Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'd love to see wholesale changes if I'm honest.

Chelsea were a threat against utd tho their defence let them down.

Nonetheless, they've no hazard, the competition is reasonably meaningless, we've a tough game sat, our forwards didn't get a great break this summer and alot of our squaddies need minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

8-10 wrote: »

That video of Homer running in to Bart in his bed and they've overdubbed the sound is the best thing ever - https://streamable.com/an9wi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

noodler wrote: »

We haven't got the depth to do that anywhere except midfield & not suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just saw Porto got knocked out of CL qualification last night, no third year in a row of "Liverpool fans are being way too cocky about facing Porto" followed by us winning the tie by a margin of 5 goals.

ERG89 wrote: »
    We haven't got the depth to do that anywhere except midfield & not suffer.

What's crazy is despite not having a whole lot of cover up front our backup front 3 of Shaqiri/Origi/Ox still looks at least as good as the front 3 Chelsea started against United in Mount/Abraham/Pedro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

What's crazy is despite not having a whole lot of cover up front our backup front 3 of Shaqiri/Origi/Ox still looks at least as good as the front 3 Chelsea started against United in Mount/Abraham/Pedro.

Better, I would say. 2 of our 3 featured heavily in our peak games in second half of the season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just marking the pages with the mugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

noodler wrote: »

Chelsea were a threat against utd tho their defence let them down.

Nonetheless, they've no hazard, the competition is reasonably meaningless, we've a tough game sat, our forwards didn't get a great break this summer and alot of our squaddies need minutes.

I want to win it, wanted to win the Community Shield as well. I say go strong, beat them, lift the cup, heap some more misery on Lampard and Chelsea, everyone has a good time.

It's one game, the team are all over there and there's only three games in the PL before we hit the international break with each game having a week between. No fixture congestion to worry about this early.

I care about this a lot more than the Charity Shield, partially because we actually did something to get to this final, but I'm honestly still not sure if I care as much as I do about any single league game right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Wouldn't be so bad if we didn't play Southampton until Sunday but we have them away at 3 on Saturday. That's a quick enough turnaround from a Wednesday evening game in Turkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

I care about this a lot more than the Charity Shield, partially because we actually did something to get to this final, but I'm honestly still not sure if I care as much as I do about any single league game right now.

Honestly the Super Cup is on par with the League Cup/what ever sponsor now a days cup

Winner of the 2 biggest trophy's obtainable by all European Teams vs one another.

I would 100% consider this a big game, I just don't think many will as its so damn early in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Victims of our own success. If we can just stop winning European Cups we'll avoid this early season fixture congestion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wouldn't be so bad if we didn't play Southampton until Sunday but we have them away at 3 on Saturday. That's a quick enough turnaround from a Wednesday evening game in Turkey.

We're playing in Europe this year, it's a good tune up to get into the rhythm of traveling mid week. Not just the squad, but everything and everyone behind the scenes as well.
    The quicker we find rhythm on and off the pitch the better.

We probably won't rest many for either, but I'd honestly be more confident in beating this Chelsea side with a few of our starters rested than I would be about doing the same to Southampton.

I was 'meh' about the Charity Shield but I'll be disappointed to lose this tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well hope we lose to Frank Lampard's Chelsea since this games means nothing and Frank Lampard wins his first meaningless trophy with Frank Lampard's Chelsea.

Maybe Frank Lampard can make Frank Lampard's Chelsea a likeable team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yes I fully intending on being utterly insufferable in work tomorrow. Will give it loads.

Also on the Keita front, he's to be "assessed" for tonight so I'd imagine that means he'll be fine by the weekend. He also posted a picture to instagram from the training session about 3 hours after reports of his injury so make of that what you will but I'm imagining/hoping it's not that big a deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Thank God Its Not Captain Leader Legends Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

If we get a good lead in the game I would like to see Brewster & Elliott get 20 minutes at the end it would be a great place for them to announce themselves to everyone. I don't think Klopp will though he is very pragmatic and will put out the strongest team possible he hasn't won this trophy either and im sure he would want to have it ot his collection and start adding to the wins list in cup finals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Second half against Norwich was worst football we played this calendar year, lose tonight and the doubts begin to double.
    Preseason was awful too, we were so open, so easily got at. A win tonight though and it's a huge confidence boost ahead of Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Second half against Norwich was worst football we played this calendar year

What? :confused::confused:

We were 4-0 against them at half time, there was literally no need to come out all guns blazing in the second half, we took the foot of the pedal and relaxed a bit, and rightly so, we had 2 more games in 7 days coming up.

We didn't play bad in the 2nd half, we just didn't really care because they were hardly coming back from 4-0 down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The first 15 mins of the 2nd half, we played some good stuff too. And should have scored a couple aswell. That Firmino chance for one.

Brewster may see some time tonight possibly, depending on how the game is going. I assume tonight is back to the 12 man subs bench again. Origi & Shaqiri probably still ahead of him in the pecking order tho. Origi will come on for Bobby more than likely and Mane will come off at some stage too. Brewster will want minutes soon. He's been threatening to come on for a long time now!

Yeah I'm not gonna look too much into taking the foot off the pedal 4-0 up against Norwich at home.

€3.5m for playing in the game and an extra €1m for winning it.

Win and that pays for the summer transfers.

#NetSpendEuropeanSuperCupWinners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

€3.5m for playing in the game and an extra €1m for winning it.

Win and that pays for the summer transfers.

#NetSpendEuropeanSuperCupWinners.

1.3 million spent and 27.3 million in sales as ings 20 million only went through this window. How long till Elliott price will be decided ?

Jaysus I forgot about Ings.

Lovren money as well if he goes will bring the net spend since Klopp became manager down to about £60m.

Will we wear our Champions League patches tonight? Wanna see the 6 on the sleeve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

gibgodsman wrote: »
    What? :confused::confused:

We were 4-0 against them at half time, there was literally no need to come out all guns blazing in the second half, we took the foot of the pedal and relaxed a bit, and rightly so, we had 2 more games in 7 days coming up.

We didn't play bad in the 2nd half, we just didn't really care because they were hardly coming back from 4-0 down

We lost 0-1 to Norwich with Klopp screaming on the touchline. We deserved to lose that half and it wasn't that we weren't trying. But even in the first half we looked awful at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone know what channel we are on tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Do we have to win both halves to win the trophy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Stevie and Crouch, this could be a bit of craic :

https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1161341975959937024?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Turtyturd wrote: »
    More important is we avoid extra time - they're allowed a full squad on the bench, as per the CL final, so hopefully that means they can have a fourth sub in extra time as well if needed. That should be avoidable based on last weekend's performances...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

We lost 0-1 to Norwich with Klopp screaming on the touchline. We deserved to lose that half and it wasn't that we weren't trying. But even in the first half we looked awful at the back.

Toby knows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Liverpool: Adrian, Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah.

Subs: Lonergan, Kelleher, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Lallana, Shaqiri, Brewster, Origi, Hoever, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott.

Is that Ox on the wing or a 4-4-2? Should be good....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

that formation shouts don't sell lovren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Turtyturd wrote: »

Yes. It goes to the judges scorecards in the event of a half being won by both teams. Liverpool really can't afford to leave a trophy of this importance in the judges hands.

Yes. It goes to the judges scorecards in the event of a half being won by both teams. Liverpool really can't afford to leave a trophy of this importance in the judges hands.

Definitely. hopefully we don’t run riot in the first half hour and then take our foot off the gas in the second half and lose it. Surely the players have learned their lesson though after Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Liverpool: Adrian, Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah.

Subs: Lonergan, Kelleher, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Lallana, Shaqiri, Brewster, Origi, Hoever, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott.

Is that Ox on the wing or a 4-4-2? Should be good....

Adrian,
    Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson,
    Fabinho,
    Milner, Henderson,
    OxCham,
    Salah
    Mane

looks logical to me

• Advertisement

Adrian,
    Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson,
    Fabinho,
    Milner, Henderson,
    OxCham,
    Salah
    Mane

looks logical to me

That's very narrow if Frank Lampard's Chelsea paly two out and out wingers.

Naby Keita will miss tonight’s UEFA Super Cup clash with Chelsea due to a muscle strain.

The Liverpool midfielder left Tuesday evening’s training session at Besiktas Park early after feeling the issue and is not part of the squad for the game in Istanbul.

The muscle strain occurred around the hip area and Keita will be assessed further by the Reds’ medical team in the coming days.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/360666-naby-keita-injury-update

That's very narrow if Frank Lampard's Chelsea paly two out and out wingers.

I wonder if they’ll ever play Steven Gerrard’s Rangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I wouldn't read much into the opening games. We just need to find a way to win them and build on them. There was an issue at the back Friday alright, Norwich got in behind too much. If we see the same issues at the back 5 games in I'd be a little bit concerned.

Not sure where the scores per half have come from all of a sudden. Screams of someone trying to make an issue out of nothing. Football will always be two halves and the score at the end is all that matters.

I reckon Ox out wide right with Salah through the middle.

The ref is lucky Terry doesn’t play for Chelsea anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

is this on normal Telly tonight or is it a BT Sports only situation?

Virgin Media Sport but the chat beforehand is driving me nuts. Angry must be my new default position

Wait it's just got good Souness is appalled the wommin are officiating

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Virgin Media Sport but the chat beforehand is driving me nuts. Angry must be my new default position

Brian kerr is on fire and souness isn't happy with the ref.
    Better than sky in all and amyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,265 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

think i agree with souness. 2 senior games reffed? nuts!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement