Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    It wasn't used for that purpose there. Yeah diving and all the other bolloxology that goes on yes. Bring it on... But for me, as much as I like to see City drop points, that was ridiculous.
    Yes I guess that's the new rules. But...if it's not intentional leave it be

It was foul and the VAR rightly rescinded the goal. End of paragraph.

That's all I got to say about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hit his hand didn't it? That's handball.
    ebbsy wrote: »
    Balls direction was changed by hand, and that is a foul in the laws of the game.
    The confusing thing is that if there was no goal, it's not a foul.

The rules still aren't as clear cut as 'hits your hand, handball'. Intent still plays a part everywhere else on the pitch if the ball hits your hand without it being intentional, it's not a foul.

But there's an added caveat that even unintentional ball-to-hands are a foul if the ball goes into the goal afterwards.

Then for the other side of the pitch, for giving pens, it's anyone's guess. Seems like it differs competition by competition - some punish any touch of the hand, others only punish intentional movements of the hand to the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

martyos121 wrote: »
    It’s in our hands now. 36 wins and we’ve done it, anything less and we’ve bottled it.

The sad thing is you joke but could actually be correct- that's what winning the league against this city team might take!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

So if there is a handball leading to a goal it's disallowed. Fair enough, but I'd it was a defender who mad the same contact would it be a penalty?

davidm20 wrote: »
    So if there is a handball leading to a goal it's disallowed. Fair enough, but I'd it was a defender who mad the same contact would it be a penalty?

Yes. End of post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Its only 36 wins. Doable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

davidm20 wrote: »

No. Defensive handballs are still 'in the opinion of the officials' decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Did Pep seriously just use his post-game interview to complain about Adrian coming off his line to save Abraham's penalty on Wednesday night?

If ball hits hand and deflects out of the reach of attacker. It is penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Did Pep seriously just use his post-game interview to complain about Adrian coming off his line to save Abraham's penalty on Wednesday night?

YES HE DID!!

He complained about us winning against Chelsea, the man is obsessed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He did.

He went full Tin Foil Hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

With his carry on, they'll be so fired up by the time they come to face us then so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

His obsession with us would put some on here to shame. I actually love the guy as a manager and often as a person, but something about Liverpool gets him so rattled.

Can I just say Bobby Firmino is the Fcuking Man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's in our hands.

36 more wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Can I just say Bobby Firmino is the Fcuking Man!

Yes you can and you would be 100% correct.

Just saw the Pep interview.

Treble winner, best in the world, and he's losing his mind because of us.

I can only put it down to the fact the world took a lot more notice of our CL victory than his team's Treble, and he just can't handle it.

remember, he's used to being beloved, revered, and almost unquestioned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's in our hands.

36 more wins.

34 plus 2 draws vs City...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

yes, but in fairness I can understand it... I think he was just pointing out the inconsistency of the checks. He pointed out the keeper not being on the line which wasn't checked, but also pointed out the handball that could have been a penalty for us which was also not checked.

Love Klopp
    "I said to Adrián, Well done . Ali did the same. It’s a goalie thing to do at Liverpool."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Klopp seems to be living rent free in Peps head for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

In the past you’d be worried about Liverpool getting this slight advantage and then not doing the business against a smaller team next week so hopefully with this team and manager we’ve moved past that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Week 2 and we're already in the chokezone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ox has shown in the last 2 games some very promising moments.

Great through ball to Salah vs Chelsea & today vs Southampton. Excellent tracking of Redmond in the 1st half today showing great mobility. Very good in the 2nd half as well clearly growing in confidence.

He is doing well considering he tore every ligament in his knee & even his hamstring too. Stays fit & he really will be like a new signing.

Two nice goals:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Some really beautiful chances created today:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Adrian's great save (...call me critical but I still think he should be coming out to claim that with a catch or punch first time, it's well inside the 6 yard box :o ):

giphy.gif

Andy's been spending some time with Firmino it seems:

giphy.gif

van Dijk is way too cool:

giphy.gif

Ox with the perfect defensive coverage:

giphy.gif

Salah's two really nice back heels:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Two nice goals:

Cheers. Love these gif summaries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I only just remembered to have a gander at Blue moon-some extra tasty schadenfreude to be had from there tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Ox with the perfect defensive coverage:

giphy.gif
    Seeing that got me thinking that he could become the more attack minded stand-in for the fullback role in place of Henderson.

Talisman wrote: »
    Seeing that got me thinking that he could become the more attack minded stand-in for the fullback role in place of Henderson.

Yeah as long as he's playing in midfield and not on the wing he can be nice cover for Trent when he gets caught up the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Talisman wrote: »

Is it just my imagination or did he actually start a game there last season? Can’t remember which one, but I have a vague feeling he didn’t shine there.

• Advertisement

Ox is a vital squad member.

His directness from central positions takes a pace, strength and bravery that few have. It scared and hurt City the season before last.

Is it just my imagination or did he actually start a game there last season? Can’t remember which one, but I have a vague feeling he didn’t shine there.

He definitely played games as a wingback for Arsenal, it was his post-game interview after a game at left back that he said he wants to move into midfield and be the next Stevie G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Henderson played as the right back in the game against Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

.G. wrote: »
    Its impossible to judge intention so the rule as it is now is the most sensible option.
    Yep but my point is it's nonsense.
    We love the game, millions love the game. Stop introducing these new rules just to try appease the twitter fools.
    We all have played/play the game, sometimes the ball hits you..not fair to call handball in every situation.
    One day a major trophy will hinge on this...i hope it's not us on the receiving end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im delighted City dropped points today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I was worried he'd try to put foot on it and miss and it would roll into empty net, but something as bad happened. But still if you play it wide of goal it's not likely to end up in net with a deflection .

What were you actually on about here? If he plays it wide of the goal and the keeper puts his foot on it, smashes it off the striker and into the net is different to what happened, how?

If Adrian received ball wide of goal then it's most likely that when Adrian played his clearance on to Ings foot that the ball would have went wide, not into the goal. Anyway we won, doesn't matter now.

If Adrian received ball wide of goal then it's most likely that when Adrian played his clearance on to Ings foot that the ball would have went wide, not into the goal. Anyway we won, doesn't matter now.

It wouldn't though. The reason you play a backpass wide of the goal goes back to the old days of **** pitches and the chance of the ball bobbling when the keeper swung at it and dribbling into the net (think Gary Neville's OG for England a number of years back). There's no issue playing a backpass like VVD did on target. Adrian is (presumably) right-footed so playing it wide of the goal on the near side would have made it more difficult for him as he either has to play it left footed or take a touch to get it back on his right foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Its early in the season and thats all that counts.

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    It wouldn't though. The reason you play a backpass wide of the goal goes back to the old days of **** pitches and the chance of the ball bobbling when the keeper swung at it and dribbling into the net (think Gary Neville's OG for England a number of years back). There's no issue playing a backpass like VVD did on target. Adrian is (presumably) right-footed so playing it wide of the goal on the near side would have made it more difficult for him as he either has to play it left footed or take a touch to get it back on his right foot.

I hate pass the buck football, and VVD should have just dealt with it. Might as well clear it yourself. Klopp said as much after game, '' why are defenders playing it back to Adrain who has a swollen ankle and can't kick'' makes no sense. I get your point though.

Absolutely nothing wrong with VVD's pass, Ings isn't even in the box when Adrian receives the ball he had all the time in the world.

Screenshot-2019-08-18-at-00-01-48.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I hate pass the buck football, and VVD should have just dealt with it. Might as well clear it yourself. Klopp said as much after game, '' why are defenders playing it back to Adrain who has a swollen ankle and can't kick'' makes no sense. I get your point though.

If his ankle is that bad why was he picked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Adrian was being cocky, trying to play the more difficult pass. You can’t really blame him for how his last 2 weeks have gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

fullstop wrote: »

Vvd backpass wasn't on target. He played to Adrian whose position was centre of the goal. If Adrian missed it it would have went wide. If Adrian was standing wide of the goal I'm sure VVD would have passed it there.

The surprising thing here is people taking the VVD thing seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

So what was he doing on the pitch if he wasn't fit to kick a ball?

joe_99 wrote: »
    Vvd backpass wasn't on target. He played to Adrian whose position was centre of the goal. If Adrian missed it it would have went wide. If Adrian was standing wide of the goal I'm sure VVD would have passed it there.

I’m not the one arguing he should have played it wide of the goal. There was no issue with the pas either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The surprising thing here is people taking the VVD thing seriously.

He's no Harry Maguire

gimli2112 wrote: »
    He's no Harry Maguire

There’s only one Harry Maguire. And he wouldn’t even get in ahead of Nervol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Turtyturd wrote: »
    There’s only one Harry Maguire. And he wouldn’t even get in ahead of Nervol.

Hilarious. That spelling always gets me.

Spelling his name backwards, so creative. Bound to generate at least 1-2 likes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement