Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Talisman wrote: »
    Just been looking at the offsides.
    2 : 11 vs Chelsea

Those numbers certainly suggest it's an acceptable risk - the approach is killing a significant number of attacks in each game.

Giroud was about 10 of those!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We're also currently on the second longest unbeaten home run in PL history with 41 games in a row, still nowhere near Chelsea's record of 86 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

These jinx statistics have got to stop. The Sky Sports banner kept spouting them out on Saturday. Southampton haven't beaten Liverpool in 11 games, Liverpool have scored x amount of goals conceding y in the past 5 meetings, Liverpool haven't lost an away game since XXXXXX.............

It's like the old one that we never lost when Rush scored and then we did. Fortunately it was nothing important just a League Cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Dickerty wrote: »
    Giroud was about 10 of those!
    That may be so but it doesn't really affect the ratio.

Liverpool vs opposition (Man City, Norwich, Southampton) offsides : 2 v 12 -> 1:6

We're catching the opposition out 6 times more than we ourselves are being caught offside. How long this will continue to be an effective strategy is unknown because sooner or later other teams will begin to adopt the strategy.

EDIT: For comparison here are the offside stats for the first 5 games last season, there's a massive difference.
    5 v 3 (West Ham)
    2 v 2 (Crystal Palace)
    1 v 3 (Brighton)
    2 v 3 (Leicester)
    2 v 3 (Tottenham)
    2.4 v 2.8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

It's a big un . Klopp would hold record for straight wins in the league also, joint now at 11 wins with Rafa. Even though this is across two seasons.

Did Rafa do 11? I know Rodgers did. While 12 is the all time record :eek:

Klopp is the quickest Liverpool manager in history to reach 300 points. He's done it in 146 games. Took Kenny 150 to do it in the 80s. (I presume that is adjusted for the 80s games to be based on 3pts, but I read it on the LFC website). Edit: It's obviously adjusted or else it would mean that Kenny won his first 150 games :D

Also the first time we've won our opening 2 games in consecutive seasons since 1993-94 and 1994-95 :confused:
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    These jinx statistics have got to stop. The Sky Sports banner kept spouting them out on Saturday. Southampton haven't beaten Liverpool in 11 games, Liverpool have scored x amount of goals conceding y in the past 5 meetings, Liverpool haven't lost an away game since XXXXXX.............

It's like the old one that we never lost when Rush scored and then we did. Fortunately it was nothing important just a League Cup final.

Are these stats ok? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

U23's are playing Chelsea at 7pm - water based viewing options are out there - Harvey Elliott, Rhian Brewster, Curtis Jones and Yasser Larouci all starting, so worth a watch.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned, but Gruijc got a goal for Hertha away to Bayern to put them in front and ultimately got a draw on the first day of the season - fair fcuks to him...

Edit: Hoever, Kelleher and VDB starting too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    U23's are playing Chelsea at 7pm - water based viewing options are out there - Harvey Elliott, Rhian Brewster, Curtis Jones and Yasser Larouci all starting, so worth a watch.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned, but Gruijc got a goal for Hertha away to Bayern to put them in front and ultimately got a draw on the first day of the season - fair fcuks to him...

He also gave away the penalty that cost them the win so maybe not fair fcuks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He also gave away the penalty that cost them the win so maybe not fair fcuks ;)

It was a fair fcuk up, to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The offside trap we’re playing reminds me of how we defended free kicks last season. Pundits went on and on about it talking about how we’d be caught out, and every match had numerous posts on here talking about how we ‘got lucky’ multiple times in each game by catching teams offside. Luck has little to do with it, we either catch them off or we don’t and the first mistake will be followed by ‘I told you so’ comments ignoring the 99 times it worked previously. If we implement this as well as the free kick defending there will be nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement

Seeing pundits say a team got lucky every single time they successfully play an offside trap is so grating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Seeing pundits say a team got lucky every single time they successfully play an offside trap is so grating
    In the time of Benitez it was zonal marking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Chelsea are playing Rudiger! Cheats. Booooo.

and Michy Batshuayi. Taking the piss

Kelleher came too soon or too late. Terrible decision. Chelsea well on top. Liverpool playing at half speed for much of this.

Kelleher came too soon or too late. Terrible decision. Chelsea well on top. Liverpool playing at half speed for much of this.
    Too late - shame, he's had a few decent saves

And still some people will call for him to start against Arsenal.

• Advertisement

I hate the LFC commentator, only a bit above Press TV level. Anyway Chelsea are at home, are playing two proper first teamers and as ever have a rake of really promising future starts of the Bundesliga playing.

But Liverpool have two Champions League winners playing so that cancels out Chelsea's first teamers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

And still some people will call for him to start against Arsenal.

OK, Caught the last few minutes of the half an saw the howler. :eek:
    How's his distribution been? :pac:

Wolves have stolen our Bobby song. :mad:

/closes stream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »
    Wolves have stolen our Bobby song. :mad:

Seems to be all the rage. Both City and Spurs had Allez , Allez, Allez chants the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The offside trap we’re playing reminds me of how we defended free kicks last season. Pundits went on and on about it talking about how we’d be caught out, and every match had numerous posts on here talking about how we ‘got lucky’ multiple times in each game by catching teams offside. Luck has little to do with it, we either catch them off or we don’t and the first mistake will be followed by ‘I told you so’ comments ignoring the 99 times it worked previously. If we implement this as well as the free kick defending there will be nothing to worry about.

I think we literally didn't concede from a single free kick when we did that.

It showed incredible discipline.

Wouldn't stop me ****ting it every time we did it, mind you. :P

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Seems to be all the rage. Both City and Spurs had Allez , Allez, Allez chants the other day.

I don’t mind them stealing the tune like we’ve done from other clubs for our songs, but they’ve literally stolen the whole thing and changed maybe three or four words.

The Worst Fans in the World™️ have some competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Gbear wrote: »
    I think we literally didn't concede from a single free kick when we did that.

It showed incredible discipline.

Wouldn't stop me ****ting it every time we did it, mind you. :P

I seem to remember West Ham caused us a lot of problems from set pieces in the away match but in general it worked superbly.

Brewster coming off after 60 struggled badly and showing he is nowhere near ready for senior football yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

/closes stream

I noticed in an other thread that someone was carded for asking about getting a PM for a little river.

That's a bit much if you ask me. I thought private messages were actually private, I guess not.

Rudiger with a red card tackle on Elliott and of course the ref doesn't give anything.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I noticed in an other thread that someone was carded for asking about getting a PM for a little river.

That's a bit much if you ask me. I thought private messages were actually private, I guess not.

PM's are visible to mods. They'll get us if they want to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Brewster coming off after 60 struggled badly and showing he is nowhere near ready for senior football yet.

Klopp is so good at judging when players are ready.

That game seems to be showing why he hasn't been in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    VAR - will catch the offsides because there is no wiggle room.

and

Our centre halves/full backs can cover ground pretty quickly, and our keeper reads the game.

I think they outweigh the risks and we compress at the other end.

Just on Sky now. 5 major VAR reviews thus far in the PL. 4 have ruled out "goals" which would otherwise have been given.

Playing a high offside line under VAR is much more likely to produce a positive result for the defending team than the attacking team who previously may have gotten away with being marginally offside.

Add that advantage to a seriously quick back line and confident sweeper keeper and you have a system which has been adapted to maximise VAR.

In Klopp we trust!!

• Advertisement

PM's are visible to mods.

They're not to regular mods. They're probably accessible to admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

MD1990 wrote: »
    Klopp is so good at judging when players are ready.

That game seems to be showing why he hasn't been in the squad.

Our clutch of young defenders & Kelleher played tonight too, I doubt they impressed much either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

It's hard to not like that Wolves team

Makes the mathematics of what a win on Saturday will mean very easy. Sweet strike from Neves:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

3 games , 3 wins, European Trophy, 6 Points , rivals drop points and top of the league.

Been a very good 10 days for the club despite all the high line worries of some.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Above us only sky.

murpho999 wrote: »
    3 games , 3 wins, European Trophy, 6 Points , rivals drop points and top of the league.

Been a very good 10 days for the club despite all the high line worries of some.

Yeah but we lost the second half against Norwich.

I haven't been able to sleep since that humiliation.

Lost the first half against Chelsea, so none of it matters.

• Advertisement

Owl. wrote: »
    I haven't been able to sleep since that humiliation.

Up there with Athens and Kiev for me. Got an effigy of Pukki burning in the front garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I guess this penalty taker nonsense will dominate the punditry for the next week replacing klopps high line

Thank **** we have Klopp lads, that's all I can say. Watching Solskaar being interviewed reminds me of Hodgson at Liverpool. A weak manager who's out of his depth.

6 wrote: »
    Thank **** we have Klopp lads, that's all I can say. Watching Solskaar being interviewed reminds me of Hodgson at Liverpool. A weak manager who's out of his depth.

Agreed, can't even appoint a penalty taker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Damien360

Lampard at Chelsea is worse. I listen to the bbc football daily podcasts and Frank can do no wrong. Ex-England star doing great things. He at least got Derby to the playoffs so has some experience.

Ole on the other hand has a host of ex-Utd footballers all over the bbc and sky. He also can do no wrong. Utd is too big of a club for Ole to steer. Much too early in his career.

Both will be given more time than should be afforded them.

Damien360 wrote: »

Hopefully.

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »
    Lampard at Chelsea is worse. I listen to the bbc football daily podcasts and Frank can do no wrong. Ex-England star doing great things. He at least got Derby to the playoffs so has some experience.

Ole on the other hand has a host of ex-Utd footballers all over the bbc and sky. He also can do no wrong. Utd is too big of a club for Ole to steer. Much too early in his career.

Chelsea are fairly cut throat with managers. A bad run and he's gone sharpish imo.

Nice to be on the other side looking in at Monday Meltdowns. Had too many to mention here over the years!

martyos121 wrote: »
    Got an effigy of Pukki burning in the front garden.

I've done worse...I put him in my Fantasy Football team so that's pretty much the end of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Nice to be on the other side looking in at Monday Meltdowns. Had too many to mention here over the years!

Its wonderful reading to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

PM's are visible to mods. They'll get us if they want to!

No they are not.

What about Cat Mods? Or is it only admins in our folders?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement