Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Suarez used to drag 3 defenders towards him on every attack, leaving Sterling and Sturridge free. van Dijk does the same thing for Matip on corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would have been a penalty if MAtip didn't score. Unless VAR had another brain fart.

VVD nearly lost his shirt to Luiz at corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Arsenal fans crying about Van Dijk for the goal...should’ve been a penalty for him anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Okay can anyone on legal TV in English explain what the heck the red card review was about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Happy with that first half. Arsenal will hopefully be playing into our hands in the second, but they still have a goal or two in them.

Gini so slow to react there, he can be so lacking in the final third sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Did Bobby just do what it looked like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Okay can anyone on legal TV in English explain what the heck the red card review was about?

No-one knows. Salah hit the deck while jumping for the ball, so maybe they thought he was shoved is my best guess.

Virgil was indicating to the ref that he got a boot scraping down his thigh while the check was ongoing.

Don’t know if that’s what they were looking at, but it’s all I noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It hasn't been explained by any channel yet.

Hopefully the halftime panel will have an idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It is ok last couple of times all of Liverpool goals went into the Anfield Road end of the ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That was a satisfying half.

Its important to note how well we played, because make no mistake, Arsenal have played excellently.

They'll make top 4 no hassle whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It was apparently for a kick into a players thigh with stoods showing.

Now who that player was is another question.

Look forward to the gif of that flick and shot by the main man after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No-one knows. Salah hit the deck while jumping for the ball, so maybe they thought he was shoved is my best guess.

VVD seemed to be making a lot of motions towards raking of studs down a thigh as well... was all pretty unclear though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Salah with a high foot almost kicking Arsenal defender in the head. Seemed to be that challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My best guess is Salah's high foot. Didn't see a replay but if he was near a head with his boot that was likely it. No intention but that's my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Am I watching the same game of football? Redknapp saying Pepe has been probably the best player on the field?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Fantastic half. Arsenal playing excellently, we will need to keep mistakes to an absolute minimum.

Will be fascinating to see how Klopp sends them out in the second half.

Am I watching the same game of football? Redknapp saying Pepe has been probably the best player on the field?

Missed the game's clearest chance one-on-one with Adrian and is running a lot. That's about it.

• Advertisement

Few nice touches from him, he's fast, and ehhh he made an arse of an easy 1 on 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Did Kelly forget to take off the special effects green dress ..my eyes

Sky trying really hard to push this "van Dijk is terrified of Pepe" thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Few nice touches from him, he's fast, and ehhh he made an arse of an easy 1 on 1?

Easy on the eye, a few nice touches, but ultimately nothing to really show for the first half effort..... Kinda like Jamie's career really 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Wonder if he might throw Gomez on for Trent at some point - his head just doesn't seem right, losing possession or timid passes. Great cross for the goal, but he just seems a bit out of sorts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Sky Germany saying it was a review about a potential elbow thrown by David L....basic reason nothing happened was they didnt have pictures as the cameras were wonky. Bit like watching a LOI game on Skorlive...:D:D:D

VVD shirt being pulled blocked the other Arsenal defender jumping and clearing the ball :pac:

Sky trying really hard to push this "van Dijk is terrified of Pepe" thing.

It’s already caught on with one or two here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Really impressed by Luis for Arsenal. He's been excellent anticipating Liverpool's attacking play.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Look at how easily Luiz lost track of Salah there. We need to keep targeting him.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Luis always seems to play good against us for some reason.

• Advertisement

I genuinely think he's a really good defender. He just takes too many risks playing out and is prone to some big clangers.

Bobby's been looking a lot more Brazilian this season

It's like there's two of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Liverpool will score again, they'll work out something to work around the Arsenal back 9.

Bobby is so so so good

HAHA I WAS RIGHT! UP YOURS SUPER FURRY!

:pac:

Ah no, he actually was pretty good against us until the end of the first half.

Can't do that now Luis.

I genuinely think he's a really good defender. He just takes too many risks playing out and is prone to some big clangers.

And there's the clanger

Another dive from Salah.

• Advertisement

Still a pull of a shirt G Nev no matter if it is small or that big

Alright I'm ready to admit Salah has put in the practice on his penalties, a few great ones in a row from him

Member the days when no one wanted Salah taking penalties.

Yep he seems to have sharpened up, much more direct thump of the ball from that angled run.

Alright I'm ready to admit Salah has put in the practice on his penalties, a few great ones in a row from him

Spot on. He’s taken his last few beautifully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Salah been clearly working very hard on pens - that's 3 in a row now that have been brilliant, right into the corners.

Totally different style to previous years.

Boom!

Getting casual all of a sudden

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great to have a Penalty taker that can actually score them :pac:

Matip again showing why he has been the best Liverpool defender of 2019.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement