Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

cjmc wrote: »
    Seeimly we are looking a some guinea forward from Bordeaux for 15m +5m in add oms. From the sun though.

Don't read the S*n

And that was a rumour from about a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Salah posting another pic of him and Lovren chilling.

I wonder how much weight the club give things like that when considering any offers to sell. You imagine it increases Lovren's value to the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Pepp1989 wrote: »

I wonder how much weight the club give things like that when considering any offers to sell. You imagine it increases Lovren's value to the club.

I’d imagine it has no bearing whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Pepp1989 wrote: »

It's possible but you'd want to be some pleb of a negotiator with a neck like a jockey's bollox to put it on the table

"My client is best friends with your/our star forward....that's an additional premium."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Physio Room (which has now changed name to https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php says only Clyne (ACL) is injured with Mane being rested for tomorrow. Hoping to see Origi start tomorrow and doing a bit of Divock damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't mind seeing Brewster thrown straight into the deep end tomorrow to see what he is made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I wouldn't mind seeing Brewster thrown straight into the deep end tomorrow to see what he is made of.

If he is playing with Origi & Shaqiri instead of Salah & Firmino you wont see much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Who ever plays front and center will get their chances, even if Klopp played there. The question is will he take those chances like a Owen or a Fowler, I hope so. I hope he's the real deal, and we have a real goal getter on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

gafferino wrote: »
    I’d imagine it has no bearing whatsoever

That was something I always found amusing when people thought that Moreno was kept at the club because he was good mates with Coutinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

I wonder will Wilson get sometime tomorrow that might indicate that he will stay for the season. I would like to see Brewster get so time tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Guy we are messing up

giphy.gif

I would be curious to see although I don't think he will. I'd like to see Elliot get 10 minutes at the end and just told to attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I would be curious to see although I don't think he will. I'd like to see Elliot get 10 minutes at the end and just told to attack.

It's Elliott with two Ts chief. :(

It's Elliott with two Ts chief. :(

Tell that to my predictive text.

Guy we are messing up

giphy.gif

Lovern!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Shocking defending from Maguire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I hope when Brewster plays ,it's with a full strong team ,not a weakened cup side,play with mo and bobby,bobby n mane etc..not him wilson n divock,

If he can't shine playing with the first team boys then it will be obvious.

Callum Hudson-Odoi was excellent in the Community Shield last season and barely got a look in the league.

I think it's a good game for youngsters to get exposure, I'd start Brewster for sure but I have a feeling we'll see Wijnaldum start in the front line

It's great we went through whole window with no one linked to any of our important players. We go again, this time knowing more, and even stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

x43r0 wrote: »
    Thats OriGi

You'll address him by his proper title, you little bollox

Post of the decade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

A scattering of red jerseys around Dublin Airport. A season of hope, expectation and excitement starts in earnest today.

Let’s get into these Citeh boys & show them why we are the current European Champions!

A scattering of red jerseys around Dublin Airport. A season of hope, expectation and excitement starts in earnest today.

Let’s get into these Citeh boys & show them why we are the current European Champions!

Enjoy the game! I don't put much importance on it myself but would be delighted to win it because of the opposition.

Overall this is the last game of preseason, and it's a conpetitive game against the team we want to catch in the league. No better prep 5 days from the start of the season. Win and we get a lift, lose and we have 5 days more of preseason to work on stuff. This is going to show where we are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If we win today we reach 16 Charity Shields, we're currently level with Arsenal on 15. We havent won it (or even been in it) since 2006 with Rafa.

I don't care if this match is completely meaningless, by 5pm I want a trophy lift, a victory lap with bells and whistles and some shiny new silverware to bring back to the trophy room. Halfords have 2 for 1 on metal polish so we need to strike while the iron is hot.

16 times lads, keep the dream alive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Any kind of a win will do.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Does it go to pens if level after 90 or is it shared?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Straight to pens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Straight to pens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Whos showing it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Whos showing it ?

BT sport

Straight to pens after 90 minutes makes sense, who needs extra time a week before season kicks off.
    At least there is some common sense left in the FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Rega

Straight to penis after 90 minutes makes sense.

Whatever you're into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Didn't the community shield used to be on BBC. That's annoying

Vicxas wrote: »

Yea,
    BT Sports, how crap.
    Should be on Freeview for sure. Nothing Community about this Shield.

Really don't care about this pre season result. Could as well be Tranmere as it's importance. Name of the game is avoid injuries.

Have similar feelings for The Super Cup and World clubs but that's another debate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Since Mane isn't there its a toss up between Gomez or Matip otherwise the strongest team available

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Origi, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Shaqiri, Matip.

Surprised Brewster doesn't make the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Since Mane isn't there its a toss up between Gomez or Matip otherwise the strongest team available

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Origi, Salah, Firmino.

Where is mane ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Jimmy Milner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Where is mane ?

Not due back from holiday until tomorrow

• Advertisement

Brewster struggled in pre season when the training intensified afaik. He'll have learnt a lot lot this summer so far. No doubt we'll see him soon again.

Where is mane ?

Having a well deserved break. I'd imagine he'll be used sparingly during August.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Jimmy Milner?

Tight muscle it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Brewster is obviously some way off being 100% ready to step up.

Anyone get the impression Klopp has been frustrated this summer in his interviews over lack of signings?

Makes veiled digs at city buying who they want. Noticeably none of the kids or returning loanees are part of the squad today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Brewster is obviously some way off being 100% ready to step up.

Anyone get the impression Klopp has been frustrated this summer in his interviews over lack of signings?

Makes veiled digs at city buying who they want. Noticeably none of the kids or returning loanees are part of the squad today.

NO, no, no, no, no, no, no....
    Klopp is very happy with the squad.
    He's happy not to be adding to it, noone worth while buying out there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Vicxas wrote: »

It has not been on Free tv for years

Just clicked to upgrade sky account to add the Sports Extra. I used to have BT sports package as part of Eir Broadband, I turned over to BT and it was not viewable, so I had to upgrade to this new Sky Sports Extra .
    10 a month.

It has not been on Free tv for years

Don't think many on this thread have payed attention to this game in the past 15 years in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

NO, no, no, no, no, no, no....
    Klopp is very happy with the squad.
    He's happy not to be adding to it, noone worth while buying out there....

michael-collins-rea-screenshot1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Owl. wrote: »
    michael-collins-rea-screenshot1.jpg

Totally objective comment alright.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement