Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Is this for real?

Sky Sports News have tweeted it.

Our squad is extremely light in a number of areas and it will come back to haunt us this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Is this for real?

Its doing the rounds, might be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

FitzShane wrote: »
    Adrian is a doubt for the Saints game as he injured his ankle after a supporter ran on the field during the celebrations on Wednesday night.

Do we have any fit keeper now? Milner for GK?

Is this for real?

Yes klopp just said it in press conference.

I still remember Shane Long missing that header to go 2 nil up last season, kind of knew once he missed it that we would prevail on the night but it was rollicking game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Tusky wrote: »

Our squad is extremely light in a number of areas and it will come back to haunt us this year.

We are light in certain areas, but goalkeeping is not one of them (in terms of numbers anyway). When you're first 3 choice keepers are injured, there's not a lot of planning you can do. In fact, having Lonergan training with us for the last month or so was actually a smart move in hindsight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

How many sub goalkeepers is the right number of sub goalkeepers to have, d'you reckon?

We are light in certain areas, but goalkeeping is not one of them. When you're first 3 choice keepers are injured, there's not a lot of planning you can do. In fact, having Lonergan training with us for the last month or so was actually a smart move in hindsight.

Imagine going from Rochdale and being released from Middlesbrough to playing for the European Champions in the Prem... :D

Good luck lad, your willingness to come with us on pre season to help the keepers train means we will all give you a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1162304165281968128

Seriously. We really are the unbearables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Joyce reporting it also, Lonergan has to step up so... :/

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1162303314983358465?s=20

Fieldog wrote: »
    Joyce reporting it also, Lonergan has to step up so... :/

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1162303314983358465?s=20

I think we can all agree, said fan needs to be found, and shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

whoever that dipshit is who ran on to the pitch and jimmied our only goalie with functioning legs, should be banned for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The lad running on the field takes out a few players! (about 29 seconds in)

https://twitter.com/ReaazAhmed/status/1162305492741496832

Dont know why Joyce and Reddy are genuflected to for news when Klopp himself said it in a press conference? Anyway if it's a bruise then Adrian plays, with Lonergan ****ting bricks on the bench again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

FitzShane wrote: »
    The lad running on the field takes out a few players! (about 29 seconds in)

https://twitter.com/ReaazAhmed/status/1162305492741496832

Did he try hit Kelleher (blue bib?) there at the end as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was reading a good piece on why Liverpool seem to be playing and extra high line this season.

Basically it might be down to VAR that either VAR will catch the player offside and/or the Liverpool defence believe they are fast enough to catch a player who breaks the line anyway giving them two outs.

It's an interesting idea to be honest and I'm sure a lot teams are trying to work out how to benefit from VAR both defensively and attacking wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

I think thaat fan needs to be hooked up to jumper cables ;)

• Advertisement

Seeing it on video makes me even more annoyed.

Liverpool have ended talks with Roma as they can't/won't match the transfer fee the club want for Lovren according to Reddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Put Kelleher in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lord almighty you couldn't write this ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

I was reading a good piece on why Liverpool seem to be playing and extra high line this season.

Basically it might be down to VAR that either VAR will catch the player offside and/or the Liverpool defence believe they are fast enough to catch a player who breaks the line anyway giving them two outs.

It's an interesting idea to be honest and I'm sure a lot teams are trying to work out how to benefit from VAR both defensively and attacking wise.

that's my issue with offside rule,

VVD broke his back running back one chance on Wednesday, caught up with the player and cleared it but it was mile offside, because the flag doesn't go up now til the attack is finished he was annoyed he wasted his energy sprinting back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Luap wrote: »
    Put Kelleher in goal.
    He's just coming back from a wrist arm injury, i think he had an operation as well. He hasn't really had the full time to heal yet so is a massive risk.

Bodgan is a free agent resign him :)

Vorm is a free agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Klopp is going to use VAR in this way then you need a mobile keeper who can sweep up many balls over the top.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lord almighty you couldn't write this ****

Of course you could write it... If people can write scripts about dystopian futures in which life is in fact a simulation made by sentient machines in order to harness human’s heat & electricity as an energy source, they can probably write scripts about 3 goalkeepers being injured.

I'd say milner would do a job between the sticks for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Umaro wrote: »
    Seeing it on video makes me even more annoyed.

He slipped, not his fault, it's only Adrian, be worse if it was salah or mane or vvd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

He slipped, not his fault, it's only Adrian, be worse if it was salah or mane or vvd

He flew into a few players so it could easily have been.
    Keita is ruled out for tomorrow too, hopefully he's back soon and this season wont be like last season for him.

It is his fault though? He's not supposed to be there in the first place.

The most ridiculous reaction to this I could have imagined, how on earth is it not his fault? He did something illegal and something bad happened as a result of his stupidity, its completely his fault.

And only Adrian? You mean the only keeper in our entire team with a big of Prem experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

He clattered Gomez and Hendo too. They actually seemed worse than Adrian initially and were hobbling. Hopefully nothing serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

gibgodsman wrote: »
    The most ridiculous reaction to this I could have imagined, how on earth is it not his fault? He did something illegal and something bad happened as a result of his stupidity, its completely his fault.

And only Adrian? You mean the only keeper in our entire team with a big of Prem experience?

He slipped wasn't intentional, didn't mean to injure someone,
    Bets player in the Premier league or adrain, I know whos more import ant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Acosta

I know the coaches and players were probably thinking let's go nuts and it will help bring the keeper more into the fold and be good for his confidence. But considering they've just one the champions league, the celebrations were a bit over the top for the super cup. Probably made the decision easier for the guy about to run onto the pitch.

He slipped wasn't intentional, didn't mean to injure someone,
    Bets player in the Premier league or adrain, I know whos more import ant

So if I broke into your house and slipped and knocked you down the stairs and you broke your leg it wouldn't be my fault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Even if we made a bunch of massive signings this summer it's not like one of them was going to be a goalkeeper. You can't blame not buying players on the fact that our starting and backup goalkeepers are injured.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    So if I broke into your house and slipped and knocked you down the stairs and you broke your leg it wouldn't be my fault?

The idea that rushing onto a football pitch is the same as breaking into someone's home is a gargantuan stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Adrian is 7/4 with powers to start tomorrow with kelleher 5/4 surely Adrian is worth a bet to make it

And if it comes down to it I'd much rather play Kelleher, Lonergan came to this club with absolutely zero intentions of every playing a game of football, I'd imagine he's bricking himself at the news.

The idea that rushing onto a football pitch is the same as breaking into someone's home is a gargantuan stretch.

Well a fan shouldn't be on the pitch and I shouldn't be in his home. That's the point.

If that fan wasn't on the pitch he wouldn't have slipped and Adrian wouldn't be a doubt for tomorrow. It's the fans fault for injuring the player. No one else's.

Degsy stays

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1162332373645713408?s=20
    Liverpool end talks with AS Roma over the transfer of Dejan Lovren. Despite suggesting they would pay around £18 million, the Serie A club has failed to table an official proposal and instead used intermediaries to negotiate a small loan fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Didn't think Kellegher was fit, if Adrian can't play surely it'll be lonergan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Umaro wrote: »
    It is his fault though? He's not supposed to be there in the first place.

Yet plenty of other fans that get on the pitch at various time and celebrate with the team get described as legends. Either they're all dicks or none of them are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sounds like typical Italian BS. I'm happy he's staying as cover.

, Lonergan came to this club with absolutely zero intentions of every playing a game of football, I'd imagine he's bricking himself at the news.

He's been a professional footballer for 20 years. I'm sure he's grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

kelleher is back in training. Klopp said he knot 100% but could be in the combined to start grame.

"Caiomhin is a boy we are all excited about. He's now in training, but not 100 per cent yet. He has to be in training today, then we will see," added Klopp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

He's been a professional footballer for 20 years. I'm sure he's grand.

I foolishly searched his name on twitter and found this, hopefully we dominate possession

https://twitter.com/m11_lufc/status/1162309501640425474

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    I foolishly searched his name on twitter and found this, hopefully we dominate possession

He can also do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Them Italians would try to get anything on "try before you buy"

ERG89 wrote: »

Allison vs Leicester?

Every keeper has dodgy videos on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

He can also do this.

He's got some punt on him. Put Virgil up front with Mane and Salah looking for flick-ons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Kelleher over Lonergan all day every day of the week!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement