Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gibgodsman wrote: »
    It was quite obvious Ox is not ready for first team football, I honestly feel a loan until January could do him the world of good.

It's like Fab all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

However poor Gomez was last night, Hoever at 17 years of age and 1 League cup appearance is not going to be a better option in the short-term unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

What this thing about loaning players because they take sometime to get up and running?

Where would he be loaned to? Does the team he is going to be loaned to want him or need him? Do they have players like Liverpool or do they play the same way as Liverpool?

It doesn’t make any sense to loan Ox. He needs game time with Liverpool not anyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

gibgodsman wrote: »
    It was quite obvious Ox is not ready for first team football, I honestly feel a loan until January could do him the world of good.

Gomez is very poor as a right back, he constantly makes mistakes and can't attack at all.

Matip started off like a monster, stopping everything, then became the mistake waiting to happen, sooo many sloppy passes.

It was never ever ever a penalty, VAR was used and still got it so wrong. This crap of "The refs were amazing", because they were women everyone has to say it yeah? Think of the seriously high number of simple throw in decisions they got wrong. They were shocking through out, no constancy with the yellow cards either.

It was a good result, but it was a very poor display for the most part. Mane and Firmino have started the season great, and if it were not for those 2 we would have lost.

I don't think it was a penalty - 100% agreed there - but disagree with the rest of what you said entirely. The game flowed very well in general, I thought. The cards were kept in the pocket until late on when there was a few clear bookable offences.

I don't think its anything to with gender - the only call that was questionable/wrong (bar the throw ins but that isn't uncommon) was the penalty, and the VAR team was male, as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Adrian was poor aside from the penalty save...I’d be loaning him out tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Adrian was poor aside from the penalty save...I’d be loaning him out tbh.

his distribution was poor, which I thought was supposed to be a strong part of his game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The humidity probably was a big factor so early on in the season, especially for the likes of Gomez and Ox who are still getting back from last year's lay off.

The Southampton game now could be a real struggle after last night.

One positive on the fitness front is that Salah looks like a machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ox wasn't good but the whole team was shíte while he was on the pitch. Hopefully we can see him back where he played before the injury in a central role soon, we desperately lacked someone to connect midfield and attack last night and that's what he did for us before the injury.

Knex. wrote: »

One positive on the fitness front is that Salah looks like a machine.

His ball control/upper body strength seems to have improved, he went into a few encounters last night and where typically he'd lose the ball it seemed stuck to him. Great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was very disappointed and vocal about how we started out last year and we ended up with 97 points and a Champions League.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I was very disappointed and vocal about how we started out last year and we ended up with 97 points and a Champions League.

Were you one of the 3 or 4 still vocal about it around April ?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Were you one of the 3 or 4 still vocal about it around April ?

No it was around October and I pondered that we were playing quite poorly despite the fact we were winning all the time. By April I had gotten used to it.
    In my defence most experts were saying Salah was playing terrible, well into the New Year and he ended up top scorer (joint if we're being pedantic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ox was out of position, needs a front 3 ahead of him and him in that 10 role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

his distribution was poor, which I thought was supposed to be a strong part of his game

I don't think it was that bad . Hit a few long ones that found their man

cjmc wrote: »
    Hendo was fine last night but at least twice he could of shot from the edge or inside the box rather than try to play in mo. Minor thing but I miss those kinda goals

Yeah he's getting into that "late arrival on the edge of the box" position a lot more, which is good, but his finishing needs some serious work.

Hope he wins , even just to break away from the Messi, Ronaldo, Messi ,Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldo...

Allison came 4th, Mane 5TH, Salah 6th

sterling at 10th,I think he will be in the top three this season if he can stay injury free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

If he wins that, then surely the Ballon d'Or can be a realistic option for him.

if he plays well in the next couple of weeks of PL & CL games and gets the odd goal with the odd big 'moment', it will be very hard to ignore him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

The others shortlists -

Goalkeeper of the Season: Alisson Becker, Hugo Lloris, Marc-André ter Stegen
    Defender of the Season: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Matthijs de Ligt, Virgil van Dijk
    Midfielder of the Season: Frenkie de Jong, Christian Eriksen, Jordan Henderson
    Forward of the Season: Sadio Mané, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo
    Women's Player of the Year: Lucy Bronze, Ada Hegerberg, Amandine Henry
    Europa League Player of the Season: Olivier Giroud, Eden Hazard, Luka Jović

Those in bold are basically certain based on the votes in the main category. So we will officially have the best GK and 2 of the best defenders in the world (I know it's UEFA, but come on now...), as well as 2 of the 4 best strikers!

Pep will have a fit. Saw him interviewed before the charity shield complaining we had more players in some team of the year poll than they did. He's right of course but it's kinda funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sterling at 10th,I think he will be in the top three this season if he can stay injury free.

Yea he's really matured over the last few years. He always worked hard on the pitch and got in the right position but his finishing let him down. Himself and Pep have really improved that aspect of his game though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

In fairness hes turned into some player, actually gone from a dopey player into a clever player, the ability was always there.
    Still hate him for wanting out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Sterling is their main man imo..

Only thing that annoyed me about the ref last ngt,any Chelsea cynical foul the ball got toe poked away to prevent a quick free, no bookings..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sterling is their main man imo..

Only thing that annoyed me about the ref last ngt,any Chelsea cynical foul the ball got toe poked away to prevent a quick free, no bookings..

Yes i notice that too, overall i thought the ladies were superb on the night.
    Better than a lot of male officials doing the rounds these days.

Oh and we got another trophy :)

Dcully wrote: »
    Yes i notice that too, overall i thought the ladies were superb on the night.
    Better than a lot of male officials doing the rounds these days.

Oh and we got another trophy :)

Totally agree. I'm sure the ref was nervous. Probably thinking "I hope I don't have a Graham Poll" but thought they were pretty good. Thought the blonde one was a little fussy over a corner and the ball not being on the line but players get away with murder on corners. We took one last year and the Barcelona defence wasn't even ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

No it was around October and I pondered that we were playing quite poorly despite the fact we were winning all the time. By April I had gotten used to it.
    In my defence most experts were saying Salah was playing terrible, well into the New Year and he ended up top scorer (joint if we're being pedantic)

TAA stated that the Madrid CL final loss made a big impression on the team, in terms of being more pragmatic and controlling games more clinically.. which in the cold light of day could look like we were not as fluent offensively yet we were picking up points more consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Totally agree. I'm sure the ref was nervous. Probably thinking "I hope I don't have a Graham Poll" but thought they were pretty good. Thought the blonde one was a little fussy over a corner and the ball not being on the line but players get away with murder on corners. We took one last year and the Barcelona defence wasn't even ready.

A bossy blonde, who would have thought it? Nice arse in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I doubt we'll see a huge amount of squad players coming in against Southampton. It's early on and we managed the game pretty well from a fitness perspective.

Mane didn't finish the game, Trent, Bobby came on later, so I think all 3 will start.

Fabinho's the only one who seemed really goosed, so maybe he might drop out.

I wonder if we'll see Hendo, Milner and Gini. Or will Lallana get his chance at 6?

• Advertisement

I didn't realise how nice the pass from Fab was for this goal:

giphy.gif

Second goal is just a really nice 1-2 move and finish:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Adrian with a good stop:

giphy.gif

Matip too long, Matip too strong:

giphy.gif

Ox's one shining moment:

giphy.gif

Glad to see Henderson getting into this position more often but he needs to put his foot through these, great work from Firmino once again:

giphy.gif

Salah's touch (and again Henderson getting into good forward positions):

giphy.gif

Hero moment:

giphy.gif

Thought this was really cute:

giphy.gif

Gotta say I'm a big fan of Henderson's trophy lifting technique:

giphy.gif

Also been having a good laugh at Bobby getting way too excited for the fireworks and then disappointed when they don't come

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

I think Saturday Lineup should be a bit different, we need to give some players rest

Mane - Origi - Shaq
    Gini - Naby (if ok) / lallana otherwise - Ox/Elliot
    Gomez - VVD - Matip - Trent
    Adrian

Mane, Gini, Ox and Trent should be ok to start as they have only played 1 full game or part of Last nights.

Maybe even Hoover or VDB could get a game. I know its Southampton, but there is no way we will have our first 11 at full fitness after last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Gotta say I'm a big fan of Henderson's trophy lifting technique:

I really really hope that this becomes a thing long term and in a few years people are on here complaining about it because he'll have done it so often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

giphy.gif

Lonergan looks embarrassed to be there in the back left.

That makes me more delighted for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

I though Fabinho was outstanding again last night covering every blade of grass i think we got a world class bargain in him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Needs loaning to PSG on the evidence from last night ;)

I though Fabinho was outstanding again last night covering every blade of grass i think we got a world class bargain in him.

Deserves massive respect for stepping up for a penalty after spending the previous 5 minutes on the ground with cramp too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Deserves massive respect for stepping up for a penalty after spending the previous 5 minutes on the ground with cramp too.

I can't remember such a technique before,I was like .. "all penalties should be taken like that"

I can't remember such a technique before,I was like .. "all penalties should be taken like that"

It was like a father taking a pen on his kid knowing the kid would never save just sweeping it into the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

It was like a father taking a pair of jumper cables to a child. He was ruthless.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's eventually our main penalty taker, made 19/20 in his Monaco career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

It was like a father taking a pair of jumper cables to a child. He was ruthless.

I don't know the kind of person you are but normal fathers do not do that kind of thing if that happened to you or you are doing that to your own son I think you should look for help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I don't know the kind of person you are but normal fathers do not do that kind of thing if that happened to you or you are doing that to your own son I think you should look for help.

Of all things to take serious on this thread,

Indeed.

wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Call the garda! or the HSE (actually don't call the HSE)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Even for the this thread, we're about to go down a dark and strange tangent.

Thought Fabinho was just ok last night.

Definitely agree with him being a world class player. He has been a fantastic signing.

• Advertisement

Maybe this thread is getting lost in translation.

Boards.ie should build in Grammarly for all users.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement