Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

rob316 wrote: »
    Matip, free transfer what a signing. The transfer business we have done really is incredible

Milner and Matip both on free signings going into their 5th and 4th seasons with the club and still playing big roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

martyos121 wrote: »
    That’s disappointing. Henderson has been poor today, but he was just unlucky that time with the ball falling straight back to Torreira.

Henderson was excellent today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

9 goals in 3 games, it's impressive. Scoring goals is not easy, but we're making it look easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

6 wrote: »
    BT presenter reckons Matip is giving Gomez a run for his money at CB :rolleyes:

Matip owns that position for me

Matip has been better than VVD in 2019 the best defender at the club right now for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Schooled. What a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Matip’s a great example of the reactionary nature of fans. Some finally realising what he brings wanted to ship him out this time last year because he doesn’t carry himself like the typical centre back.

Fingers crossed Wilson, Ibe, Solanke can do something tomorrow.

Who am I kidding City will murder them.

Taken from the great site.

lsiaqkwlafi31.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Only 5 ahead of utd after 3 games, disappointing

Its nice and all but the fact that will hurt them more is they are an irrelevance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm amazed at the Arsenal fans having a go at Guendouzi in their thread. I thought he was fully committed today. We just strangled them with the press. If we had Alisson it wouldn't even have been close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

What is Gary Neville wearing?

Well done to Klopp, Rodgers and Hodgson today. 9pts.

We were also the only home win!

DenMan wrote: »
    Arsenal fan here lads. Well done on the win. You're in a much better development stage than us. All I was hoping for was some positives for Emery to build on. Three wins from three. Well done again!

I think you got positives there to be fair, it wasn't the usual calamitous Arsenal visit to Anfield, you gave us problems and will cause other teams plenty, we're just well better than everyone bar City. It's a process, you're on the right track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

9 goals in 3 games, it's impressive. Scoring goals is not easy, but we're making it look easy.

Conceding more chances but **** it this team is a joy to watch on the front foot.

Only 5 ahead of utd after 3 games, disappointing

The danger there is Solsksaer getting the sack too soon :(

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Taken from the great site.

lsiaqkwlafi31.jpg

Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm amazed at the Arsenal fans having a go at Guendouzi in their thread. I thought he was fully committed today. We just strangled them with the press. If we had Alisson it wouldn't even have been close.

Three times he dived in and blocked Liverpool shots at point-blank range. Showed exactly the kind of fight that's been missing there for years.

Burley play tomorrow, again Wednesday and then face us Saturday. Week off for us, should be prepared .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

6 wrote: »
    The danger there is Solsksaer getting the sack too soon :(

We got Mourinho sacked last year, if we beat them this time around and get Ole sacked, who gets the job then? Phil Jones? :pac:

David luiz trying to defend the shirt pulling. As if the refs go into such detail about shirt pulling. '' I pull the shirt, not the man

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    We got Mourinho sacked last year, if we beat them this time around and get Ole sacked, who gets the job then? Phil Jones? :pac:

I’d say there is a few prayers being said asking for Alex to come out of retirement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What is David Luiz banging on about regards the penalty, he’s blaming the lightness of jerseys as to why he pulled it so easily

Three times he dived in and blocked Liverpool shots at point-blank range. Showed exactly the kind of fight that's been missing there for years.

I think he’s suffering from the thing Arsenal fans do where they proclaim one of their players to be the best in the league after a good performance or two. Then when they get a decent sample size they’re actually average at best.

Before him it was Torreira, Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey, etc, etc.

Yeah I honestly thought he was one of their best, if not the best player for them.

But....
    Basil3 wrote: »
    Guendouzi just looked completely out of position, didn't know what he was doing.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    I'd love to hear anyone here who has an argument for Guendhouzis inclusion in an Arsenal starting XI.
    Guendouzi just isn’t good enough. He needs to learn to pass the ball quicker. He’s been caught way too many times fannying around in our own box and he slows attack’s down looking around him trying to decide what to do. Pass and go, pass and go.
    He must have only watched him for the first few games of last season. He’s been fairly awful since. He hasn’t improved at all, still looks like a player that’s only played a handful of games.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Starting with Guendhouzi and Xhaka in the middle against Liverpool was never going to end well.

I honestly thought he saved them at the last moment quite a few times and was impressed...maybe we were watching different games!

I’d say there is a few prayers being said asking for Alex to come out of retirement

Alex is one responsible for all their problems, he wanted Moyes, Van Gaal, Jose, Ole.
    He really needs to keep interfering :)

If they put ALex back in his box they could actually appoint a proven attack minded manager .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Burley play tomorrow, again Wednesday and then face us Saturday. Week off for us, should be prepared .
    Their reserves should be able to handle Sunderland in mid week. Burnley always put in a good performance against Liverpool so there's no reason to expect any different next weekend.

Alex is one responsible for all their problems, he wanted Moyes, Van Gaal, Jose, Ole.
    He really needs to keep interfering :)

If they put ALex back in his box they could actually appoint a proven attack minded manager .
    You forgot to mention his role in the Glazers getting control of the club. :)

Talisman wrote: »
    Their reserves should be able to handle Sunderland in mid week. Burnley always put in a good performance against Liverpool so there's no reason to expect any different next weekend.

Not sure teams like Burley play weak sides in the cup.

Just watching Bobby’s flick and shot that it was so dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah I honestly thought he was one of their best, if not the best player for them.

But....

I honestly thought he saved them at the last moment quite a few times and was impressed...maybe we were watching different games!

I guess it's probably a bit of both... we're watching from an LFC point of view, in the time he got in our way and the attacks he stopped, whereas they're looking from the point of view of the attacks he never started, and the lack of positive controlling influence he had.

I didn't really see how his game was from a passing/attacking sense, cause i wasn't looking for it, but I guess they were.

• Advertisement

Kelly in her green dress joking that the lawn mower guys are going to come for her wearing this.
    Carra gets the giggles and can't hold it together.

Not sure teams like Burley play weak sides in the cup.
    Burnley certainly did last season - Dyche changed the core of the team and lost to Burton Albion in order to get a result in the next league game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Burnley, as unspectacular as they may be, are one of the teams you measure yourself against in this league, especially playing them at Turf Moor. If we can find a way to get out of there with 3 points next week, I’m certain that we can push City all the way again this year, because Burnley away is the absolute toughest of a certain type of game in the PL, and that type of game is the most common and the ones you must win if you’re going to challenge for the title.

We can afford to draw away at Molineux, Goodison or the King Power (not all three) because even City are unlikely to take maximum points in all of those fixtures, but we absolutely have to win home and away against the bottom 10, and take a lot of points against the rest of the top 5 to have a chance. 4 points from the two City matches is also going to be necessary, but fcuk it, I think we could actually challenge them again based on today’s performance.

Burley lost 10 and drew two at home last season, conceding 32 goals. Finished with 40pts, nothing to fear playing them at home.
    Famous last words.

Anywhere up to another 6 weeks till Ali is back according to Pearce could be early October

I see a few of ye were in having a little jabs in another thread, am I the only thinking their irrelevance would be best served with silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Good performance today, looked very dangerous in attack, still a couple of areas we need to work on, the Pepe chance and the Adrian chance being obvious ones, though Pepe looked good, think he would have played well in our team.
    Still not sure about the high line we play, gonna trust it though.

Burley lost 10 and drew two at home last season, conceding 32 goals. Finished with 40pts, nothing to fear playing them at home.
    Famous last words.
    Our games at Turf Moor are always hard fought, Dyche has them fired up for the game in a way that they aren't against other teams.

In 2016/17 we absolutely battered them and yet lost 2-0 and they only had two shots on target. In 2017/18 we won 2-1 with Lovren and Klavan combining to score in injury time. Last season we were 1-0 down on 60 minutes and won 3-1 because of the quality of the bench.

It would be nice to run out comfortable 5-0 winners against them as Man City tend to do, but the cost of such humiliations is that Burnley try to kick your team off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I see a few of ye were in having a little jabs in another thread, am I the only thinking their irrelevance would be best served with silence.

Nah there downfall has been ****ing glorious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Goals:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Firmino was up for it today, some really nice touches from him, including one that set Salah up for the penalty:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Didn't see a lot of Gini today but had these two really nice moments:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Fab is so good at this:

giphy.gif

Matip (Aubameyang was offside anyway but that's just even more of a testament to Matip's recovery):

giphy.gif

Funny one here, David Luiz completely losing his whereabouts and it nearly leads to a Salah goal:

giphy.gif

This is the clip that was accompanied by Neville's talk about how van Dijk looks terrified of Pepe, because he didn't dive in right away which apparently he always does:

giphy.gif

rob316 wrote: »
    Nah there downfall has been ****ing glorious.

I think leaving them be might work even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

last 10 mins of Sky coverage was bizarre.

Going on about how encouraging Arsenal's response was to being 3-0 down & they look much better this year.

You can really sense how annoyed both are. Sky coverage & analysis last 12 months really has been poor all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

To be honest I thought were the better team today, could have had 4 penos and should have won.

Sorry wrong thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Awesome phone wallpaper of mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

MD1990 wrote: »

Going on about how encouraging Arsenal's response was to being 3-0 down & they look much better this year.

You can really sense how annoyed both are. Sky coverage & analysis last 12 months really has been poor all round.

Shockingly bad, the usual with Tyler and Neville mumbling and muttering,even Carragher usually pushing some agenda.

Glad I don't pay for it ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Shockingly bad, the usual with Tyler and Neville mumbling and muttering,even Carragher usually pushing some agenda.
    ˜

What are you guys talking about?

Maybe someone who's here a bit longer than me can help, is M!ck/Fred the red now T Hanks? Haven't seen Fred thank anything in here this far but T hanks is taking up the mantle.

Worried about him here, he seems to need Liverpool in his life. A sh!t Liverpool unfortunately for him.

News just in

69265363_2621894667832052_8980327289342394368_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQk30Q9hd-eq99nBaypuYree5i3uTU_TpelUgeqRQ3ZZFwQNAFDkXZmG42cjiO0n9U0&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=45292c4f043b3a6584d70dd7407a84e6&oe=5E0D859E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Salah took the pen like a free kick, curled it into top corner past an imaginary wall on the 6 yard line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

MD1990 wrote: »

Was thinking this also. Constantly mentioning Pepe giving the back 4 problems. He had 2 chances from what I remember. 2 chances you’d expect to get when it was basically 2 on 2 for so much of the game considering how deep arsenal sat and the style they played. And he f***ed up both of them.

There was more praise for Arsenal not sh*ting the bed then Liverpool playing well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement