Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Thats madness to sell Lovran...leaves pool light at the back...especially with World Club Cup atop of the usual 47 guaranteed games they have this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Blanco100 wrote: »
    For a team challenging on multiple fronts its mental.

Really smacks of penny pinching. very risky strategy, and by strategy I mean "make the balance sheet look healthy at all costs", its alway the american approach.

There are no positives to this kind of move so late in the day, for a team that have to fly half way across world and back in december.

I would doubt it has much to do with penny pinching, the balance sheet already looks healthy with zero costs this summer. More likely it is Klopp's decision either way, and Lovren may have been demanding greater involvement which Klopp couldn't guarantee.

Having said all that, it would just take a VVD ankle twist and the usual Gomez injury to really pressurize the central defence over 4 competitons etc.

I had PM that is say is women who do cosplay so I knot open. Cosplay is for child. Disgrace.

If you have nothing to say, just say nothing!

garra wrote: »
    If you have nothing to say, just say nothing!

So, we can't discuss Man U on this thread? :(

:D

So, we can't discuss Man U on this thread? :(

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

For every person saying "Why are we leaving ourselves short?" there is one saying "Good riddance always injured and error prone" and another saying "The kids can only improve if they get games". As always, I reckon Klopp knows what he's doing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Dickerty wrote: »
    For every person saying "Why are we leaving ourselves short?" there is one saying "Good riddance always injured and error prone" and another saying "The kids can only improve if they get games". As always, I reckon Klopp knows what he's doing...

There's also another saying 50/60 games between 3 experienced CBS doesn't go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

If the child do well we can compete but a lot stands on them. Harvey Elliott could be a big buy. Injection of youth into midfield for tired legs and planters fasciitis.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Anyone else being offered a hot date in PM.

Mine asked .....want to be my hun?

Told her we had enough of that in this thread last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

I can understand the willingness to let Lovren go, he has been a good servant, he has played, sometimes well, sometimes bad, when called upon. He clearly wants first team football, so let him have it. We signed VDB who was a starter at senior level for his old club. If your going to have 4 Center backs, you usually have at least 1 of them as a youth player, which VDB will be

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    There's also another saying 50/60 games between 3 experienced CBS doesn't go

GK and CB are the positions that you change the least. Ramos played 42 games in each of the last 2 seasons, he's 33 now. If they stay fit, then 3 is plenty. and most teams would have #4 and #5 as younger players, players who play in different positions or might change formation within a game...

GK and CB are the positions that you change the least. Ramos played 42 games in each of the last 2 seasons, he's 33 now. If they stay fit, then 3 is plenty. and most teams would have #4 and #5 as younger players, players who play in different positions or might change formation within a game...

I will say one thing about this, out of all the Center backs at our club, only 1 of them has been fit for an entire season out of all 4, VVD, the rest have had numerous injurys resulting in quite a few games missed, though I agree, Youth should be #4

gibgodsman wrote: »
    I will say one thing about this, out of all the Center backs at our club, only 1 of them has been fit for an entire season out of all 4, VVD, the rest have had numerous injurys resulting in quite a few games missed, though I agree, Youth should be #4

Matip had a few things over his first two seasons byt last season was good. Gomez's injuries could be seen as bad luck rather than any weakness. And I would love to see Sepp playing a half dozen first team games this season instead of kicking his heels in U23 constantly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

From what I've seen it's Lovren asking to leave for more playing time. Can't blame the guy. He's good enough to start IMO, but there are others that are a better option at the club. IF he wants more time you can't put the blame on Klopp. If the offer is good enough let him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just a pity we could get some of that Maguire money off the Rodgers, He signed Lovren once so he must be his kind of player and they never replaced Maguire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

According to Transfer Market VVD has missed 241 days through injury, Matip 289 so not much their since they both started out.

Matip had a few things over his first two seasons byt last season was good. Gomez's injuries could be seen as bad luck rather than any weakness. And I would love to see Sepp playing a half dozen first team games this season instead of kicking his heels in U23 constantly...

He missed 6 games last season due to a collarbone injury, since 2014 he has missed 56 games through injury

TitianGerm wrote: »
    According to Transfer Market VVD has missed 241 days through injury, Matip 289 so not much their since they both started out.

Games missed last season due to injury - 0 , My point stands, never said he wasn't injury prone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Looks like Barca are getting Neymar back in exchange for 100m, Rakitic, and some lad called Phil. So 18 months after buying him for 140m they're shipping him off for the player they signed him to replace :p

EDIT: Source http://www.culturepsg.com/news/mercato/la-reunion-psg-barca-confirmee-espn-evoque-100m-plus-deux-joueurs/27858

• Advertisement

Looks like Barca are getting Neymar back in exchange for 100m, Rakitic, and some lad called Phil. So 18 months after buying him for 140m they're shipping him off for the player they signed him to replace :p

EDIT: Source http://www.culturepsg.com/news/mercato/la-reunion-psg-barca-confirmee-espn-evoque-100m-plus-deux-joueurs/27858

To be honest its some decent business by Barca, Neymar, while being a twat, has a brand of his own, similar to players like Ronaldo and Messi, while no where near as good, he brings in huge amounts of fans and with that merchandise sales.

Rakitic is 31? They already replaced him, Coutinho has never settled, and was going to be sold or loaned out anyway. So 100m plus players leaving anyway, some good business.

Reddy is reporting Klopp wants a clearer pathway to first team football for Sepp that’s why he is happy to let Lovren go.

The young lad must be showing something in training since he joined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As I said....:)

Reddy is reporting Klopp wants a clearer pathway to first team football for Sepp that’s why he is happy to let Lovren go.

The young lad must be showing something in training since he joined.

I mean, if that doesn't hugely backfire, that's brilliant. Same for not replacing Clyne, Sturridge or Moreno, cause we have quality kids who will benefit from the games. He's building a roadmap for the next decade, not just looking at a single season.

Just watching a thing on Dalglish and how he was the first player/manager to lead a team out in fá Cup final, and got me thinking has there ever been another player/manager in the English or any other top flight, didn't seem unusual at the time but it was obviously very rare cos I can't think of any others before or since, I think maybe gullit for Chelsea for a bit but I'm not sure on that

Just watching a thing on Dalglish and how he was the first player/manager to lead a team out in fá Cup final, and got me thinking has there ever been another player/manager in the English or any other top flight, didn't seem unusual at the time but it was obviously very rare cos I can't think of any others before or since, I think maybe gullit for Chelsea for a bit but I'm not sure on that

Gullit won the FA Cup as a player manager for Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just watching a thing on Dalglish and how he was the first player/manager to lead a team out in fup final, and got me thinking has there ever been another player/manager in the English or any other top flight, didn't seem unusual at the time but it was obviously very rare cos I can't think of any others before or since, I think maybe gullit for Chelsea for a bit but I'm not sure on that

I think Giggs might have been a player manager for the last month of the season Moyes was fired in.

I think Giggs might have been a player manager for the last month of the season Moyes was fired in.

4 Games and won 2, Alan Shearer is the same standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Gullit & Vialli for Chelsea and Hoddle was player manager too in the 90's - was it at Palace?

Edit: Nope, Chelsea also - they loved player-managers in the 90's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

John Terry took charge of Chelsea for 20 mins in one game that he played in.

8-10 wrote: »
    Gullit & Vialli for Chelsea and Hoddle was player manager too in the 90's - was it at Palace?

Edit: Nope, Chelsea also - they loved player-managers in the 90's!

Sure their best player manager ever was Kepa Arrizabalaga :pac:

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    John Terry took charge of Chelsea for 20 mins in one game that he played in.

As did Kepa in the league cup final.

There is a couple wing/forward free agents might be worth taking a punt on two lads called Markovic & Assaidi and a center forward called Mario.

The one some of us always wanted at one time Honda :)

Ribery is also a free agent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Wayne Rooney for Derby maybe in the future?

I feel dirty for typing that sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Letting lovren go for 15m is a brilliant decision if we pull it off. It’s a sign of how well the club is run. It just won’t allow an old 4th choice injury prone throw back to the Rogers regime sit there on 100k a week to make mistakes in the league cup. It’s in massive contrast to utd who now have about 100 centre halves to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Initially, and purely from a playing perspective, it seems mad to sell Lovren without a replacement but when you look at the stats, finances and his current position in the pecking order, it makes sense.

From a business perspective it's a straightforward decision to sell; big salary, lot's of injuries last season, declining value.
    Lovren played 986 mins in the league, plus a couple in cups last season so 10 - 15 games to cover if the CBs ahead of him have similar injury records to last season. Hopefully Gomez stays fit, otherwise Fabinho will fill in or else Hoever / Van der Berg will get a run out at CB.

Happy enough to not see him pull on the red shirt again if it goes through, he did ok for Liverpool. Italy will likely suit him. A little slower, a little less frantic. He'll do well there. Just don't do a loan with the option to buy!

Simon Mignolet's Club Brugge are 1-0 down in Kyiv! I hope he can get into champion league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

To be honest its some decent business by Barca, Neymar, while being a twat, has a brand of his own, similar to players like Ronaldo and Messi, while no where near as good, he brings in huge amounts of fans and with that merchandise sales.

Rakitic is 31? They already replaced him, Coutinho has never settled, and was going to be sold or loaned out anyway. So 100m plus players leaving anyway, some good business.

PSG want rid of the problem child anyway id say.

Been a few bit part player/managers it seems, but didn't Kenny play most games in 86/87 that would have been very unusual to be playing most games and to be successful too of course by winning the double
    Don't think we'll ever see the likes again in modern football

Fieldog wrote: »

Jesus christ Keita is a disastet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ERG89 wrote: »
    I-dont-believe-you.gif

What this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

What this mean?

Basically sarcasm that he was really fit in the first place. He's constantly getting injured so I'm glad that we have enough midfielders in the squad to cover & he's not someone who we might need to play in defence when we have injuries there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1161345011440660486?s=20

All the feels, love this club to death...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Honestly think it's a genuinely terrible deal for them... they're effectively spending more than what they got for him a few years ago, and are getting back an older, more troublesome, and constantly injured version. He's spent more than half of his time with PSG out injured - and is still out injured. So at this point in time right now, he's been injured for 9 months straight, after being injured for 6 months straight the previous year. And it's ankle problems too, which are notoriously hard to properly get rid of. Especially for nimble, quick footed players like him, because there's constant pressure put on a tiny area from both his own weight and all the momentum of his speed every time he does a quick movement, which his entire game is based upon.

They'd have been far far far better off doing whatever they needed to do to get Mbappe instead. Far more resilient, far younger, equally good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Keita was rushed back from injury to play in AFCON. He was captain too, so a massive cog in their team. I think being rushed back is having an affect on him now.

Well they, or else his muscles do break down a lot, which is a big worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What if he's just making it all up? What if he's just absolutely winging it, like a normal person?

Not a ****ing clue what the overall picture is, but just goes to work every day and sees what happens.

That'd be gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Honestly think it's a genuinely terrible deal for them... they're effectively spending more than what they got for him a few years ago, and are getting back an older, more troublesome, and constantly injured version. He's spent more than half of his time with PSG out injured - and is still out injured. So at this point in time right now, he's been injured for 9 months straight, after being injured for 6 months straight the previous year. And it's ankle problems too, which are notoriously hard to properly get rid of. Especially for nimble, quick footed players like him, because there's constant pressure put on a tiny area from both his own weight and all the momentum of his speed every time he does a quick movement, which his entire game is based upon.

They'd have been far far far better off doing whatever they needed to do to get Mbappe instead. Far more resilient, far younger, equally good.

If this deal goes through, the whole Neymar saga of the past few years has been absolutely bonkers.

Mignolet went through with Brugge. 4-3 on agg.

• Advertisement

I think we have come out best of the original Neymar transfer.

Neymar to PSG for 220m Barca use 140m of that for Coutinho which Liverpool use to buy the players which turn them into European Champions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement