. Point about Kent still stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You've replied twice, each time discussing either me or other threads. It's you dragging discussion away from transfer talk towards an irrelevant topic

:rolleyes:

Good stuff. Look forward to seeing you posting again in a few months on your other expert topic...how no players want to live in Liverpool because it’s such a horrible city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I used Hun because that's how most, myself included, refer to rangers fans. Point about Kent still stands.

It's sectarian nonsense, and it doesn't really matter how many people use it, it doesn't make it any better.

As for what Kent did, stupid thing to do, and at 22 he should better.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Good stuff. Look forward to seeing you posting again in a few months on your other expert topic...how no players want to live in Liverpool because it’s such a horrible city.

Wtf?? You're deliberately misrepresenting a point I made ****ing ages ago about Liverpool being less attractive to live in than other European cities. What's that got to do with anything?

I'm here to discuss football and the goings on at Liverpool. I'm not interested in this personal business you seem intent on creating on a football discussion forum. take it to Facebook with your pals or something. I'm not interested in this personal **** you seem to want to create

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Would also love to leave the usual pathetic rangers /Celtic jousting at the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I didn't know Kent was saying that prisoner stuff. It kind of demonstrates the mentality of some footballers. I mean if you were having a dispute with an employer would you really consider posting your side of the argument on social media and criticize them? I find it bizzare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I didn't know Kent was saying that prisoner stuff. It kind of demonstrates the mentality of some footballers. I mean if you were having a dispute with an employer would you really consider posting your side of the argument on social media and criticize them? I find it bizzare.

different worlds though. Footballers are literally assets on the clubs books.... you & i are costs on our companies books. if we complain (on social media) the cost gets reduced(ie fired) if they complain and seem to be less happy then the assets gets written down in value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Risky game to only have 5 senior defenders on our books now, especially when 2 of them have had a few injury problems in the past.

I guess we're gonna see more of Fabinho, Milner, Hoever & Van der Berg in defence this season than originally expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Pure madness if we let lovren go now at this stage when he can't be replaced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

£15m is an absolute bargain for Roma to be fair, still not happy though when Gomez inevitably breaks down we are left with kids and Fabinho as our CB cover.

Gomez's injuries last 2 seasons were both from poor challenges.

Hopefully he gets a bit of luck this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Did Lovren not recognise he was 4th choice when Matip took Gomez place in the team???

Don't understand the current idea with our defence. We haven't signed a defender other than a 17 year old in the last year but in that time we've sold Klavan, Clyne got loaned/injured, Moreno left & now we're actively looking to sell Lovren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maybe we have something lined up for January and Lovern won't leave until then?

Either way £15m seem very cheap and completely against the general fees we've managed to get for players the last while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Selling Lovren for 15m just seems pointless.

Not enough money to compensate the risk of losing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Not a fan of that Lovren transfer. Even Tyrone Mings and Adam Webster went for over €20m, and he is more experienced than both of them.

Did a quick look at CB transfers this summer on the transfermarkt - bar the big blockbusters, was surprised to see a lot of the bigger fees around 20-30m - there doesn't seem to be the premium attached to CB's that midfielders are getting.

I get that the money in supports new contracts etc but the squad suffers and it's a little bit too Mike Ashley for me

On a different note, good article on the Athletic on Liverpool's No.2 goalkeepers, had forgotten about that whole Doni/Brad Jones thing a few years ago

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Lovren probably wants to get a new contract towards the end of his career and still play football at a high level. His first team chances with us are limited now.
    I'd prefer to keep him around, but I wouldn't like to hold him and see out the rest of his career on the training ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I wouldn't expect Klopp to stand in the way of any player leaving if they want to go and aren't part of the plans - Mignolet, etc - but this Lovren move can't have come as a shock, so it seems short sighted to let him go when we have so few options in defence.

Five senior players for four positions is asking for trouble tbh. Playing Milner or Fab there either leaves us weaker in the positions they are slotting into or in the positions they should typically be in.

Hopefully in a few months, we'll all be sitting here laughing at the fact that we had no faith in Hoever and Van den Berg but between this, the shortage in the striking department and the Alisson injury, I'm just a little nervous now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bit of a mad decision really, then you'd have to remember lovren is about as reliable as lallana so maybe Klopp is just happy to see him off and he rarely stands in the way of players who want to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seemed obvious for weeks now that Lovren would leave if the price was right.

Good to see Kelleher in the squad.

Hoever & Elliott must be the young lads getting a chance this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We'll regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Maybe we have something lined up for January and Lovern won't leave until then?

Either way £15m seem very cheap and completely against the general fees we've managed to get for players the last while.

It's Roma. Ownership links and we underpaid for Salah.

I'd imagine if it were Inter or Juve we'd get more but they're happy enough for him to go

If the club aren't prepared to drop the price for Kent to join Gerrard at Rangers they are very unlikely to sell Lovren on the cheap to Roma.

Lovren like most of the squad players has a price the if matched the club would be happy to sell.

Also the club didn't underpay for Salah.

Salah's exploits make it look like the club underpaid for him however at the time Liverpool paid a very fair price for him.

• Advertisement

Lovren is 30 & has a reputation of being error prone.

15m-20m is about right for a team outside the PL who don't have huge tv money.

This wouldn't have just come out of the blue. Roma have been linked for weeks. Lovren has been fourth choice even longer. I'd wager that negotiations have been going on longer than last Thursday. "Match our asking price, he's yours."

Klopp obviously trusts and has faith in Hoever and VdB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't keep track but presumably the people unhappy over the sale are not the same people that complain about Lovern at every available opportunity? No-one's ever happy in here. It's unlikely the decision was taken just to piss us off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If the club aren't prepared to drop the price for Kent to join Gerrard at Rangers they are very unlikely to sell Lovren on the cheap to Roma.

Lovren like most of the squad players has a price the if matched the club would be happy to sell.

Also the club didn't underpay for Salah.

Salah's exploits make it look like the club underpaid for him however at the time Liverpool paid a very fair price for him.

Had he come good after a bedding in period I'd agree with you. But he was instantly scoring goals. He was worth more at the time than Roma thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

8-10 wrote: »
    Had he come good after a bedding in period I'd agree with you. But he was instantly scoring goals. He was worth more at the time than Roma thought

IIRC at the time Roma were in a tough financial position where they had to sell him before the end of the month so they didn't really have time to negotiate a better fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

rob316 wrote: »
    £15m is an absolute bargain for Roma to be fair, still not happy though when Gomez inevitably breaks down we are left with kids and Fabinho as our CB cover.

for the best defender in the world, don't forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lovren for 15 mill seems cheap. Would there be any players at Roma that Klopp might be interested in for the January window? We've got two stamps on the loyalty card now so might as well fill it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not sure why people are naming Hoever, van den berg will be 4th choice centre back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Not sure why people are naming Hoever, van den berg will be 4th choice centre back.

More likely fabinho if worse comes to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Hoever is ready this season. Bring him in and reap the rewards. We can win league with child!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Hoever is more likely to make the bench than Van Der Berg IMO because he can cover both fullbacks and the centre half's.

Not arsed about Lovren being sold, he's as unlikely to stay fit as Gomez and Matip, he's already "ill"and can't play tomorrow and since Mignolet and Moreno have gone Lovren is the last one in the squad who worries me when he plays cos you know the next game defining balls up from one of them is always likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I think Klopp and the eyes and the new brain have probably decided that VDB is ready to step in if needed, he played 22 games for Zwolle and came very highly touted. And lets not forget Gomez was only a year older and with the same playing profile when he was signed and similarly acclaimed of course and when he signed the first four CBs were Kolo, Skrtel, Sakho and Lovren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Gomez and VVD started last season, and again this season. This is the pair he wants week in week out.
    They only conceded 6 goals up to Dec 6th when Gomez got injured last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

I think Klopp and the eyes and the new brain have probably decided that VDB is ready to step in if needed, he played 22 games for Zwolle and came very highly touted. And lets not forget Gomez was only a year older and with the same playing profile when he was signed and similarly acclaimed of course and when he signed the first four CBs were Kolo, Skrtel, Sakho and Lovren.

For a team challenging on multiple fronts its mental.

Really smacks of penny pinching. very risky strategy, and by strategy I mean "make the balance sheet look healthy at all costs", its alway the american approach.

There are no positives to this kind of move so late in the day, for a team that have to fly half way across world and back in december.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Blanco100 wrote: »
    For a team challenging on multiple fronts its mental.

Really smacks of penny pinching. very risky strategy, and by strategy I mean "make the balance sheet look healthy at all costs", its alway the american approach.

There are no positives to this kind of move so late in the day, for a team that have to fly half way across world and back in december.

I don't think it has anything to do with Penny pinching. If anything it's probably down to Lovern asking to leave if he's not going to get guaranteed playing time.

• Advertisement

Anyone else being offered a hot date in PM.

I thought it was from a few my stalkers on here at first however it turns out Boards is being spammed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I thought it was from a few my stalkers on here at first however it turns out Boards is being spammed.

...you mean she's been cheating on me? :(

Yes, and days ago. Feeling good now I wasn't among the dregs :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I don't think it has anything to do with Penny pinching. If anything it's probably down to Lovern asking to leave if he's not going to get guaranteed playing time.

I'd agree, imagine how much the club had to pay out in CL winning bonuses and tie down the existing team on new contracts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

I had PM that is say is women who do cosplay so I knot open. Cosplay is for child. Disgrace.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement