Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying Origi is moving on... Mental talk.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't reach a point where he wants regular game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Origi signed a new contract barely a month ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That Joelinton lad for Newcastle looks class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A very good weekend for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Grayditch wrote: »
    A very good weekend for results.

City won so going to give a big no to that opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

ERG89 wrote: »
    City won so going to give a big no to that opinion.

Yeah the rest are irrelevant really.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Jesus, ye are hard pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

But still it's better than everyone winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Richard Keys, the football oracle, reckons it's impossible to say no to Real Madrid and wonders if Salah will be able to maintain his form there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mode note - post removed for review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That's brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Loved Momo, wasn't the same after the eye injury unfortunately. Best midfield in the world was a great song too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Richard Keys, the football oracle, reckons it's impossible to say no to Real Madrid and wonders if Salah will be able to maintain his form there.

Is that the same person who said Everton would finish ahead of Liverpool last season as they won the transfer market

Richard Keys, now there's a man with a trusted opinion.

DYhqMteWkAA6Xvh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

6 wrote: »
    Richard Keys, now there's a man with a trusted opinion.

DYhqMteWkAA6Xvh.jpg

Of course he'd say that he's Andy Gray's life partner ffs.

rob316 wrote: »
    Of course he'd say that he's Andy Gray's life partner ffs.

Bitter the pair of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ratracer

For the seasoned matchgoers on here:

Looking at the fixtures over the Christmas period, we’re down to play on 26th (away) and at home on 28th and 31st. I’m hoping to travel to the Wolves game (28th) with the young lad. Is there likely to be much change of dates of these fixtures? When it’s such a busy period, is it likely the Saturday fixtures will all be on the Saturday?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

ratracer wrote: »

Looking at the fixtures over the Christmas period, we’re down to play on 26th (away) and at home on 28th and 31st. I’m hoping to travel to the Wolves game (28th) with the young lad. Is there likely to be much change of dates of these fixtures? When it’s such a busy period, is it likely the Saturday fixtures will all be on the Saturday?
    Thanks

I think the date for the Wolves match is very unlikely to be changed. If it is, it'll be to facilitate a 5.30pm KO as opposed to the date changing. As a rule, dates generally don't change over the festive period but KO can. I took a chance the past 2 years for Christmas period matches with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Augme wrote: »
    I'll be surprised if he doesn't reach a point where he wants regular game time.

Think it all depends on how he does in his appearances. If he plays as well as he can, there's plenty of minutes there for him, since he's the first choice backup for 3 starters. Could easily start 20+ games this season across all comps, and come on in another 20. All depends on if he can keep his end of season form, and beginning season form going.

Elsewhere, loved this pair of answers from VVD;
    VVD wrote:
    Greatest game you’ve played in?

The Barcelona game. [Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona in last season’s Champions League semi-final]

Greatest game you’ve watched?

I watched the Barcelona game back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Brilliant.

I know people complain about the final but that game was where we won it. There was no way we were losing after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Fabinho's reaction to the Arsenal goal is priceless, he really wanted a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

That's brilliant.

If you put everything you had into playing for us, whether you were a big success or not, and however long you stayed there, we'll love you for it. Henchoz, McAllister, Momo, Mellor, Smicer, Harkness, Babb...

Less so - Ince, Cole, Konchesky, Kewell...

Dickerty wrote: »
    If you put everything you had into playing for us, whether you were a big success or not, and however long you stayed there, we'll love you for it. Henchoz, McAllister, Momo, Mellor, Smicer, Harkness, Babb...

Less so - Ince, Cole, Konchesky, Kewell...

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

ratracer wrote: »

Thanks
    mosstin wrote: »
    I think the date for the Wolves match is very unlikely to be changed. If it is, it'll be to facilitate a 5.30pm KO as opposed to the date changing. As a rule, dates generally don't change over the festive period but KO can. I took a chance the past 2 years for Christmas period matches with no problems.

Games can be moved days for tv and if one game is moved then the others following that game are likely to move to. Amazon have the Stephens Day fixtures they may move games to the 27th to maximise viewership.

?

The team had a really good season in 2000/01, but he only made 55 appearances in two seasons, so I couldn't call him a huge success as an individual. But people loved/love him because of how hard he tries, how much he cared, and a few choice set pieces...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Team was outstanding at the weekend. Henderson played like a man possessed, made 1 mistake but was the player who sprinted back so Auba didnt have a tap in from the rebound.

I think Lallana needs to go in January, he is not good enough anymore, needs a place to retire and I don't think Liverpool is it. Everytime I see him come on he just looks so far off the pace and completely out of sync with his teammates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Barca want Trent as an alternative to Neymar, would play Trent in front 3 due to his attacking qualities
    That's the best one ever.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/08/26/barca-linked-with-bizarre-move-for-reds-man-as-neymar-alternative/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Barca want Trent as an alternative to Neymar, would play Trent in front 3 due to his attacking qualities

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/08/26/barca-linked-with-bizarre-move-for-reds-man-as-neymar-alternative/

Empire of the Kop is a terrible terrible page. Some of the transfers they touted during the windows have been laughable.

Sure Pepe and Fekir are Liverpool players now did you know that?

Dickerty wrote: »

The team had a really good season in 2000/01, but he only made 55 appearances in two seasons, so I couldn't call him a huge success as an individual. But people loved/love him because of how hard he tries, how much he cared, and a few choice set pieces...

He was a catalyst for that year though. The Everton goal, scored a couple in the run in which helped us qualify for the CL, MOTM in the UEFA cup final and scored against Barcelona in the semi. I remember thinking how wonderful it was to be playing in a major final in the League Cup, which gives some indication how bleak things were back then.
    He got sent off against Arsenal in one of his first games from memory and I was thinking what a bad signing. I mean you're right in that he didn't have a long career at Liverpool but I do think he was the best ever free signing (including Milner) and a massive success, for us.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure there are enough zeros in Barcelona's bank account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Probably be cheaper to buy Neymar.

As if he's want to leave! In 5 years, with a few PL and CL medals in the pocket, maybe he thinks "Would I like to try something else?" But as a true Scouser, I think he would be like Gerrard and stay as long as he's wanted/needed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Did anyone see Southamptons new signing Moussa Djenepo over the weekend? Someone back up the thread said he plays remarkably like Mane and having watched MOTD last night Id have to agree. Quite the bargain for £14m, he is only 21 and its early days but he caused chaos when he came on v Brighton, scored a cracker too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Did anyone see Southamptons new signing Moussa Djenepo over the weekend? Someone back up the thread said he plays remarkably like Mane and having watched MOTD last night Id have to agree. Quite the bargain for £14m, he is only 21 and its early days but he caused chaos when he came on v Brighton, scored a cracker too.

He'll be fully ready for us by the end of the season, looking forward to having him as backup for the front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We should sign Moron, we need a Moron since Moreno has left. He'd be a great signing,
    A goal and a assist against Barca yesterday.

And clearly has an air of confidence and class about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We should sign Moron, we need a Moron since Moreno has left. He'd be a great signing,
    A goal and a assist against Barca yesterday.

And clearly has an air of confidence and class about him.

Fekir scored in that game as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/26/jurgen-klopp-year-break-when-leaves-Liverpool

So where to after us? Would he be interested in reviving a struggling Utd? Would they even want him? Bayern? International Football. Back to us?
    I do think he'll leave in 2022.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

garra wrote: »
    He'll be fully ready for us by the end of the season, looking forward to having him as backup for the front 3.

Its early days but if he keeps playing like he did on Saturday we'll be wondering why we didnt pick him up ourselves before Southampton did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Its early days but if he keeps playing like he did on Saturday we'll be wondering why we didnt pick him up ourselves before Southampton did.

Our feeder club provides premiership experience for the player and de-risks the transaction for the bean counters, while maintaining a smaller and more manageable squad size for the senior team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Werner signed a new contract extension with Red Bull with release clause reported to be €30m.

Reports Barca looking to sign Can from Juve I'd guess like Coutinho it didn't work out how he would have wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/26/jurgen-klopp-year-break-when-leaves-Liverpool

So where to after us? Would he be interested in reviving a struggling Utd? Would they even want him? Bayern? International Football. Back to us?
    I do think he'll leave in 2022.

Man Utd ? Please, do you actually follow football or know anything about the football culture in England ? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'd have no problems giving klopp a year off in 2022 ,have pep take over (not that pep) for the year,and if klopp wants back in lets go again. If he wants to stay gone we will know if peps up to the task by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Klopp to United after Liverpool is one of the worst football shouts I've ever heard, outrageous.

I'm not advocating it simply posing a question. I'm kind of a person that worries about the worst that can happen irrespective of how likely it is. Klopp to Utd, Mourinho to Liverpool , being attacked by a bear etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ratracer

Games can be moved days for tv and if one game is moved then the others following that game are likely to move to. Amazon have the Stephens Day fixtures they may move games to the 27th to maximise viewership.

Thinking I’ll probably go from Fri - Mon so should be ok, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

About time our feeder club haven't produced anyone for us since Van Dijk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

[QUOTE=gimli2112;111085367]I'm not advocating it simply posing a question. I'm kind of a person that worries about the worst that can happen irrespective of how likely it is. Klopp to Utd, Mourinho to Liverpool , being attacked by a bear etc.[/QUOTE]

I think that was pretty obvious from you post I don't know why anyone would think any differently to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm not advocating it simply posing a question. I'm kind of a person that worries about the worst that can happen irrespective of how likely it is. Klopp to Utd, Mourinho to Liverpool , being attacked by a bear etc.

Are we talking a full-on mauling here or just being swatted around a bit and left with some cuts and bruises?

Either option is still better than Mourinho ever being considered to manage our club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

The Guardian link is 404'd

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement