Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

martyos121 wrote: »
    Are we talking a full-on mauling here or just being swatted around a bit and left with some cuts and bruises?

Either option is still better than Mourinho ever being considered to manage our club.

I've seen people being chased by bears on youtube, it doesn't look like fun. I've no idea what happens if the bear catches you. It probably doesn't end well. Either scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just remembered that time where we didn't play Matip for a few games because he was pulling out of the Cameroon squad and FIFA wouldn't get back to us for weeks to explain whether or not he was suspended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've seen people being chased by bears on youtube, it doesn't look like fun. I've no idea what happens if the bear catches you. It probably doesn't end well. Either scenario.

It depends on the time of the year. If they are getting ready to hibernate, they will kill and eat you. Look up the Werner Herzog documentary "Grizzly Man". That poor, unstable man and his girlfriend got eaten because they stayed too long. The bears will not eat you during high summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

It depends on the time of the year. If they are getting ready to hibernate, they will kill and eat you. Look up the Werner Herzog documentary "Grizzly Man". That poor, unstable man and his girlfriend got eaten because they stayed too long. The bears will not eat you during high summer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXzgn2g_W-A
    This is how you deal with hungry bears....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Werner signed a new contract extension with Red Bull with release clause reported to be €30m.

Reports Barca looking to sign Can from Juve I'd guess like Coutinho it didn't work out how he would have wanted.

Werner will still go to Bayern. Can went for the money and can't blame him it was a ton of money I can see him ending up a Bayern as well in a year or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXzgn2g_W-A
    This is how you deal with hungry bears....

you will find all kinds of useful information on this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Hmmm bears.

Strangely not Panda bears however! Its like before, but different!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ardinn wrote: »
    Hmmm bears.

It’s all grizzly bears and brunch now, we’re evolving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

ardinn wrote: »
    Hmmm bears.

It's not quite the polar opposite but it's not far off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Eye sea what you did their.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

5ef86a633573006f4f523930547a9875.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭chicorytip

garra wrote: »
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its early days but if he keeps playing like he did on Saturday we'll be wondering why we didnt pick him up ourselves before Southampton did.

Our feeder club provides premiership experience for the player and de-risks the transaction for the bean counters, while maintaining a smaller and more manageable squad size for the senior team.
    Southampton has given a lot to Liverpool.
    Liverpool has given it Danny Ings in return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Brewster goal then a shocking mistake by Hoever.

Hoever & Van Den Berg don't look ready for the 1st team judging by the opening 15 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MD1990 wrote: »
    Hoever & Van Den Berg don't look ready for the 1st team judging by the opening 15 mins.

You do realize they are both 17 don't you? De Ligt is the only one I can remember in recent times breaking into a first team at that age and Ajax aren't even on our level so it's easier to bring someone though especially when they are as good as him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just watching the U23s now I've seen that link, a few decent attacks late in the half. The problem with these U23 sides is that they're often a bit of a pick and mix - why on earth is Chirivella still on the books for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Brewster showing why he should never be allowed near the club ever again!
    Am I doing that right???

The other 2 will play maybe domestic cup games. The idea that Hoever could step in for Trent or Van den Berg come in for a senior defender in a league game when we rotate is fanciful. Just keep praying we don't get injuries as Gomez is our only cover until Lovren maybe returns to the squad when the window shuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Don't watch much of the u23's but Curtis Jones was very good in that 1st half, Brewster as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

That slow/dry pitch is doing nobody any favours, they're having to belt it to make a simple pass.

The sprinklers were on at HT, the south coast is baking this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Can we still make an agreement to sign someone next summer while the transfer window is still open elsewhere in Europe?

I'd love a Naby Keita-style deal to be announced

Not if it's a loan back deal as that requires registration. I think

A pre-release agreement for next January would be possible, but who would be available that you'd want?

Liverpool corners are deadly at all levels.

(pity the fella who is called Smallbone, even worse than Dixon-Boner! :D)

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You do realize they are both 17 don't you? De Ligt is the only one I can remember in recent times breaking into a first team at that age and Ajax aren't even on our level so it's easier to bring someone though especially when they are as good as him.
    ERG89 wrote: »
    Brewster showing why he should never be allowed near the club ever again!
    Am I doing that right???

The other 2 will play maybe domestic cup games. The idea that Hoever could step in for Trent or Van den Berg come in for a senior defender in a league game when we rotate is fanciful. Just keep praying we don't get injuries as Gomez is our only cover until Lovren maybe returns to the squad when the window shuts.
    :confused:
    All I have said is I dont think certain are ready for the 1st team yet. Not that they wont be in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Nice. But now i want to watch The Leftovers all over again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Not if it's a loan back deal as that requires registration. I think

A pre-release agreement for next January would be possible, but who would be available that you'd want?

Naby wasn't a loan back deal, it was buy at a point in future for a fee agreed now. We didn't own him until the summer but agreement was already in place. I think Milan Baros was a similar deal though that was more an agreement that he'd join once he had enough appearances for a work permit.

The likes of Origi, le Tallec, Pongolle on the other hand, were purchases that went back on loan straight away before joining.

I'd be interested in Ryan Fraser most of all, though I think his contract is expiring so it's a different case - and already at an EPL club - but I think we should be going all out to sign him for next summer on a free. I'd probably be against bringing him or anyone else of that level in January unless we lose a player or have a real need at that point.

My foreign league knowledge, outside of Ajax and Holland, is pretty poor these days but Kai Havertz is somebody I think looks great everytime I see him. Bruno Fernandes also has excellent stats, the kind of player you see on City's bench week in week out. Depth like that gets us to the next level.

Gallagher on and Longstaff on.

Soton got one back 2-3

Jones has been good.
    Brewster was good before being subbed probably was pre planned.

Van Den Berg has been poor. Hoever poor mistake but been good since.

2-4 Liverpool with Longstaff. Soton were doing pretty well, Barnes a big threat for them.

Nico Williams for Harvey Elliot.

FT 2-4, Brewster, Jones, Chivirella, Longstaff.

Hoever was pronounced as Whoever by Soton TV.

• Advertisement

Can't wait till we hear weekly from pundits that Hoever is hoovering up everything at the back.

Hoever is much better going forward than defending so looks an RB rather than a CB.

Looks a good understudy to Trent in a few seasons. Mayb just some cup appearances this year.
    Van Den Berg showed some classy play but overall had a very poor game.

Attacking players were all very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Adrian touches the sign :)

Looking at Klopp over the last few weeks he looks a lot healthier lost some weight and it looks like he doesn't have the pressure of the club and City and fanbase on his shoulders now that he won the European Cup.

It looks like he has freedom to enjoy football again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Adrian touches the sign :)

Just him and Hendo I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

8-10 wrote: »
    Can we still make an agreement to sign someone next summer while the transfer window is still open elsewhere in Europe?

I'd love a Naby Keita-style deal to be announced
    It's possible to make a deal to sign a player from another club at any time including during a transfer ban, however their registration can only be changed during a transfer window.

Atletico signed Costa during their transfer ban but his registration could only be completed in the transfer window following the completion of the ban so for almost six months he could train with but not play for his new team.

There's nothing to prevent Liverpool from agreeing a deal to sign a player next summer. The club didn't loan Keita back to Leipzig after the deal was announced, he was their player until the transfer was completed the following summer. That's why they were able to demand a ridiculous fee in order to allow Keita leave in the winter transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

2-4 Liverpool with Longstaff. Soton were doing pretty well, Barnes a big threat for them.

Nico Williams for Harvey Elliot.

FT 2-4, Brewster, Jones, Chivirella, Longstaff.

Hoever was pronounced as Whoever by Soton TV.

Chirivella must have gotten some contract when he signed here as he's here 6 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I kind of see now why there's so little activity on the Man City thread. When you're winning all the time there's f-all to post about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I kind of see now why there's so little activity on the Man City thread. When you're winning all the time there's f-all to post about.

Ya its like Arsenal fan tv, its only attractive to watch when they lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'd like to get Real Madrid in group stage, would be two glamour legs, they'd beat us, we'd beat them most likely. Would be very good games though.

We'd make it through any group, it's the two leg ties where we'd shine.

• Advertisement

No Meltdown on Monday
    No Terror on Tuesday
    No Woe on Wednesday
    No Theatrics for Thursday
    No Flare up Friday
    Not a sausage on Saturday
    Just Satisfaction on Sunday.

Burnley 1 - 0 Liverpool :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I'd like to get Real Madrid in group stage, would be two glamour legs, they'd beat us, we'd beat them most likely. Would be very good games though.

I'm at the stage now with this team where I think Madrid would do very well to beat us home or away. It's quite the turnaround especially when you consider that when we got to the CL under Rodgers we essentially threw the two ties against them. No amount of explaining away will ever make me understand why we did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

05.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^
    Taken during the Champions League quarter final against Spurs at the Etihad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mosstin wrote: »
    I'm at the stage now with this team where I think Madrid would do very well to beat us home or away. It's quite the turnaround especially when you consider that when we got to the CL under Rodgers we essentially threw the two ties against them. No amount of explaining away will ever make me understand why we did that.

The capitulation in Madrid was an utterly embarrassing low point of his reign. Every bit as bad as the 6 - 1 hammering in Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I'd fancy the Pool to beat Madrid home and away if drawn together in the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Agree whole heartedly with the sentiment but more important is that the Dec CL fixture is a dead rubber with the group already won so Klopp can rotate ahead of the Christmas madness and Club WC. So, get Real and a couple of minnows and put it to bed in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I wouldn't want to go near Real Madrid now that they've got Hazard, we've never been able to handle him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Couldn't really care who we get, its us they will all be looking to avoid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement