Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it might make mane etc think twice

You'll have someone in RM (Zidane?) telling him he's fantastic, will fit right in and they'll pay him a billion dollars for the privilege. Difficult to ignore. Like the Egyptian manager who said it would be great for Egypt if Salah played for RM, last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Salah is a charitable guy. The Madrid dollars would go a long way in donations.

Probably too much too hope we could knock Bayern and Coutinho out of the CL this year, just for the lolfactor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Beating Spurs twice would be better for laughing at Coutinho. Would also help those who are jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I dunno, can we not just beat everyone for the craic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Who would people go for to start today, Lonergan or Kelleher?

dogbert27 wrote: »

After much consideration I pick Adrian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hopefully it is Adrian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I dunno, can we not just beat everyone for the craic?

I can only assume based on our record so far that we're never going to lose a European knockout game again.

We couldn't quite hack finals for a while there but Klopp's cracked it now, so we're going to win all the rest of the CLs, until the world ends (in 2027).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Gbear wrote: »
    I can only assume based on our record so far that we're never going to lose a European knockout game again.

We couldn't quite hack finals for a while there but Klopp's cracked it now, so we're going to win all the rest of the CLs, until the world ends (in 2027).

Next step now is to win a final and actually play well

• Advertisement

Kelleher.

Adrian will no doubt be fit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Next step now is to win a final and actually play well

Once we win them I don't care how badly we play,finals are there to be won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Once we win them I don't care how badly we play,finals are there to be won

Oh I know that and I don't care how we play as long as we win either but it would be nice all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Liverpool on tv today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

It has to be Kelleher in order for the prophesy to come true - 'And lo, the titans of Anfield must have a son of Hibernia grace the team before the crown of champions can be bestowed on them'.

Lets face it, we can't expect to be a title winning team - we have a Scot at the back, we have a Scouse - so we need a Paddy, even if it is for just one day!

Adrian should be fit though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Liverpool on tv today?

3pm game on Premier Sports.

Gbear wrote: »

If we win 8 consecutive champions leagues plenty of people will be happy for the world to end

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If we win 8 consecutive champions leagues plenty of people will be happy for the world to end

I know I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Expecting a few changes today, especially in midfield. Think Lallana & Milner will start, with possibly Lallana playing as the 6 with Gini & Milner either side of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'd like to see Shaq get a game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    It has to be Kelleher in order for the prophesy to come true - 'And lo, the titans of Anfield must have a son of Hibernia grace the team before the crown of champions can be bestowed on them'.

Lets face it, we can't expect to be a title winning team - we have a Scot at the back, we have a Scouse - so we need a Paddy, even if it is for just one day!

You speak as if Andy Lonergan's 1 appearance for the Republic of Ireland Under 16s means absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Very interesting stat, an anagram of '' Liverpool Southampton'' is
    ''He Vomits Upon A Trollop'' , this could be key to winning today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What’s the best way to find out what UK and US channels are showing each premier league game? It’s always a struggle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

shamrock55 wrote: »
    The situation with leaving the offsides play out is wreck less, a defender breaking his neck to get back putting in a challenge that easily could injury himself or the striker, or a keeper running out and cleaning out a forward or defender lots of scenarios tbh and all for nothing

Only for tight calls no different to past few seasons were they left it until the stacker touched the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Tusky wrote: »
    What’s the best way to find out what UK and US channels are showing each premier league game? It’s always a struggle!

Bookmark this

https://liveonsat.com/quickindex.html

Shows what channel games are on world wide so you can plan your holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'd like to see Shaq get a game...

Yeah I think he'll start, not keen on dropping any of the front 3 though. Salah maybe.

That's good news. He's the best of a bad lot.

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah I think he'll start, not keen on dropping any of the front 3 though. Salah maybe.

Last season against Southampton we played a 4231 with Shaq playing alongside the front 3 lads, could see that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That was in the home game, against a Mark Hughes saints tho.

Did he start away? I can't remember tbh.

Think Mane & Firmino will start, with Lallana Gini & Milner. Between Salah, Origi & Shaq for the 11th spot I reckon.

After the Super cup exertions I'd take a 1 nil victory from a deflected kick out off the ref's arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Would take a 1 nil victory from a deflected kick out off the refs arse.

It wouldn't count. 😂

I'd take a 0-7 result. They're crap, need to put a marker down.

You speak as if Andy Lonergan's 1 appearance for the Republic of Ireland Under 16s means absolutely nothing.
    Ah, good catch sir!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

AdrianII wrote: »
    It wouldn't count. ��

Just like a deflected goal off a beach ball thrown on the field by your own fan shouldn't count against you! :)

x_hvS_Pa?format=jpg&name=900x900

Something like this I guess
    Adrian
    TAA-Matip-VVD-Robbo
    Gini
    Ox-Milner
    Salah-Firmino-Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Team in

Adrian
    TAA, Matip, VVD, Robbo
    Gini, Ox, Milly
    Salah, Bobby, Mane

Adrian starts - Liverpool: Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Lonergan, Fabinho, Gomez, Henderson, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi.

Giving Ox another start - hope that works for his confidence - needs a performance....

Could also be a 442 of sorts but I'm really hoping Ox is playing centrally and not out on the wing.

• Advertisement

Barcelona are bottom of the league. Lost their opening game, Coutinho didn't even make bench, Suarez hobbled off injured. Messi didn't even make game through injury and Neymar returns to training with PSG.
    The Coutinho deal is more about not paying Liverpool add ons more than anything else, instead they make money off of him loaning him to Bayern for a season.

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Adrian starts - Liverpool: Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Lonergan, Fabinho, Gomez, Henderson, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi.

Giving Ox another start - hope that works for his confidence - needs a performance....

I'd say it's more that Henderson and Fab played the 120 minutes the other night. We needed to freshen up midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not happy for OxCham to start this when Shaqiri and Lallana are on the bench (Fabby/Hendo probably need a rest after Chelsea)

Not happy for OxCham to start this when Shaqiri and Lallana are on the bench (Fabby/Hendo probably need a rest after Chelsea)

Ox motm performance incoming.

First time the front 3 are starting a game together this season too.

Ox starts.
    I'm sure we'll see better from him today. Did Klopp say he looks brilliant in training, he must be doing something right.

Harry Wilson starting for Bournemouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

I think it is important for his confidence to get Chamberlain back out on the pitch today. Being taken off at half time is never nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Good to see Ox start.

People say he needs game minutes so can't complain when he gets them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well now this will start to show us how good the depth of the squad really is.

Lovren left out of the squad completely.

Injury or mind not in the right space after his move fell through.

Publicity it will be reported as injury I'm sure.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement