Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

eigrod wrote: »
    Great saves,but he never ever looked comfortable with ball at feet which is worrying

Yeah, taking an extra touch when no need for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Great 3 points. Really taugh that game could have been a loss.
    Weeks rest will do them well. Should be well match fit and energized for Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd still have Adrian over Mignolet, fundamentally he looks a very good keeper but he's got to learn how to deal with the pressure of been in the deep end. He will too he looks a strong character unlike mignolet. I'm satisfied with him as no. 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

TAA still a bit of a worry, sure he looked better in the second half as he was going forwards and under little pressure. Likewise Robbo to a lesser degree. It's as if they think they've made it rather than knowing they have a target on their back now. While Adrian received some passed from the CBs it feels like they are avoiding doing so if they can, even though it might mean playing a marginal pass forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

At what stage is it not about the three points??😂

:pac: true, I meant I wouldn't read much into the performance at this stage of the season....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

yvan eht nioj!

Hmmm for someone who say English isnt there language and needs to use app to translate grammar the understanding of the Simpsons reference is spot on.

source.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

TAA still a bit of a worry, sure he looked better in the second half as he was going forwards and under little pressure. Likewise Robbo to a lesser degree. It's as if they think they've made it rather than knowing they have a target on their back now. While Adrian received some passed from the CBs it feels like they are avoiding doing so if they can, even though it might mean playing a marginal pass forward.

Was fairly evident after the goal and we were keeping the ball to kill the game that going back to him wasn’t even an option. I’ve never been fully sold on the ball playing keeper, and think someone who plays with a football on a daily basis should have a good level of ball control and the ability to pass it around but not having Allison just highlights how much he actually brings to the team in that aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

All those people who can't look at the league table cos their heads have fallen off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

TAA still a bit of a worry, sure he looked better in the second half as he was going forwards and under little pressure. Likewise Robbo to a lesser degree. It's as if they think they've made it rather than knowing they have a target on their back now.

Dont get that impression at all, its a bit of a leap I think. Dont think their attitude is an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would have taken any win after Wednesday.

3 points. Full weeks rest.

Move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have a feeling the same things was been written this time last year about how we played and pretty sure the word toxic was used a lot last season by a poster or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,003 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Hmmm for someone who say English isnt there language and needs to use app to translate grammar the understanding of the Simpsons reference is spot on.

source.gif

Isn't their :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'll say it again Boards.ie needs to build in Grammarly then there would be no need for grammar nazis and it would help those out who struggle writing in a foreign language.

tumblr_o61ot074OK1sqek1po1_r1_640.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

City are on a different level than everyone else spurs can’t get out of their box here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

City are on a different level than everyone else spurs can’t get out of their box here

Where was var there ?

Hard to see anything other than an early City goal and Spurs spursing it in this match.

Unreal to watch - being realistic about it , they are at another level and seem to have improved and we are just hanging on at present.

Every attack is a goal chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

cjmc wrote: »
    Where was var there ?

Whoever is looking at that on VAR deserves sacking. As clear and obvious a penalty as you will see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

There's something very demoralising about watching City play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No one is catching them this season.

It’s like city have extra players they have such an aggressive press

If the third best team can't live with them :(

TitianGerm wrote: »
    No one is catching them this season.

Well let's not speak too soon :p

De Bruyne with a ‘Hendo special’ for the assist. Strange to see it not find an opposition defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone watching the game, you’ve just seen the difference between Ederson and Alisson. Starting position is crucial for a goalkeeper, as great as Ederson is at everything else.

• Advertisement

It’s like city have extra players they have such an aggressive press

Watching them - reminds you how much we have left that type of game behind (pool) - we look very slow versus them now.

Watching them - reminds you how much we have left that type of game behind (pool) - we look very slow versus them now.

Our second goal today came from us winning the ball on the edge of Southampton's box.

Our second goal today came from us winning the ball on the edge of Southampton's box.

Is part of our game alright - but you would want to see city here, unreal , like Klopp year 1 , but then they create a chance on goal - 7 so far in 30 mins.

All about if they can keep it up for full game. Home etc.

I have yet to see this winks lad play a decent match wouldn’t get near out side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Scary how easy City dissect defences

• Advertisement

This is football but not as we know it the wheel has been reinvented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I have yet to see this winks lad play a decent match wouldn’t get near out side

Same here, he's slightly overrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

rgace wrote: »
    I wonder if Salah is great at free kicks in training, I can't remember him ever hitting a good one.

Always seems to be a delicate clip that has no hope of beating the keeper.

Same with his corners, they often dont clear the first defender.

Sky Sports highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ejfv9YfYcc

The amount of times and goals city score from pull backs is actually crazy

Must be very demoralising though for city to play this once in a lifetime football in front of a soulless home crowd

Sterling another level now - but the difference a top De-Bruyne makes, is unreal.

That’s possibly the best 45 minutes of football I have seen from a side
    Spurs have probably got out of their halve 4/5 times at most it’s absolute domination from city how it’s only 2-1 is baffling

Any chance all the fawning over City could be done in the City thread or the general thread I prefer to read about Liverpool in here.

That’s possibly the best 45 minutes of football I have seen from a side
    Spurs have probably got out of their halve 4/5 times at most it’s absolute domination from city how it’s only 2-1 is baffling

Ah here, even I had something nice to say about City but this? 2-1 up and you're crowning it the best 45 minute performance you've ever seen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

QFT! I have no interest about City here or anywhere until Liverpool play them or they lose ;)

• Advertisement

Any chance all the fawning over City could be done in the City thread or the general thread I prefer to read about Liverpool in here.

Is the performance of our rival not relevant ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

City in beast mode so far, that's the standard we're dealing with.

Tricky road to go down, you were talking about grammar and The Simpsons earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I love our friends popping in when things are in the balance and then slinking away when we win again.
    City look great we really shouldn't have sold them their best player.
    Maybe Spurs are terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Spurs spent heavily over the summer and didn't lose anyone yet still only have one difference maker on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

In fairness, City weren't playing 120 mins until 12am in Turkey on Wednesday night, of course they are going to be fresh as fcuk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Spurs spent heavily over the summer and didn't lose anyone yet still only have one difference maker on the bench.

Lost Tripper and Son is suspended and Ali injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

City in beast mode so far, that's the standard we're dealing with.

And are drawing.... :-)

Best I think I have seen them play was the first half Vs us in Europe...where they ended up losing

Tricky road to go down, you were talking about grammar and The Simpsons earlier.

Forgive me please! I only just got the memo that every post must be cleared by you since you are the Godfather of the thread and its moral compass.

• Advertisement

Forgive me please! I only just got the memo that every post must be cleared by you since you are the Godfather of the thread and its moral compass.

Strange post considering you're telling people they can't post about City.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement