Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tbf Adrian probably would’ve saved the ings chance.

But knocked it straight to a Southampton player in the 6 yard box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What a clown all he had to do was pass it left or right. I kind of like him though he's a bit mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Lads VVD has been muck this season so far. A game on the bench would maybe do him wonders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

nothing to do with the back pass he had lots of time on the ball could have played it out right with ease

I was worried he'd try to put foot on it and miss and it would roll into empty net, but something as bad happened. But still if you play it wide of goal it's not likely to end up in net with a deflection .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why is that player clutching his head?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lads VVD has been muck this season so far. A game on the bench would maybe do him wonders.

Matip & Gomez have been great too & all.

He was having a great game up to 5 mins ago I thought.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Matip & Gomez have been great too & all.

Neither are €75 players ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Irishmale looks for no strings reaction in the Dublin area.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    He was having a great game up to 5 mins ago I thought.

From what I have seen he looks like a player carrying a niggle or someone who took it easy in pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Crazy talk, not his usual crazy brilliant self I admit but muck? **** sake lad have a word with yourself

VVD is calmest guy out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Hendo with a magic pass. What a good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You cant legislate for that nonsense from Adrian.

Fúcking delighted with that win considering the exploits midweek.

All about the win.

On we go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Phew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A win is a win is a win. Great start to the season, onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

One game closer to having the best keeper in the world back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Phew.
    Cruising all 2nd half, until a moronic act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Grinded it out. Not at our best yet. Might just have to dig out points until we play ourselves into form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thank feck for that, break for the boys please, they look shattered...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

I think after 120 minutes midweek and an away game the following Saturday a win of any sorts would do and we got that. It was plain sailing second half untill Adrian's idiocy but sh!t happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Really should’ve been a clean sheet, but a win’s a win at this stage.

I dread the thought of Arsenal coming up against the high line we’re playing though, I hope it isn’t a permanent thing because they have a serious front line with bags of pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Just play Alison in goals and let A defender kick it out

Nice one. Delighted with that 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Still a good three points, I'll be watching for that error from under the duvet behind the sofa between my fingers on MOTD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

All about the win and 3 points at this stage. Would have been a comfortable 3 points only for Adrians mistake. Hope he learns from it but Alisson cant come back quick enough.

Fantastic win given they were playing till all hours in turkey Wednesday night.

Plenty of time for good performances to come, nice to see no change in mentality to last season, still grinding out wins.

Much better in 2nd half, tbf while a crazy decision by Adrian he actually had a good game today so wouldn't slate him too much
    We were extremely poor first half though, a wks rest is very welcome I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    How have youse gone so ****e at the back, and I mean in general so far this season!

“youse” is more offensive than shíte to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I was almost getting ready to praise Adrian for a good game too.

Absolutely brainless mistake, he was under no pressure at all, plenty of time, he didn't scuff the kick or slip or anything, the ball wasn't moving fast or bouncing, he straight up just kicked it right at Danny Ings.

Anyway we won, looked much better in the second half, Southampton had given up once Firmino scored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Anyone who complains overly about that has been brainwashed by the standards of Pep's Wall of Money, or have no perspective on just how far we've come in 3 years.

That is a champions' victory, and it would be described as such in any era other than City's 100 point a season era, where anything other than cakewalks against opposition outside the top 6 constitutes a crisis.

Insanely good week to be a Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SlickRic wrote: »
    You cant legislate for that nonsense from Adrian.

Fúcking delighted with that win considering the exploits midweek.

All about the win.

On we go.

We're not going to keep many clean sheets until Alisson comes back. There's no point people expecting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I was almost getting ready to praise Adrian for a good game too.

Absolutely brainless mistake, he was under no pressure at all, plenty of time, he didn't scuff the kick or slip or anything, the ball wasn't moving fast or bouncing, he straight up just kicked it right at Danny Ings.

Anyway we won, looked much better in the second half, Southampton had given up once Firmino scored.

Look, we got away with it, thats the main thing, lads are in a heap after the week we had, sometimes you just need a bit of luck and this team has learned how the close out difficult games like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Great pass from Adrian. Straight to Ings’ right foot. Didn’t even have to break stride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Great win.Very good 2nd half.

Atm we are playing in spells. Last season was similar although we were worse in attack & better in defence. Other way round this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Much better in 2nd half, tbf while a crazy decision by Adrian he actually had a good game today so wouldn't slate him too much
    We were extremely poor first half though, a wks rest is very welcome I'd say

Yeah, great reactions to make the save from Matip shortly before his mistake.

Remember that Allison showed equal dumbassery in his 2nd or 3rd game against Leicester last season. Obviously I'm not saying they're anyway equal in terms of talent but it's possible for anyone to make a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

NukaCola wrote: »
    All about the win and 3 points at this stage. Would have been a comfortable 3 points only for Adrians mistake. Hope he learns from it but Alisson cant come back quick enough.

At what stage is it not about the three points??😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

SlickRic wrote: »
    Anyone who complains overly about that has been brainwashed by the standards of Pep's Wall of Money, or have no perspective on just how far we've come in 3 years.

That is a champions' victory, and it would be described as such in any era other than City's 100 point a season era, where anything other than cakewalks against opposition outside the top 6 constitutes a crisis.

Insanely good week to be a Liverpool fan.

This isn't the time nor place for your common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Should have been a cruise only for the hapless Adrian.

Good in the 2nd half, abysmal in the first.

Oxlade came into the game well, he looked decent 2nd half.

Agree with an earlier post Salah is useless at free kicks, he shouldn't be taking them.

Good goal from Firmino to make up for the howler of a miss.

Mane, class as usual.

That Valery for Southampton had one of the worst performances I've seen, useless.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Really should’ve been a clean sheet, but a win’s a win at this stage.

I dread the thought of Arsenal coming up against the high line we’re playing though, I hope it isn’t a permanent thing because they have a serious front line with bags of pace.

They are absolutely powder puff at the back though still from what I saw against Burnley.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Yeah, great reactions to make the save from Matip shortly before his mistake.

Remember that Allison showed equal dumbassery in his 2nd or 3rd game against Leicester last season. Obviously I'm not saying they're anyway equal in terms of talent but it's possible for anyone to make a mistake.

Absolutely

TitianGerm wrote: »
    We're not going to keep many clean sheets until Alisson comes back. There's no point people expecting it.

Adrian was good until the brain fart. He'll have his wings clipped for that no question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,003 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Good result - but I guess it is how far we can get without too much damage till Allisson is back. Liverpool game is so about fast ball out and he can't do it. He can't even get the ball out quick for longer balls on break.

I'm never the optimistic type - but with our defense looking bad and out keeper a liability , hard few weeks ahead. We probably will drop points.

TAA losing ball too much , Robbo a little off his usual self , VVD ok, Matip doing very well.
    Gomez was hopeles the other night.

Let's hope spurs can get at least a point now

6 wrote: »
    Adrian was good until the brain fart.

A sentence I remember reading all too frequently from the days of Mignolet and Karius. As long as his brain farts aren't as frequent as those two's we'll be okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Adrian was good until the brain fart. He'll have his wings clipped for that no question.

Great saves,but he never ever looked comfortable with ball at feet which is worrying

Should fly off for a week in Marbella now, jk. Finally a good break, and a home game to look forward too next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What I mean is he's not as good as Alisson so he is going to concede more. In fairness to him he made some good saves today, Yoshida in the first half and Matip in the second.

A sentence I remember reading all too frequently from the days of Mignolet and Karius. As long as his brain farts aren't as frequent as those two's we'll be okay.

Ha, true!

A full week off between games should do the lads well, especially with the next one being at home, haven't had more than 4 days between games since the Charity Shield.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement