Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Looking fairly septic out there, defender's are getting ran ragged and VVD doesn't look at the race's either, if we can get to half time without conceding again we may have a chance....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The last time Gomez played right back we got destroyed by Barca.

The lad cannot play right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Some of the lads not up to speed yet, Gomez, Fab, and Ox look off for various reasons.

Klopp needs to sort them out at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Henderson and Milner completely outclassed in midfield. Klopp has a serious blindspot there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Is the Ox even on the field??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You feel Saturday will be particularly tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Need Shaq or Origi on 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Doom and gloom being ramped up big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Played ok for 10-15 mins and then just stopped. Deserve to be behind. Midfield so inefectual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

All over the shop this evening, and all preseason, and against Norwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It's worrying that Matip has been arguably our best player that half considering he's had a couple of wobbles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Ox isn't involved at all, as bad a half as you'll see, just anonymous. Defence and the rest of the midfield not far behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gomez isn't a right back and it really shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Don't be worrying just yet lads, you can still win the 2nd half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

reminiscent of the start to last year except we wont be keeping too many clean sheets turning over the ball so easily.

Van Dijk's worst half as a Liverpool player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hopefully it does not go to extra time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Pulisic looks a good player. Would have been ideal depth for us. Would get plenty of game time.

Tonight is kinda showing we have no adequate replacements for Bobby and TAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Van dyke is not making any effort. Slow reactions and no attempts to chase back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Matip having a mare. Gomez doesnt perform for me at RB and is good enough to start CB. Just play Hoever if Trent is rested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well I said OxCham needed minutes and a half would be good - he's had it and he better not come out for the next 45!

• Advertisement

For a bunch who did care if we win it before the game started there is a lot getting up set now.

noodler wrote: »
    You feel Saturday will be particularly tough.

This game has nothing to with Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Funny how you can go from CL winners to negativity so quickly.

Bit early to be panicking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

For a bunch who did care if we win it before the game started there is a lot getting up set now.

A lot of us cared about winning this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ox gets a pass for me given how long he's been away from competitive action but yknow... Take him off anyway

Trent missing kills a big part of our game, I'd whip on the young lad Hoever... Hoover, Dyson whatever the feck his name is

Bobby also a big loss, fire in Origi and put him up top to cause Zouma a bit of trouble and win us another game

As bad as we've been, to be fair Chelsea have Kante, Pedro & Pulisic playing quote well, when we get the ball up top we're creating but we're simply getting hammered at midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    On the field it hasn't done what they hoped yet - but on the field is only a means to an end off the field. By all accounts the club's goal is to become a globally dominant cross-platform brand, rather than necessarily just aiming for football success, and that's on its way to happening. Apparently PSG gear/fashion/apparel is actually really popular with kids around Europe, and the PSG brand is just seen as a cool lifestyle thing in and of itself. Which sort of hurts my soul a little bit.

One big problem I have with PSG as a 'global brand' is they only get crowds of just over 40,000. I mean Paris is one of the biggest cities in Europe. And it has no split in support within the city like London or Madrid or Milan have. They really should be getting Barcelona level crowds considering where they are based.

Klopp should take off VVD Mane and Salah. Pointless game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Pulisic looks a good player. Would have been ideal depth for us. Would get plenty of game time.

Tonight is kinda showing we have no adequate replacements for Bobby and TAA.

Pulisic cost £60m, he wasn't just some clever pickup Chelsea spent massive money on him.

I think I remember a few posters calling my prediction that Ox wouldn't be fully match ready till Christmas bullsh1t and being told he would be perfectly ready for the start of the season.

I think I'll stick to my original prediction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

This makes sense. If people care if we win, they would get upset if we are losing, yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Frankie Lamps Chelsea giving Jurgen Klopps Liverpool a bad beating so far.

Pedro and Pulisic movement killing us.

You could get a fleet of Stena Line between Gomez and Matip. Gomez not nimble enough for Pulisic's jinking and jiving.

Getting bullied in midfield.

Hup the boyos.

Biggest problem is absolutely the midfield, they can't string 3 passes together, our defence is under constant attack because of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Pulisic cost £60m, he wasn't just some clever pickup Chelsea spent massive money on him.

Never said he was a clever pick up? It's not like we don't have that kind of money. You are reading something that isn't there in my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

Not in the game at all. We are very sluggish in general and midfield gone missing. Chelsea picking up all the breaks. Matip only defender that seems bothered.

Gomez, Vvd, all 3 midfielders very poor. Didnt know Ox was playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It's been one half lads,we been rubbish for 25 mins,Chelsea deserve to.lead,it's not end of the world,few tweaks and game could change quick

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Matip having a mare. Gomez doesnt perform for me at RB and is good enough to start CB. Just play Hoever if Trent is rested.

Taught matip was our best player in that half

koppy wrote: »
    Van dyke is not making any effort. Slow reactions and no attempts to chase back.

Adrien
    Gomes, Lovern, van Dyke, Robinson,

Fabino, Hendersen, Millar,, Oxlad Chamberlin

Sala, Firminho

Liverpool's Dyslexic 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What is happening to our defence compared to last season? Worrying signs tonight on top of Norwich getting through and around us a fair few times on friday as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Midfield not working at all, feel like we need a HT sub but probably wont see it that soon. Definitely need some sort of change there, tactical or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Never said he was a clever pick up? It's not like we don't have that kind of money. You are reading something that isn't there in my post.

He is. You post against the party line. Different opinion have no place here, sadly.

I only care about winning if we win, I don't care about winning if we lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Another nothing,a few players look bollixed,never seen Andy so drenched in sweat,ox same, obviously havin some effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Always think Milner and Henderson are a bit too similar to play alongside each.

This isn't the game to bring Chamberlain back into either. The midfield hasn't really been good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So Utd beat Chelsea 4-0 and Chelsea are now beating Liverpool 1-0.
    I hope Liverpool aren't playing Utd anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Be grand, get Origi on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Biggest problem is absolutely the midfield, they can't string 3 passes together, our defence is under constant attack because of them.

Tbf Matip constantly passing it to Chelsea players doesn't help either nor does Gomez being all over the shop on the right.

Still think we'll win this. Just need some motivation at half time.
    We'll be better second half Shirley .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Charlie19 wrote: »
    So Utd beat Chelsea 4-0 and Chelsea are now beating Liverpool 1-0.
    I hope Liverpool aren't playing Utd anytime soon.

Chelsea have a better side out tonight to be fair.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Tbf Matip constantly passing it to Chelsea players doesn't help either nor does Gomez being all over the shop on the right.

Yeah but Matip shouldn't have to be the one constantly making those forward passes, when himself and van Dijk are on the ball the midfielders just turn off instead of actually trying to get open for them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement