Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Naby needs to sort himself out, this will end up as 2 injury hit seasons back to back and I honestly don't know how long Klopp will be willing to let it continue.

Great player on his day, but 2 games every 6 available is not good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Naby needs to sort himself out, this will end up as 2 injury hit seasons back to back and I honestly don't know how long Klopp will be willing to let it continue.

Great player on his day, but 2 games every 6 available is not good enough

He was happy to let it continue for nearly 4 seasons with Sturridge and he seems happy to let it continue with Lallana and Lovren's constant injuries now for 4 seasons.

Klopp seems a patient man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Klopp will be very patient with him, apparently a player he had to have and that's illustrated by the fact we signed him for a then club record fee and left him stay another season at RBL.

He's only 24 aswell so plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Muahahaha wrote: »
    For the weekend thats in it, Fowlers 4 minute hat trick v Arsenal

Ian Rush was on the pitch too in the twilight of a glittering career with 346 goals scored in red. I always wondered what Rushie was thinking watching a teenage Fowler score a hat trick against that Arsenal defence in 4 minutes. He must have been like holy fcuk, we're witnessing the second coming of God.

That was my first ever trip to Anfield. Game dragged a bit after our early burst 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I’d imagine Klopp will have a word with his back and hamstrings and explain to them to cop themselves on, he’s not willing to let it continue and that’ll be the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

________Adrian_____

______Gomez_VVD____

Trent____________Robertson

________Fabinho___________

____Hender____Gini_________

_______FirmBooby__________
    Salah______________Mane___

Kill em that way.

Can't see Ox starting again, but should come on once we're 4 ahead.

Rafa on Torres

Good luck Fernando

Today marks the retirement of Fernando Torres, the player they call ‘El Niño’.

Moments like this are made for reflection and I remember the summer of 2007, when I was manager of Liverpool and we decided to invest in bringing Fernando to Anfield.

The hiring process was an example of how to do things, both from the perspective of Atletico Madrid and Liverpool. I had travelled to Madrid when an agreement was close and nobody knew about it and when everything was finalised, Fernando came back to Merseyside, waiting a couple of days to make it official, without the news breaking anywhere. With all the leaks that exist, it is a difficult thing to do these days.

Anyway, as they say in England, Fernando was a big step in the right direction for Liverpool. His speed and movement, together with the rapport he forged with Steven Gerrard, were lethal to Premier League defences, who were less tactically drilled than their Spanish counterparts. His first goal at Anfield, against Chelsea, was an example of that; defenders could not stop him.

When we won 4-1 at Old Trafford the following season, Fernando scored once, but he also shattered Manchester United’s entire defensive system. Nemanja Vidic, who was sent off that day, could not deal with him. There would be many other victories like that.

Later, I met up again with El Niño at Chelsea, in a difficult season for them and for him. Roman Abramovich had signed Fernando with huge enthusiasm, but it hadn’t worked, and the owner thought that my relationship with him could re-energise his favourite player and his team.

In that regard, everything went perfectly. Fernando came to the fore in the Europa League, scoring many goals on our way to lifting the trophy and contributing to our third-place finish in the Premier League, which had been the club’s target when I arrived.

For lovers of statistics, in the seasons we worked together (2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10 and 2012-13), Fernando scored 33, 17, 22 and 22 goals, which includes his three most productive campaigns. In other words, we didn’t do too badly together

Time gives you perspective on things and I am sure that when Fernando looks back he will remember those days with love and affection. As one of his coaches, I hope I helped him over the course of his successful career.

I know that Fernando tells the story of one of his birthdays, which fell the day after him scoring some goals for us. Instead of offering my congratulations, I gave him some technical and tactical corrections, although in my defence, I hadn’t realised what day it was! In spite of that, I’d like to think we always maintained a good personal relationship.

Fernando has been a wonderful example of humility, of unstinting support for his teammates. He was a big player with a big public image, but he was never a problem in the dressing-room. On the contrary, he went out of his way to help others. And he could have difficult conversations with other players if they were doing something he didn’t like because he had earned their respect. He was a decisive figure in the successes of both Liverpool and Chelsea.

Fernando, I know you will continue to inspire young people by your example and through your experience. I wish you good luck in the next stage of your life and career.

Best wishes,
    Rafa.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/whats-on/good-luck-fernando/252/

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

________Adrian_____

______Gomez_VVD____

Trent____________Robertson

________Fabinho___________

____Hender____Gini_________

_______FirmBooby__________
    Salah______________Mane___

Kill em that way.

Can't see Ox starting again, but should come on once we're 4 ahead.

I'll be very surprised if that isn't the line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Owl. wrote: »
    I'll be very surprised if that isn't the line up.

Yeah.. only possible change really might be Matip for Gomez, but I reckon it'll be Gomez alright for his pace, since Arsenal are wicked fast up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Oul Rafa; maybe when Klopp calls time Rafa might get a chance to bring his career to a close back at Liverpool. Its a cliche which I usually hate but I absolutely believe that man has unfinished business at this club.

People moan about the ball he played at the club but it was always clear when Rafa felt he had the players at his disposal, that he was comfortable playing enterprising football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Thought this was interesting:

"His speed and movement, together with the rapport he forged with Steven Gerrard, were lethal to Premier League defences, who were less tactically drilled than their Spanish counterparts"

Thought this was interesting:

"His speed and movement, together with the rapport he forged with Steven Gerrard, were lethal to Premier League defences, who were less tactically drilled than their Spanish counterparts"

Rafa had to remind people of some of his own achievements in that tribute aswell. Hes a very shrewd man, real wolf in sheeps clothing is our Rafa. Not saying its a bad thing or a good thing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Rafa had to remind people of some of his own achievements in that tribute aswell. Hes a very shrewd man, real wolf in sheeps clothing is our Rafa. Not saying its a bad thing or a good thing really.

Is he not downplaying his achievements with that statement?

Is he not downplaying his achievements with that statement?

Rafa is the best self promoter of the lot in my opinion. Always thought he would be a terrific politician. He chooses his battles very carefully and strategically.

Again im not having a pop, he brought us great success.

I think his stubborness as a coach held him back a bit, he fell out with alot of people who didnt conform to his methods.

That Rafa tribute reads like a Rafa tribute to Rafa .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

They talked about this 5-1 Liverpool Arsenal game from 13/14 on the Totally Football podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrfQtnTuF1I

Love watching that team attack.
    Sterling tapping in at the far post, missing a one on one and burying the rebound, even in those early games.

Gerrard's delivery from set-pieces was wicked.

Suarez doing Suarez things

Ox winning the pen for Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

steve_r wrote: »
    They talked about this 5-1 Liverpool Arsenal game from 13/14 on the Totally Football podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrfQtnTuF1I

Love watching that team attack.
    Sterling tapping in at the far post, missing a one on one and burying the rebound, even in those early games.

Gerrard's delivery from set-pieces was wicked.

Suarez doing Suarez things

Ox winning the pen for Arsenal

I was at this and one thing that sticks in my mind was Suarez's attempt below - Kolo's rebound attempt. :D:D Incredible day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'm thinking Mr.Meringue as a fun nickname for Keita, I'll try work it in as much as possible.

I'm thinking Mr.Meringue as a fun nickname for Keita, I'll try work it in as much as possible.

Oh god please don't!

Firmino could be first Brazilian to score 50 league goals for Liverpool if he nets against Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Oh god please don't!

That poster seems to be crying out and wanting to be the center of attention in this thread is all I see from his posts on here are that none of them actually seem to be about Liverpool they are about him or other posters he dislikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Firmino could be first Brazilian to score 50 league goals for Liverpool if he nets against Arsenal.

another one like this would be a nice way to get it :)

MiniatureRegalCrossbill-size_restricted.gif

another one like this would be a nice way to get it :)

MiniatureRegalCrossbill-size_restricted.gif

Peach... id have had that (and Hazards West Ham goal) in the Puskas awards running... they'd plenty of awesome strikes in there, but no mazy dribbles. Love a good mazy dribble. Even though it was against us, I still love that Henry goal from around 2003/2004 (i think).

He could make the 100 League goal club yet. He's going nowhere that's for sure.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No could be about it, he would be. Well unless Fabinho scored 49 goals in the game before Bobby's goal, but that not very likely.

Love that Bobby goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

davemckenna25 thread banned from Liverpool superthread/s for a month.

:pac:

Very witty.
    Hopefully Keita has an injury free season once he's over this current one. The ox & Lallana are more than a tad delicate also.

Jaysus, that 13/14 season was a humdinger. Incredible what two elite strikers can do. Over 100 league goals but 50 conceded. We had no midfield that year. Even with our elite threesome, we haven't managed 100 league goals.

Suarez and Sturridge 30+ and 20+. Gerrard must have been 12-15. Sterling scored a good few. Pity we couldn't keep him. Skrtel must have gotten near enough 10 that year.

That poster seems to be crying out and wanting to be the center of attention in this thread is all I see from his posts on here are that none of them actually seem to be about Liverpool they are about him or other posters he dislikes.

WarlikeNegativeBighorn-small.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Jaysus, that 13/14 season was a humdinger. Incredible what two elite strikers can do. Over 100 league goals but 50 conceded. We had no midfield that year. Even with our elite threesome, we haven't managed 100 league goals.

Suarez and Sturridge 30+ and 20+. Gerrard must have been 12-15. Sterling scored a good few. Pity we couldn't keep him. Skrtel must have gotten near enough 10 that year.

From memory, I think skrtel got 11?? I'm sure he broke double digits anyway.

That season will stick out in memory for the rest of my life. Even though Suarez is now dead to me after the Barca tie, I still have to say that I have never seen a better player in a single season at liverpool in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

MarkY91 wrote: »
    That season will stick out in memory for the rest of my life. Even though Suarez is now dead to me after the Barca tie, I still have to say that I have never seen a better player in a single season at liverpool in my life.

100% this apart from the "dead to me" bit. I still love him but that didn't stop me from absolutely loving the way we put one over on him in the CL semi last year and enjoying his sour response to the spanking :D

We need more players with his combination of talent and work ethic. Haven't seen too many players who put in the effort he does for absolutely every ball for the full 90+ minutes. He never ever gives up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Think the above and his goal against City in the 4-3 are my favorite Bobby tap ins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

So you don't enjoy banter and discussion as much as you do blocks..

grow up and get on with life...

G'luck now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,952 ✭✭✭✭banie01

G'luck now!

My nephew is over in Liverpool with his Dad.
    He is celebrating his 10th birthday with his very 1st trip to Anfield today for the match.

I just got sent a photo of him with Klopp!
    The kid is now a god!
    Way more interesting and fun to be with than his dad! :pac:

Blatant penalty for Chelsea not giving. That VAR is hilarious. We'll be on the end of something obvious yet not given soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Blatant penalty for Chelsea not giving. That VAR is hilarious. We'll be on the end of something obvious yet not given soon enough.

We already did, Abraham's penalty in the Super Cup. We also saw countless bad decisions go for and against us before VAR was introduced, the point is there will be far fewer incorrect decisions now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Which will be no different to most seasons without VAR. The problem with VAR is the same inept refs are the ones using it to make decisions and most decisions are still subjective so things will still have an element of interpretation too.

• Advertisement

**** Chelsea

.G. wrote: »
    Which will be no different to most seasons without VAR. The problem with VAR is the same inept refs are the ones using it to make decisions and most decisions are still subjective so things will still have an element of interpretation too.

A kick to the knee in the box while not winning the ball is pretty obvious. Ref didn't give it, and the weak VAR team did not intervene. Deemed it not an obvious error. Really they should have advised Ref to go look at it pitch side on the monitor.

Sky reporting that Fiorentina are trying to get a loan to buy deal done for Gerrard's cousin Bobby Duncan.

Other places are reporting that his agent is trying to get him a move abroad.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11669/11792757/bobby-duncan-fiorentina-make-bid-for-steven-gerrards-cousin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Losing much ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Snigger Snigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pepe starts for Arsenal ahead of Lacazette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Looking at the teams I expect our midfield to control the game and just bully that Arsenal midfield, Xhaka to get an early yellow and possibly a red later in the game.

4-1

9aba6dd5b57eb3a9461d613b54e5d3948e407eb5.jpeg

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Pepe starts for Arsenal ahead of Lacazette.

Playing alongside Luiz in central defence yea?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement