Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When was last time we lost a game in the League at Anfield, must be 2016 season, it's a long time ago. We're due a defeat, that's for sure.

Klopp has lost 4 league games at Anfield since he became manager.

Palace in 2015 & 2017

Man U in 2016

Swansea in 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Palace in 2015 & 2017

Man U in 2016

Swansea in 2017

But it was the 2016/17 season right? The last defeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Nearly every post you make has to be getting a dig in at another club, you managed a 2 for 1 special here with Utd and Chelsea, it's not bad going, other days it's Arsenal or Spurs and seemingly Aston Villa lately.

It's petty, pointless stuff tbh but I dare not say it has no place in this Liverpool thread as I still have not managed to compile a list of stuff appropriate for in here yet as I will no doubt be asked to produce.

And nearly every post if actually not all your posts you make is about that poster and the other posters Coulson and martyos121 you come across like you have a very personal issue or something with them it seems very unhealthy whichever it is.

Careful now or you will be added to the list.:pac::pac::pac::p

But it was the 2016/17 season right? The last defeat.

Yes the 2016/17 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Honestly think he'll be brilliant with them. Didn't work out at Barca, but they also played basically exactly against his strengths. His best performances come in a team that runs, where people are actively makes moves into space for him. Messi, for all his qualities, isn't the biggest runner/worker in the world, and Suarez has lost his pace. None of their midfielders are the sort with the legs to make runs either. Dembele would have suited him to play with, but it was usually an either/or with who played between them. He'd have suited Griezmann and De Jong too I think, but, now we'll never know.

He's not a top top tier player (the Ronaldo, Messi, MBappe tier), but in the right structure, he elevates a whole team. Reealllyyy hope Barca come up against Bayern in the knockouts and gone done by them, just to give them a further kick in the nads.

Klopp clearly feels some affection for Coutinho still. If Bayern do play him in correct position he'll Shirley Shine like he did for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

When was last time we lost a game in the League at Anfield, must be 2016 season, it's a long time ago. We're due a defeat, that's for sure.

I actually can't remember it may have been before I was born

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Boards will be absolutely lit up when we next lose... and if it happens at Anfield I think it will crash altogether, as some posters have gone so cold turkey waiting for a league defeat. I remember the delight some people had when we lost at the Etihad last season - you'd think we'd been humped 0-3 at home by Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Boards will be absolutely lit up when we next lose... and if it happens at Anfield I think it will crash altogether, as some posters have gone so cold turkey waiting for a league defeat. I remember the delight some people had when we lost at the Etihad last season - you'd think we'd been humped 0-3 at home by Fulham.

I’d say there’s some still fairly embarrassed after blowing their load following the first leg against Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I think our last home loss was against Swansea in Jan 2017,its the only time I've ever been at a home loss, strange feeling it was too

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Palace in 2015 & 2017

Man U in 2016

Swansea in 2017

I've been to 5 Liverpool games in Anfield in total.
    Have never seen us play Man Utd but I was at the other 3 games mentioned. Banned myself from going to any matches in 17/18 season. I did however go to the Spurs match in March with someone who has never seen them lose and it worked out well enough.....barely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Last home PL loss was April 2017 against Palace and Benteke

Our last home defeat in the league was April 2017 against Palace. Lost 2-1. Benteke got their two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Anyone know when Liverpool last lost at home? And who against?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I’d say there’s some still fairly embarrassed after blowing their load following the first leg against Barca.

Re-reading that 1st leg match thread is good for the soul. So many lads had to wind their necks in a week later.

Also home to this cracker:
    Sure its just a 3 goal deficit

Once you stop Barcelona scoring at anfield and score 4 goals you will walk into the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have some United supporting friends who absolutely lost it that night. I counted the tweets/retweets etc one of them had that night alone - 75! 75 all saying how Klopp is a bottler etc and the same ilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Umaro wrote: »
    Re-reading that 1st leg match thread is good for the soul. So many lads had to wind their necks in a week later.

In fairness he was right. Hope he had a few bob on us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Umaro wrote: »

Well, I'll hold my hand up and own to the fact that I was well pissed after that match - not throwing toys out of the pram pissed but annoyed that we seemed to be knocking on the door without getting over the line. I think that I was more annoyed by the fact that we'd actually played well and seemed to be out of it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote: »
    In fairness he was right. Hope he had a few bob on us.

That ol glass half full when it ain't going my way so pretend I'm benefiting from it chestnut.
    redzerdrog wrote: »
    Anyone know when Liverpool last lost at home? And who against?

Chelsea last season. In the league it was Palace in April 2017.

Liverpool last lost at home in the league to Palace in April 2017 - just putting it out there.

Just as an aside, does anyone know when Liverpool last lost at home in the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Why people be embarres for making post? Life too short, forum and foorball is just for fun, to distract from everyday life. You take forum too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Someone sure is taking this all too seriously but I don't think it's the turdster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Blanco100 wrote: »
    And does anyone have the link where you can sign up for half price

theathletic.com/ukfootball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great shout on the Athletic, it's full of quality articles already and a great use of work time. :)

Didn't realise until I subbed that it's exactly what I wanted from a sports site, it covers a lot of bases and the depth and knowledge of the writers there is top notch.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    .the lads that set up another account............a jilted lover.

So obvious and so so sad.

KerryGunner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Liverpool pushing ahead with plans to redevlop Anfield Road stand take capacity above 60k: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/361704-liverpool-fc-statement-anfield-road-stand-redevelopment

martyos121 wrote: »
    Great shout on the Athletic, it's full of quality articles already and a great use of work time. :)

Didn't realise until I subbed that it's exactly what I wanted from a sports site, it covers a lot of bases and the depth and knowledge of the writers there is top notch.

The Athletic really separates the in the knows, from the ignorant and the trolls. I think there should be an Athletic subs only thread, so we can discuss sport in an infromed and reasonable manner. The plebs can wait outside. Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

brevity wrote: »

If ever you needed a reminder that we're currently living in what will eventually be known as the good old days then this is it.

The good ole days. It Belle Époque of the modern football era for Liverpool, long may we reign! Drink it in and let it soak through your pores like pure holy liquid joy blessed by Shankly himself.

POT 2 is strong this season in CL,
    Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar Donetsk, Ajax and Benfica Spurs .

POT 3
    Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen, Salzburg, Olympiacos, Club Brugge, Valencia, Inter Milan, Dinamo Zagreb

POT 4
    Galatasaray ,RB Leipzig, Lokomotiv Moscow, Young Boys/Red Star Belgrade, Genk, Slavia Prague, Atalanta and Lille

So could be
    Liverpool
    Real Madrid
    Inter Milan
    Galatasaray

POT 2 is strong this season in CL,
    Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar Donetsk, Ajax and Benfica Spurs .

POT 3
    Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen, Salzburg, Olympiacos, Club Brugge, Valencia, Inter Milan, Dinamo Zagreb

POT 4
    Galatasaray ,RB Leipzig, Lokomotiv Moscow, Young Boys/Red Star Belgrade, Genk, Slavia Prague, Atalanta and Lille

So could be
    Liverpool
    Real Madrid
    Inter Milan
    Galatasaray

I'm more of a glass half full guy :)

Liverpool
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Club Brugge
    Atalanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The Athletic really separates the in the knows, from the ignorant and the trolls. I think there should be an Athletic subs only thread, so we can discuss sport in an infromed and reasonable manner. The plebs can wait outside. Ha!

a grammarly clique

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Augeo wrote: »
    KerryGunner?

Is kerrygooney still knocking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

In my heart, he is.

Fare well Kerri, you mad bastard.

57d74f91c1edd014108132.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Yep, I'm here. Took a break for a few months and came back with a new account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Tusky wrote: »
    Liverpool pushing ahead with plans to redevlop Anfield Road stand take capacity above 60k: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/361704-liverpool-fc-statement-anfield-road-stand-redevelopment

Wonder if that was the reason behind the lack of transfer activity this summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Owl. wrote: »
    Yep, I'm here. Took a break for a few months and came back with a new account.

giphy.gif

a grammarly clique

*A Grammarly clique.

Your welcome.

*A Grammarly clique.

Your welcome.

*You're welcome.

You're welcome.

Whoosh.

Is Owl. the person that the Charlie19 poster say is make a new account and is pathetic or words to that effect?

Whoosh.

I was in the joke from the very beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm so lost, can someone clue me in to what's going on in the secret totally really and extremely cool clique group chat we have?

The only no-longer-with-us username I can half remember is that Caovyn something lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm so lost, can someone clue me in to what's going on in the secret totally really and extremely cool clique group chat we have?

The only no-longer-with-us username I can half remember is that Caovyn something lad.

Mod note:

Discussion of possible re-reg's is against the charter/attack the post not the poster etc...

monkey9 wrote: »
    As far as I can see, and I don’t really come on here as much anymore so I could be wrong, but Potential Underachiever is still banging on about cliques that caused his meltdown in the first place, the Good Ole Boys seems to be one of the Man U posters from the other thread under a different account and T_Hanks is T_Hanking all his posts because Fred The Red was accused of thanking all the trolling posts which is what Mick used to do as well.

Bye.

I am knot an united poster. I could say you is Елена Темникова and it knot true. I cannot help if people tank my post.

Ah jaysus lads , this thread has turned into a basket case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

monkey9 wrote: »
    As far as I can see, and I don’t really come on here as much anymore so I could be wrong, but Potential Underachiever is still banging on about cliques that caused his meltdown in the first place, the Good Ole Boys seems to be one of the Man U posters from the other thread under a different account and T_Hanks is T_Hanking all his posts because Fred The Red was accused of thanking all the trolling posts which is what Mick used to do as well.

Bye.

What did I do to deserve this lovely shout out? Sound of you, show me some posts to back up your point about me talking about cliques. I've had 4 posts in this thread in the last week and this is the bs you're leveling at me, 'bleep' off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement