Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Van Dijk been in trouble today ... nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Van Dijk just taking the piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Christ, just realised there's still 15 minutes left... feels like we're in the dying seconds just playing it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

colly10 wrote: »
    Van Dijk been in trouble today ... nonsense

We'll be caught out playing this high line against better opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How many goals have we scored against Arsenal since John W asked what are the smoking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

How many goals have we scored against Arsenal since John W asked what are the smoking.

40 million and 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Gonna be so many GIFs of this game ...ooooo boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

35, I count.

Or to put it in their terms, 34 plus 1. :pac:

Edit: beaten to it by Turty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Van Dijk is imperious. Klopp should invite people to take a walk around him.

Love that moment there, where Pepe tries to trick his way past Matip, VVD comes in to ease him off it, and then Milner steams into the middle of it all and charges out with the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If we could play Arsenal at Anfield every week I think we'd win the league by about 22 points.

Wonder how Kevin Nolan feels today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We just can't keep a clean sheet can we

Well that's annoying.

That’s disappointing. Henderson has been poor today, but he was just unlucky that time with the ball falling straight back to Torreira.

bah.

Pity that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Poor "tackle" from Henderson there.

martyos121 wrote: »
    That’s disappointing. Henderson has been poor today, but he was just unlucky that time with the ball falling straight back to Torreira.

Hendo's been one of the standout best players for me today... been the one constantly quickly getting the ball into those open spaces - everything has gone through him, all our quick switches, and pushing up, tightening in on them, keeping the pressure on them constantly. Think he's been excellent.

That’s Torreira best player in the league at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Think that's on Trent tbh, you're 3-0 up, just lash it down the line, give away a throw, who cares but chucking it into the centre of the pitch effectively allowed that chance to come about

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Hendo's been one of the standout best players for me today... been the one constantly quickly getting the ball into those open spaces - everything has gone through him, all our quick switches, and pushing up, tightening in on them, keeping the pressure on them constantly. Think he's been excellent.

Don’t agree myself, he’s given the ball away very cheaply a few times and that takes away any credit he’s built up from his general level of play. It was his touch that let Pepe through on goal against Adrian in the first half as well.

I’m generally a fan of the way he plays, and he’s done a lot right today, but he’s made some schoolboy errors all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

So which one of you is wrong?

Every league game this season we've gotten complacent and conceded a sloppy goal, yet to score last in any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

ERG89 wrote: »
    Poor "tackle" from Henderson there.

He looks to have run out of gas the last 10 minutes to be honest

Great ball by Fab to Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

jebidiah wrote: »
    He looks to have run out of gas the last 10 minutes to be honest

Klopp should hook him then.
    Hopefully we can win the second half as we haven't won any in the league & it means a lot to some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Tyler and Neville trying and failing to paint this as something other than a dominating performance from Liverpool.
    We concede a goal, oh the humanity

I know he's only been on a few minutes but Lallana is such a non factor

• Advertisement

I know he's only been on a few minutes but Lallana is such a non factor

At least he’s not in the ‘number 6’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Tyler and Neville trying and failing to paint this as something other than a dominating performance from Liverpool.
    We concede a goal, oh the humanity

They are so disappointed at this scoreline

Great performance, easy win. Make no mistake this is not a bad Arsenal side, they're at worst the fourth best team in the league, we're just that much better.

Comfortable win against a top side. Well in Jurgen.

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    So which one of you is wrong?

Well, it's a discussion forum, so there probably isn't an objective right or wrong. Hendo's performance is built up on a thousand little things he's done, good and bad. So it just depends on your personal weighting of those little things.

For me, the overall workrate, constant pressure, and brilliant quick passing to always be probing at Arsenal's weak spots makes up for the few errors he made - largely made while putting himself in a position to be covering someone else anyway.

But Martyos has given greater weight than I do to those mistakes, lowering Hendo's overall performance for him.

Both feel like pretty subjective opinions, and both seem pretty valid to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Every league game this season we've gotten complacent and conceded a sloppy goal, yet to score last in any of them.

Won both halves this time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Strong performance, delighted

Not quite as enjoyable as some of our other easy annual wins over them at Anfield but utterly dominant. Would be great to play them every week.

When the lads are putting on the Ritz with the flicks and tricks, one or two just aren't quite up to the standard and Arsenal are good enough to cause problems with a sloppy pass.

That Arsenal attack is now a "didn't sign for Liverpool" collective. Pepe, Lacazette, Mihki, Aboomarang.

Brilliant stuff today

Well, it's a discussion forum, so there probably isn't an objective right or wrong. Hendo's performance is built up on a thousand little things he's done, good and bad. So it just depends on your personal weighting of those little things.

For me, the overall workrate, constant pressure, and brilliant quick passing to always be probing at Arsenal's weak spots makes up for the few errors he made - largely made while putting himself in a position to be covering someone else anyway.

But Martyos has given greater weight than I do to those mistakes, lowering Hendo's overall performance for him.

Both feel like pretty subjective opinions, and both seem pretty valid to me.

Couldn’t have put it better myself Rebel. Just a case of placing different values in different things in a match.

That was a great performance by us today, a much improved Arsenal side and we looked superb up against them.

• Advertisement

12 consecutive Premier League wins, first time we've ever done that.

EDIT: In fact it's tied with our most consecutive wins in league history, the only other time we had 12 in a row was in 1990.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Only 5 ahead of utd after 3 games, disappointing

Thought Henderson was fine, some really nice passes and tackles but it'd have been a much different game if Pepe finished the easy 1 on 1 Hendo gifted him.

Klopp the greatest club signing since King Kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Only 5 ahead of utd after 3 games, disappointing

We want more.

Is Van Dijk still panicking about Pepe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Very enjoyable evening and I'm sure the clean sheets will come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭DenMan

Arsenal fan here lads. Well done on the win. You're in a much better development stage than us. All I was hoping for was some positives for Emery to build on. Three wins from three. Well done again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Matip, free transfer what a signing. The transfer business we have done really is incredible. Maguire definitely wouldn't start ahead of him.

BT presenter reckons Matip is giving Gomez a run for his money at CB :rolleyes:

Matip owns that position for me

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement