Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

He was not sent down for drink driving, it was for failing to provide a breath sample, different offence.

Ferdinandesque ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Say that again in 3 months when they are all injured ;)

You`ve jinxed it now

VVD, Gomez, Matip, Lovren, (Fabinho)

It's LB we needed cover @ not Centre Half, Robertson is going to have to play an awful lot of games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

He was not sent down for drink driving, it was for failing to provide a breath sample, different offence.

ah ok I read it as the same thing. the article inferred he didn't give one because he was drunk but I jumped to a conclusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

A coalition of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham supporter groups has called on Uefa to improve the experience of fans at European finals and to avoid awarding showpiece occasions to countries with questionable human-rights records.
    Reaching a Champions League or Europa League final should be a wonderful experience for a club’s supporters. Instead, they can face a struggle just to attend the match. Problems range from inadequate numbers of tickets being awarded to the finalists through to all-but-impossible travel arrangements. Too often fans who had supported their clubs in every round up to the final were left out of pocket or not able to attend the final at all.

“Tomorrow’s much hyped draw will involve everybody from the football family except the very people without whom there would be no European football – its supporters. We call on Uefa to strengthen its dialogue with fans and request they start by engaging with groups like ourselves to discuss the proposals we have put forward.

Full article can be read here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/28/fans-uefa-final-tickets-human-rights-record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

UEFA will definitely change now. They always put the fans first, we all know that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    VVD, Gomez, Matip, Lovren, (Fabinho)

It's LB we needed cover @ not Centre Half, Robertson is going to have to play an awful lot of games

Milner is probably who will slot in, doubt Adam Lewis will get any game time.

klose wrote: »
    Milner is probably who will slot in, doubt Adam Lewis will get any game time.

yeah, and as much as I am a fan of Milner we are a completely different (weaker) proposition with him @ Left full...

hopefully we won't need him there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Dickerty wrote: »
    UEFA will definitely change now. They always put the fans first, we all know that...

they'll first need to solve the conundrum of how to replace all the bribe money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Knex. wrote: »
    A coalition of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham supporter groups has called on Uefa to improve the experience of fans at European finals and to avoid awarding showpiece occasions to countries with questionable human-rights records.

Full article can be read here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/28/fans-uefa-final-tickets-human-rights-record

I wonder what the Man City owners stance on this is?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-has-happened-bury-liverpool-16826021

I know if I was a footballer on 250k a week that I'd donate a weeks wages. It's sad that a club is lost to the wolves of business. We were on brink, easy to forget.
    It's crazy considering the billions in the PL , that clubs can't donate a lousy 250k each to help another club.

https://twitter.com/BayernForumCom/status/1165727710913732608/photo/1

50 million times, geez must have had some free time on his hands.

Results show nothing except we can draw anyone from Pot 2 except Spuurs

• Advertisement

€90 I am tempted but It's bloody €90.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057635672

https://twitter.com/BayernForumCom/status/1165727710913732608/photo/1

50 million times, geez must have had some free time on his hands.

Results show nothing except we can draw anyone from Pot 2 except Spuurs

Well all they did was run a computer simulation for the weekend.

I'd take anyone except the Madrids, if I had a choice...

With two Spanish sides in Pot 2 Barca get a easy group it seems, as they can't draw the top best teams , Real, and Atletico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

€90 I am tempted but It's bloody €90.

Nah. Get the home keeper Jersey if you don't have it. Nicest one I've bought in yonks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/bobbyduncan999/status/1166699179038642176

dont know what to make of this.

He has mental health problems because he isnt being allowed leave as no suitable offer came in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's crazy considering the billions in the PL , that clubs can't donate a lousy 250k each to help another club.

Clubs cant just "donate" money to one another. This isnt La Liga in the 90's

Edit. It appears from a quick googlw it's still ok for Spanish teams to give each other bonuses as an incentive to beat another team. Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-has-happened-bury-liverpool-16826021

I know if I was a footballer on 250k a week that I'd donate a weeks wages. It's sad that a club is lost to the wolves of business. We were on brink, easy to forget.

This may not be a popular thing to say but if PL clubs set a precedent like that it would create a significant moral hazard whereby every club that gets into trouble in the future would think they too will get a bail out from the PL clubs.

Where are the Bury fans in all of this? Given the club is bankrupt why haven't they been organising to raise the funds to take it over themselves a la http://www.shareliverpoolfc.co.uk? It's been through a company voluntary arrangement process so is debt free. The cost to take it over was rock bottom.

Just because something is old and has history doesn't mean it has a divine right to survive. If it can't stand on it's own two feet then it's no longer viable which is sad.

Seems silly not to just continue to progress under the clubs guidance. Someone clearly in his ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/bobbyduncan999/status/1166699179038642176

dont know what to make of this.

He has mental health problems because he isnt being allowed leave as no suitable offer came in.

That's a very odd statement, both in the content and the tone - and the repeated mentions of "a very small salary".

There must have been a total collapse in relationship between the club and the player in the last few weeks because a month ago, he was on the pre-season tour, posting pictures with Klopp, Harry Wilson, etc.

If any player is dead set on leaving, he would be allowed go I think. The club has not stood in the way of that in recent seasons and, presumably, just didn't feel that the deals offered met their valuation.

If he is struggling with mental health issues, I hope he gets the support and help that he needs.

Send him on loan to his cousin up at Rangers.

His new buy out clause is a reported €30m.

We could get that for Lallana & Shaq.
    Timo Werner would only leave Germany for a club like Barcelona, Liverpool, or Real Madrid, according to Sport Bild. #RBL #Barca #LFC #Real

https://twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/status/1166621902519095298?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dickerty wrote: »

I always wondered why that thread is allowed but we couldn't post clips of goals or links to streams of games. Surely this is just as bad?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I always wondered why that thread is allowed but we couldn't post clips of goals or links to streams of games. Surely this is just as bad?

Boards is full of contradictions.

That is one.

You can't discus rivers here in the soccer thread but you can find how to get them openly in plenty of other forums on Boards.ie.

You can't discuss Netflix region jumping yet there is a thread allowed that explains how to jump Amazon Prime regions.

I guess they Boards.ie owners just make up as they go along.

Duncan's agent 3 days ago

9sCZNcd.png

Oh Bobby Duncan, what a pile of sh!te you've landed yourself into.

• Advertisement

Also, that announcement is hardly going to help the lads mental health if he is indeed suffering with it. Nobody comes out of that looking good, but his agent looks like a special kind of moron.

He's also highlighted his own ineptitude by saying how crap a salary package he negotiated for him 12 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

His agent seems like he hasn’t a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Tomw86

If the behaviour of Liverpool is true according to his agents statement then they need to take a long hard look at themselves as it is a disgraceful way to treat any player, let alone a young upcoming one.
    That is regardless of who is related to, that should be irrelevant.

They need to either let him go or offer him a new longer term deal. If they don't see him playing for the first team then what is the problem?

Knex. wrote: »
    Also, that announcement is hardly going to help the lads mental health if he is indeed suffering with it. Nobody comes out of that looking good, but his agent looks like a special kind of moron.

He's also highlighted his own ineptitude by saying how crap a salary package he negotiated for him 12 months ago.

He got a move twice and Liverpool changed the goal posts. A lot of players earn very little at the start until their progress is monitored - the same could be said for the agent of Joe Gomez or TAA who were not on enough until they broke in to the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

His new buy out clause is a reported €30m.

We could get that for Lallana & Shaq.

https://twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/status/1166621902519095298?s=20

His buyout clause starts at €60 million this season, with every year of his contract it reduces by €6-10 milliom until it reaches €30 million ;)

Tomw86 wrote: »
    If the behaviour of Liverpool is true according to his agents statement then they need to take a long hard look at themselves as it is a disgraceful way to treat any player, let alone a young upcoming one.

They need to either let him go or offer him a new longer term deal. If they don't see him playing for the first team then what is the problem?

You mean the club don't want to sell because the valuation hasn't been met? Yea that's shocking.

Duncan signed his contract last year and he wouldn't have done that if he wasn't happy with the figure. Maybe his agent didn't advise him properly.

He's done something similar when at City as well by the way. City didn't let him move and made him run down his contract.

He got a move twice and Liverpool changed the goal posts. A lot of players earn very little at the start until their progress is monitored - the same could be said for the agent of Joe Gomez or TAA who were not on enough until they broke in to the first team.

Er, Liverpool are honouring the contract that was signed. He and his agent aren’t. Liverpool aren’t under any obligation to loan/sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

I suspect the loan with obligation has to do with games played or appearances. The club taking the player will be oblieged to play him X amount of times per season....

Loan with option....they can buy him at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Kind of a shocking statement from the agent that seems as though he's trying to exploit people's sympathy towards mental health issues to get a move for Duncan. If you really cared about your client's mental health you wouldn't make a public statement like this that is absolutely guaranteed to worsen his mental health by subjecting him to torrents of abuse from pissed off fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

His buyout clause starts at €60 million this season, with every year of his contract it reduces by €6-10 milliom until it reaches €30 million ;)

Lad don't take this the wrong way now i know you live in germany so you have that. I have been reading the thread for about a year before joining up and i would say 99% of what you say about your itk in germany has been wrong when it comes to Liverpool so for now ill take what papers are saying about his clause over your german itk.

Kind of a shocking statement from the agent that seems as though he's trying to exploit people's sympathy towards mental health issues to get a move for Duncan. If you really cared about your client's mental health you wouldn't make a public statement like this that is absolutely guaranteed to worsen his mental health by subjecting him to torrents of abuse from pissed off fans.

Yep. Duncan has already deleted the agent’s tweet from his own timeline because the replies were unanimously in the club’s favour and telling him to sack his agent. No abuse that I saw anyway. He’s misread this massively and needs a new agent.

eigrod wrote: »
    Er, Liverpool are honouring the contract that was signed. He and his agent aren’t. Liverpool aren’t under any obligation to loan/sell him.

I agree - Liverpool aren't under an obligation to sell or loan him, but what is the point in keeping an unhappy young player who they won't offer a new deal to as they clearly don't think hes going to make it, thus wasting a year of a short career.

They won't get anything for him next summer so why keep him now? Are Liverpool doing this just because they can and because he wants to leave? If so then that is poor behaviour to anyone with proper morals.

I agree - Liverpool aren't under an obligation to sell or loan him, but what is the point in keeping an unhappy young player who they won't offer a new deal to as they clearly don't think hes going to make it, thus wasting a year of a short career.

They won't get anything for him next summer so why keep him now? Are Liverpool doing this just because they can and because he wants to leave? If so then that is poor behaviour to anyone with proper morals.

If it's a mental health issue why does he mention his salary?

He's not out of contract until 2022 I think.

Also a Chelsea fan probably shouldn't be telling another club how to treat youth players. You lads haven't a great track record yourselves.

I don’t know what Liverpool’s plans for him are, nor do you and I certainly don’t believe a word of what his agent has put out. A quick look at the agent’s Twitter Account shows how clueless he is. As pointed out above, they did the same thing at Man City. Best advice he could take now is to get a new agent and go back to the table with the club to agree a future with the club or elsewhere. Not sure too many club’s will want him with this agent or this attitude, however.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    He's not out of contract until 2022 I think.

Also a Chelsea fan probably shouldn't be telling another club how to treat youth players. You lads haven't a great track record yourselves.

I knew being a Chelsea fan would be raised, but how we treat our youth players and players who want to leave the club is morally sound - if they want to go then we let them go. See De Bruyne, Lukaku, Thorgan Hazard, etc.

Please link any articles where we have been accused of bullying or holding players against their will?

eigrod wrote: »
    I don’t know what Liverpool’s plans for him are, nor do you and I certainly don’t believe a word of what his agent has put out. A quick look at the agent’s Twitter Account shows how clueless he is. As pointed out above, they did the same thing at Man City. Best advice he could take now is to get a new agent and go back to the table with the club to agree a future with the club or elsewhere. Not sure too many club’s will want him with this agent or this attitude, however.

He did sit down with the club and it was agreed he could leave.....

I knew being a Chelsea fan would be raised, but how we treat our youth players and players who want to leave the club is morally sound - if they want to go then we let them go. See De Bruyne, Lukaku, Thorgan Hazard, etc.

Please link any articles where we have been accused of bullying or holding players against their will?

As you say, “accused” - perhaps wait for the true situation to be clear before believing a clueless agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

So says the agent. Reports yesterday in various tabloids indicated that Liverpool had told interested clubs that Duncan wasn't for sale.

None of us know the reality here - but an agent pulling a stunt of publicly trying to embarrass a club into releasing a player (at any stage in their career) usually isn't a good sign for the player, the agent or anyone else involved.

Were you there, or simply wishing to believe the agent so you can score some points against the club?

Carragher putting the agent in his place now - the agent’s reply is pathetic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement