Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

Speak Now wrote: »
    Salah took the pen like a free kick, curled it into top corner past an imaginary wall on the 6 yard line :)

Now, that's how to take a penalty :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

.G. wrote: »
    Maybe someone who's here a bit longer than me can help, is M!ck/Fred the red now T Hanks? Haven't seen Fred thank anything in here this far but T hanks is taking up the mantle.

Worried about him here, he seems to need Liverpool in his life. A sh!t Liverpool unfortunately for him.

Its him alrite, good name change I'll give him that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Did someone post that if we win this match it's a club record of on the bounce wins?

If so,

ComfortableEnormousCormorant-size_restricted.gif

Edit, one more needed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I see a few of ye were in having a little jabs in another thread, am I the only thinking their irrelevance would be best served with silence.

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

I very happy. I drink Linden Village and laugh at my man utd friend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

I very happy. I drink Linden Village and laugh at my man utd friend!!

With, Pepsi, with

Peatys wrote: »
    With, Pepsi, with

I knot have the vodka for the pepsis! I have great day YNWA! QWetop og league and #1

Numb the pain of a Liverpool win

6 wrote: »
    Numb the pain of a Liverpool win

I am reel liverpoolfan hahaha it's ok we all together on same journety!

Norwich will be exciting to watch anyway regardless if they stay up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

We were glorious at times today. Arsenal weren't as dreadful as they've been for the last few years but we made them look miles off at times. 9 from 9...happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bit of the Blackpools about them. Hopefully they stay up, if nothing else it’s a guaranteed 3 points to add to those at home against Arsenal.

I was saying earlier I might watch them every week. They're great craic.

Emery on MOTD saying the penalty was soft...wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Owl. wrote: »

Want to know what he is smoking to say that, the clearest pen you will ever see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Needs to learn from his predecessor and go with the good old "I didn't see the incident, I wasn't looking"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Firmino looks back to his best this year. He had a good season last year but didn't think he was as good as the previous season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'd say he's just backing up what his new signing had been saying, rather than contradict him. Doubt he believes it.

Firmino looks back to his best this year. He had a good season last year but didn't think he was as good as the previous season.

Looks electric!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah started believing during the end of his first season that he was world class.

Mane started to believe it towards the end of last season.

I think Bobby is starting to believe it now about himself.

• Advertisement

Salah started believing during the end of his first season that he was world class.

they all world calsswtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://gfycat.com/nearvibrantbrant

THat's what Adrian should have done last week. Chalk and Cheese outcome

NearVibrantBrant-size_restricted.gif

Adrian a fast learner .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That pass from Fabinho was absolute filth.

He's a total hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

What a day!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

That is what great managers do he is giving the players the belif in themselves and now they are believeing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I really thought that was excellent. We could've scored a hatful more.

I there's always obvious bright spots, but I thought Hendo, Trent, Fabinho, Matip and Bobby were ****ing sterling tonight. VVD, Salah and a few others were obviously brilliant but even with a few who made mistakes there was a lot of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Good to see Southampton have gone out and found Mane’s replacement for us should he leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Good to see Southampton have gone out and found Mane’s replacement for us should he leave

Who is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Who is that?

Lad who scored their first goal today reminded me a lot of Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Fab was unreal today I thought, plus I'm gonna say this because it's true-matip has for the last 6 maths or so been every single bit as good as Virgi yet gets hardly any credit and folk still go on about gomes, Joe wouldn't lace Joels boots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Our front three are amazing, the best fun I've had watching Liverpool since the days of Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge and Houghton. A joy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

martyos121 wrote: »
    We got Mourinho sacked last year, if we beat them this time around and get Ole sacked, who gets the job then? Phil Jones? :pac:

Give it to Giggsy til the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Speak Now wrote: »
    Salah took the pen like a free kick, curled it into top corner past an imaginary wall on the 6 yard line :)

That's 2 in a row where he's gone to the right for that big run up....and the keeper dived to his own left.

I'm I missing something or is Salah always going either keeper's right like today or down the middle with a run up like that?

I just don't see him pulling the ball back across himself with an angled run up like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Talk of a deal with Nike that will blow every other shirt deal out of the water. Could be worth over 100m a season.

Was reading back through the last few days and all the talk of how well the club are negotiating now, a few years ago it wouldn't have surprised me if the deal was with some Italian crowd, where the club paid them for the gear and continued to pay them for a few years after.

The difference in the commercial side of things is stunning. Long may that trend continue.

NearVibrantBrant-size_restricted.gif

Adrian a fast learner .

He's a big upgrade on Simon, very happy with him. He's a bit dodgy but equally brilliant and will rise to the pressure of playing for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I know the big signings are exciting but it could be a very shrewd move from klopp to not add any big names. What better vote of confidence in the whole squad than that. Saw an earlier post talking about players believing they are world class. This enhances that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think that maybe Klopp & the coaching team are trying to make this season a continuation of last season. Just keep playing, with the same players, and just keep winning. Keep the momentum and hopefully just tire City out mentally of always having to win to keep pace. Hope that they drop off somewhere or put their eyes on CL mainly. We were just winning every game at the end of last season so try and keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

There's some thing that the Kop want you to knooowww....

What a game from bobby. Looks back to his utmost best. What a guy.
    Smile on you crazy diamond!!! :)

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    There's some thing that the Kop want you to knooowww....

What a game from bobby. Looks back to his utmost best. What a guy.
    Smile on you crazy diamond!!! :)

Came on the back of VVD claiming Firmino was best player he has ever played with. Could see those words ringing in his ear today, everything he did he did with class and confidence . Real show boat performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Our front three are amazing, the best fun I've had watching Liverpool since the days of Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge and Houghton. A joy to watch.

Yeah it's a brilliant side. Would be reward to see them win a league title but either way it's a superb outfit. And also European champions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Well, it's a discussion forum, so there probably isn't an objective right or wrong. Hendo's performance is built up on a thousand little things he's done, good and bad. So it just depends on your personal weighting of those little things.

For me, the overall workrate, constant pressure, and brilliant quick passing to always be probing at Arsenal's weak spots makes up for the few errors he made - largely made while putting himself in a position to be covering someone else anyway.

But Martyos has given greater weight than I do to those mistakes, lowering Hendo's overall performance for him.

Both feel like pretty subjective opinions, and both seem pretty valid to me.

He needs a bit more faith in receiving the pass with his left. Loved him today but Fab stole the show for me.

Next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Outrageous MOTD showing us second. Looked a very comfortable win, soft definate penalty and Mo looked wonderful. These great starts to the league are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Outrageous MOTD showing us second. Looked a very comfortable win, soft definate penalty and Mo looked wonderful. These great starts to the league are great.

Not that easy - we were still susceptible to the couinter.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Gbear wrote: »
    I thought Hendo, Trent, Fabinho, Matip and Bobby were ****ing Sterling tonight.

That's a gang bang I really don't want to see!

On the topic of the potential Nike deal, not only are they getting one of the best teams in the world's most popular sport, they're also getting the most talked about manager who is constantly kitted out head to toe in NB gear. Every interview, press conference, game, etc. Any time you see Klopp he's promoting New Balance.

Knex. wrote: »
    Give it Giggsy til the end of the season

FYP

Yeah, absolutely the same feeling I had watching the game. An absolute pleasure to watch, why I became interested in the game in the first place. Pure class. Great to see the boys enjoying themselves, knowing they're serving up a treat. Long may it last.

I've been waiting 25 years to see a Liverpool team that look like the they could challenge for the major trophies season after season, finally we have one.

World class team and manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Honestly,I've not idolised a player since Robbie Fowler,he was my hero,gave me so much joy as a young un, now in my 40's I'm somehow a kid again ..

Thank you Bobby firmino. A special footballer,who gives everything for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Are we genuinely the best team in the world right now, I think we are, the only little gripe I'm having is with this higher defensive line, I'm not sure it's right for us, or at least we don't seem to heave mastered it yet anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

On Firminho -
    He is superb. Was thinking to myself during the game that he would be a perfect player for Barcelona. Wouldn't be surprised to see them come in for him at some point in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement