Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If only he had a close friend who could tell him that a move like that isn’t as good as it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Are we genuinely the best team in the world right now, I think we are, the only little gripe I'm having is with this higher defensive line, I'm not sure it's right for us, or at least we don't seem to heave mastered it yet anyway

First 11 v first 11, yeah. But over a full season, city squad is unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Other than GK, I think Klopp sees that starting 11 yesterday as his best team - against stronger opposition anyway.

Would like see us to rotate out Gini for Ox/Keita against likes of Newcastle or Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yeah I think yesterday’s midfield will be this season’s Henderson/Milner/Wijnaldum combo for the big games. With Fabinho being able to do the job of both Henderson and Milner it gives that extra bit going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Ardent wrote: »
    On Firminho -
    He is superb. Was thinking to myself during the game that he would be a perfect player for Barcelona. Wouldn't be surprised to see them come in for him at some point in the future.

I can’t see him being too pushed to go with how it turned out for his mate. And the fact we are on a par with Barca these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Firmino is the unsung hero, he doesn't grab the headlines but anyone who actually watches us play knows how good he is. If he wanted to score 30 goals a season I'm sure he could but he is just so selfless, if you told him play full back he'd do it, he just loves to play and see the team win.
    That is the character throughout the side though, no egos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/RMCsport/status/1165342507112288258

Shame he had some bad injuries. He was immense before them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

What impressed me yesterday was for how long we pinned Arsenal back and into their own half for long long period.

The high line only adds to this as it pushes the opposition really deep. It's probably going to be the tactic for home games this season. We will risk the counter attacks, as our own attack is very capable of outscoring the opposition with relentless pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

FitzShane wrote: »
    What impressed me yesterday was for how long we pinned Arsenal back and into their own half for long long period.

The high line only adds to this as it pushes the opposition really deep. It's probably going to be the tactic for home games this season. We will risk the counter attacks, as our own attack is very capable of outscoring the opposition with relentless pressure.

Three players in our own half :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Are we genuinely the best team in the world right now, I think we are, the only little gripe I'm having is with this higher defensive line, I'm not sure it's right for us, or at least we don't seem to heave mastered it yet anyway

The Club World Cup will confirm or deny this status

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

This is interesting - passmap from yesterday
    https://twitter.com/BetweenThePosts/status/1165522974113521670?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Fab was unreal today I thought, plus I'm gonna say this because it's true-matip has for the last 6 maths or so been every single bit as good as Virgi yet gets hardly any credit and folk still go on about gomes, Joe wouldn't lace Joels boots

Matip has been a real unsung hero. Gómez, as good as he is, should not get in the team ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wilson, Ibe, Solanke all to be unleashed from the bench at 3-0 down :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Wilson, Ibe, Solanke all to be unleashed from the bench at 3-0 down :p.

Wilson on early due to an injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

What a free kick by Harry Wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Cracker from Wilson.

Is it just me or does he look a little like Torres?

That's what he does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Wilson does it again!

Wilson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sure his free kicks are worth .........

• Advertisement

For those that were upset about him being sent on loan, that's two PL goals for him already when he likely wouldn't have played a second of football so far if he was still at Liverpool.

For those that were upset about him being sent on loan, that's two PL goals for him already when he likely wouldn't have played a second of football so far if he was still at Liverpool.

Club will get 30m for him and will be spent on a better player. He wouldn't kick a ball for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Hope there is a recall on Harry!!

He’s a better option than Shaqiri

rob316 wrote: »
    Club will get 30m for him and will be spent on a better player. He wouldn't kick a ball for us.

Silly talk!! Outside of the front 3 he is a better option

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Chesty08 wrote: »

We'd only end up playing Lallana instead for some bizarre reason.

I think that might be something the club are considering. If Shaq decides he'd like to move on then you have Wilson to step into his spot.

https://twitter.com/philnealfanclub/status/1165527838256173056?s=19

Apologies if already posted but it's a kind of magic.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Must say I really enjoyed watching that game yesterday, it was a really good performance and the cobwebs that we showed v Chelsea and Norwich were well and truly blown away. It feels like we are already up to speed very early in the season.

• Advertisement

I still want to see far more from Wilson outside of his shooting, yeah he can hit a great free kick or a longshot when given space, but he can often seem pretty uninvolved in a match outside of that, and you're not always going to get those chances, especially if you're playing for Liverpool instead of Bournemouth.

Wilson causing mayhem and getting hacked by a City hacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wilson causing mayhem and getting hacked by a City hacker.

Couldn't see much in it in the replay tbh

Don't spoil the narrative! City are a dirty team who get away with it cos they are "beautiful".

Silly talk!! Outside of the front 3 he is a better option

Klopp clearly doesn't think that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bournemouth putting city to the sword. Its nice to see

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Bournemouth putting city to the sword. Its nice to see

City still winning though.

VAR not in Peps favour again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That's game.

Probably, probably justice due to the VAR decision a few mins ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

noodler wrote: »
    That's game.

Probably, probably justice due to the VAR decision a few mins ago.

Yeah thought it was a clear pen.

I never expect City to drop points in these games, the gulf in class is just too big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Must say I really enjoyed watching that game yesterday, it was a really good performance and the cobwebs that we showed v Chelsea and Norwich were well and truly blown away. It feels like we are already up to speed very early in the season.
    We're doing okay but there is certainly room for improvement still - for example in the first half yesterday the players were clustered together around the 18 yard box instead of making room for each other. When TAA crossed the ball if it went past the cluster of attackers there was no one on the far side of the area to attack the ball. Klopp mentioned the same thing in a post match interview - he said they were being greedy and not working for each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's great reading all the other pages and they are all like how do we reach liverpool's level, bar city but nobody posts there. Its not a dig at them but a huge compliment to how far liverpool have come.

Klopp clearly doesn't think that though.

Don’t think it’s as simple as that.

Klopp has a place in his squad for x minutes (very little), Wilson is on a trajectory that requires constant game time he cannot give him for now. Let him develop further elsewhere & come back an even better player.

He’ll 100% be a Liverpool squad player next year after the likes of Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Klopp has a place in his squad for x minutes (very little), Wilson is on a trajectory that requires constant game time he cannot give him for now. Let him develop further elsewhere & come back an even better player.

He’ll 100% be a Liverpool squad player next year after the likes of Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi move on

Oh are they leaving???? Where are they going???

[/B]

Oh are they leaving???? Where are they going???

I think Lalana is in the last year of his contract now so I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on. Only way the other two go is if they want more playing time.

Watch him play he offers little bar the goals

There will be an international case study into how Edwards got £20m for Solanke. 1 premier league goal still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Watch him play he offers little bar the goals

Didnt do much but Bournemouth barely had the ball.

But great goal & great chance created for Callum Wilson early in 2nd half.

There will be an international case study into how Edwards got £20m for Solanke. 1 premier league goal still.

I'm still shocked we got all our money back from Benteke, he's averaged 5 goals a season since leaving Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Why do people keep saying Origi is moving on... Mental talk.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement