Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I stand corrected.

#13times

Let it never be forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Adrian and Lonergan free agents last week winning a European trophy tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

They've sized the actual trophy up since we last won it, looks twice as big?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It should be Monday. Regardless of it being on Sky Sports or not. Same as how Chelsea shouldn't have played Sunday. 2 days extra rest can make all the difference for players recovering fitness.

If you want to know how little Sky care about any of that stuff you just have to look to Tyler and co. on Friday night laughing about the fact that Norwich fans will probably have to wait until 6am to get a train home, TV numbers are the only concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Adrian seems like a big character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Technically, the charity shield is not a cup, because its em,ya know,a plate thingy..

The rest are cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

8-10 wrote: »

Think we need cameras on players socks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Klopp is an absolute character. Love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Technically, the charity shield is not a cup, because its em,ya know,a plate thingy..

The rest are cups.

😂very good. Sure Serie A just had a badge for years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

No one gave their medal to boy in wheelchair. Would have been a nice gesture, they'd get a replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

The rest are cups.
    Isn’t the German league trophy a plate thingy as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Club World Cup I'm actually excited for, it's just such a novelty to get to face teams from outside Europe.

It's like getting to the end of a "shoot em up" video game and facing the "big boss" opponent after multiple attempts, the novelty is indeed what makes it special. Although some of our best players are from South America and Africa so it won't be wholly unusual

No one gave their medal to boy in wheelchair. Would have been a nice gesture, they'd get a replacement

Mane, shaqs and Henderson greeting to the young lad impressed me along with nearly all of the Chelsea squad. Fair play.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Mane, shaqs and Henderson greeting to the young lad impressed me along with nearly all of the Chelsea squad. Fair play.

I would have given him my medal, but that's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

If you want to know how little Sky care about any of that stuff you just have to look to Tyler and co. on Friday night laughing about the fact that Norwich fans will probably have to wait until 6am to get a train home, TV numbers are the only concern.

Sky certainly only care about the $$$. But the PL have a primary obligation to the clubs they represent. And to give them the best possible chance of succeeding.

When La Liga facilitate their teams in Europe while the Premiership don't. They are hurting their own teams chances of winning. Even if it's only by the smallest amount. Games and cups can be won by the slimmest of margins. Evidenced tonight by a single save separating the teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Another trophy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I would have given him my medal, but that's just me.

Maybe, someone did out of the gaze of cameras. A proper gesture.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I know plenty of our players are shattered after that and a good chance it could affect our result on sat but still its a nice feeling to have won another trophy no matter how trivial it is to some people. Its something you could get used to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Shouldn't he have just said "Super"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I know plenty of our players are shattered after that and a good chance it could affect our result on sat but still its a nice feeling to have won another trophy no matter how trivial it is to some people. Its something you could get used to

If it's a straight either/or choice. I would pick winning the Super Cup over 3 points everyday of the week.

A bird in the hand........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

The first reply is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Definitely leaning towards insufferable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Super cup for a super team!

Performances are ropey right now but it'll be up to speed soon. For now I'd stick with a back 4 of taa matip vvd robbo. Gomez just isn't match sharp looks all over the place.

EB9j5FbWwAAHrVU.jpg

Opps.

VAR missed that too

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Are we unbearable or insufferable...feel everyone needs to be on the same page here. Maybe a mod could stick up a poll.

I'm trying my best to be both.
    The Chelsea fan at work is going to have a baaaadddd day tomorrow.

• Advertisement

EB9s06sW4AAI1do.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

EB9j5FbWwAAHrVU.jpg

Opps.

VAR missed that too
    That's just Karma restoring balance to the universe....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Owl. wrote: »
    I'm trying my best to be both.
    The Chelsea fan at work is going to have a baaaadddd day tomorrow.

Just keep reminding him that with tonight’s win we actually have conquered all of Europe.

It was definitely worth it after looking at the reaction of the squad and staff at the end, it shows it meant something to them.

Ref and assistant ref missed it too..... why always VAR's fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just keep reminding him that with tonight’s win we actually have conquered all of Europe.

I will and *I'm* never gonna stop.

• Advertisement

Of all the players the most genuinely happy was Adrian, delighted for him he never won anything before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

EB9j5FbWwAAHrVU.jpg

Opps.

VAR missed that too

https://twitter.com/andrew75blake/status/1161755858851835905?s=19

Looks like his foot is on the line from this angle ;)

rob316 wrote: »
    Of all the players the most genuinely happy was Adrian, delighted for him he never won anything before.

It's a funny game really because up until his save, the keeper that looked most likely to pull off a save was Kep, Adrian seemed to go a bit too early beforehand.

• Advertisement

Is that 3 Super Cups in a row for us? I think it is .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Charlie19 wrote: »
    It's a funny game really because up until his save, the keeper that looked most likely to pull off a save was Kep, Adrian seemed to go a bit too early beforehand.

totally agree, the fact that Chelsea s 4th and 5th penalties went the same place and adrian s foot wasn't that far from the 4th might have helped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Vicxas wrote: »
    Do we think we're experimenting with a higher line, because it seems like opposition players are getting behind us much easier
    The defence is playing a higher line this season - Gomez and TAA spoke about it in a post match interview last week. The idea behind it is to give the midfield less ground to cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just seen game now, both teams had good and bad spells, I'm worried how var can give a pen that clearly wasn't though plus mane should have had a pen, we've a bit of work to do now though, not a right level yet early days though

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I'm worried how var can give a pen that clearly wasn't though
    The ref gave it. No VAR and it was still a pen.
    I thought from the BT Sport replay that there was no touch, but did the VAR team see that angle? VAR will clear up a lot of decisions, but not all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Anyway here's the important news:

Screenshot-2019-08-14-at-22-53-18.png

I have absolutely no idea why the picture showing the amount of trophies we've won has somehow turned into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think we've conceded more good goal chances in the past two games against Norwich and Chelsea than we did in the entirety of the second half of last season. That's a worry as we look a good bit off our best right now.

What can't be questioned is the character of the side. They always dig in and fight even when not playing all that well.

If Klopp thinks a high line is the way to go then I trust him, we just have to accept the teething problems for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I have absolutely no idea why the picture showing the amount of trophies we've won has somehow turned into this.

Was staring at that picture for minutes, zooming in, trying to figure out why it was multi-thanked. Just assumed I was getting old and not with it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement