Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Tomw86

eigrod wrote: »
    As you say, “accused” - perhaps wait for the true situation to be clear before believing a clueless agent.

You didn't answer my question...where have Chelsea been accused of mistreating a player in this manner?

You implied they had....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

his agent taking a swipe at Carragher now

So says the agent. Reports yesterday in various tabloids indicated that Liverpool had told interested clubs that Duncan wasn't for sale.

None of us know the reality here - but an agent pulling a stunt of publicly trying to embarrass a club into releasing a player (at any stage in their career) usually isn't a good sign for the player, the agent or anyone else involved.
    Were you there, or simply wishing to believe the agent so you can score some points against the club?

Carragher putting the agent in his place now - the agent’s reply is pathetic.

I am indeed going by the agents statement that has come out as it is all there is to go on. I will be happy to apologise if Liverpool come out with an official statement and proof to the contrary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Tomw86 wrote: »
    You didn't answer my question...where have Chelsea been accused of mistreating a player in this manner?

You implied they had....

I never mentioned Chelsea ffs.

Were you there, or simply wishing to believe the agent so you can score some points against the club?

Carragher putting the agent in his place now - the agent’s reply is pathetic.

Was Carragher there? Didn't know he worked in negotiations of player contracts at Liverpool :pac::pac::pac::pac:

And as a matter of fact I actually think Liverpool have done incredible business in building the club back to the top and that Klopp is the best manager in the League - I have no interest in point scoring off Liverpool as a club.

I never mentioned Chelsea ffs.

Sorry, that was another poster.

Was Carragher there? Didn't know he worked in negotiations of player contracts at Liverpool :pac::pac::pac::pac:

He knows the lad personally, knows the family (as stated in his Tweet), he knows how agents work and he certainly knows more than an internet troll trying to score points against a club over something they know nothing about.

@Carra23 I think @bobbyduncan999 should leave this guy before he gets sacked by the club”

Good advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You implied they had....

That was me and I never said/implied "in this manner".

I clearly said with the way Chelsea treat youth players. That refers to their treatment overall. Tapping up, constant loans, no route into the first team bar this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Er, Liverpool are honouring the contract that was signed. He and his agent aren’t. Liverpool aren’t under any obligation to loan/sell him.

Precisely, we are honoring his contract and are willing to do a deal for his sale.

It's not as if Liverpool take out contracts on dozens of really promising younger players and keep them on the books, rarely playing them and stifling their careers in the hope of making a few quid down the line... Like other clubs ... such as Chelsea!!!

• Advertisement

He knows the lad personally, knows the family (as stated in his Tweet), he knows how agents work and he certainly knows more than an internet troll trying to score points against a club over something they know nothing about.

I've no interest in point scoring against a club such as Liverpool and never have. They've been a club I respect for their history and the way they coduct business. I also like a lot of their managers both current and former.

I'm not a troll - a statement has come out from a players agent and so far the club have not denied it directly.

Carragher can say what he wants on the matter on twitter as neither you nor I know if he has spoken to the lad or his family lately. I know the family of a Dublin footballer but it doesn't mean I know his personal thoughts on things or that they would share anything with someone who is a pundit.

garra wrote: »
    Precisely, we are honoring his contract and are willing to do a deal for his sale.

It's not as if Liverpool take out contracts on dozens of really promising younger players and keep them on the books, rarely playing them and stifling their careers in the hope of making a few quid down the line... Like other clubs ... such as Chelsea!!!

I think you'll find Chelsea send them on loan to get them first team football - you're clearly not the smartest.

And when/if they look to leave they are allowed to - albeit on the clubs terms.

Homophobic Tweet from the agent in 2012 now been resurrected. Hee seems like a right weapon. Reckon he’s ruined his own career today. Just hope he hasn’t brought the young player down with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Some of the tweets being dug up now from that agent

he'll deactivate by the end of the day

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That was me and I never said/implied "in this manner".

I clearly said with the way Chelsea treat youth players. That refers to their treatment overall. Tapping up, constant loans, no route into the first team bar this season.

But where has a youth player or agent come out and attacked the club for the way they are treated? Please link that....

Tapping up doesn't actually effect a player, it effects the club they are at at the time and actually happens all the time anyway :rolleyes:. Some youth players will get first team experience at Senior clubs through loans and eventually go on to very successfully first team careers through this, even if it is not at Chelsea - see De Bruyne and Lukaku as some prominent examples. Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Hodson-Odoi, Christensen, Reece James all current squad members and 3 of them played regularly last season.

Out of interest, when was the last top class player that came out of the Liverpool academy, be it playing for them or elsewhere?

gwalk wrote: »
    Some of the tweets being dug up now from that agent

he'll deactivate by the end of the day

Unbelievable
    https://twitter.com/_ifcjay/status/1166720269249105921?s=21

I don't have twitter as its mostly full of rubbish.

Have the club made any statement on the accusation yet?

I don't have twitter as its mostly full of rubbish.

Have the club made any statement on the accusation yet?

No. I don’t think they need to now - the useless agent is doing a great PR job for the club since his original Tweet. His license has to be revoked.

I think you'll find Chelsea send them on loan to get them first team football - you're clearly not the smartest.

No need for the personal insult, debate the post and not the poster. If you can't be civil just bog off lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

But where has a youth player or agent come out and attacked the club for the way they are treated? Please link that....

Tapping up doesn't actually effect a player, it effects the club they are at at the time and actually happens all the time anyway :rolleyes:. Some youth players will get first team experience at Senior clubs through loans and eventually go on to very successfully first team careers through this, even if it is not at Chelsea - see De Bruyne and Lukaku as some prominent examples. Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Hodson-Odoi, Christensen, Reece James all current squad members and 3 of them played regularly last season.

Out of interest, when was the last top class player that came out of the Liverpool academy, be it playing for them or elsewhere?

Was there not charges brought against a former Chelsea youth team coach recently for abusing kids? That's pretty serious.

TAA is pretty top class. Think Gomez was in the youth set up for a while as well but could be wrong. Sterling came through the academy as well after coming from QPR.

Duncan's agent also believes it was "an utter disgrace that Adam Johnson got time in the first place". Good luck in his next career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

hlc2qrmhf7j31.png

Duncan's agent also believes it was "an utter disgrace that Adam Johnson got time in the first place". Good luck in his next career.
    Did you see his “joke” about a 14 year old Chinese girl? I wouldn’t even repost it here it’s so disgusting. He’s deleting them now but too late as they’ve all been screen grabbed. Has to lose his license and his original statement has backfired massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Christ it's actually somehow even worse than I expected

bob.jpg

No need for the personal insult, debate the post and not the poster. If you can't be civil just bog off lad.

Your post was completely misleading on how Chelsea use their youth players, hence my insult - you make an accusation against the club I'll make one against you.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was there not charges brought against a former Chelsea youth team coach recently for abusing kids? That's pretty serious.

TAA is pretty top class. Think Gomez was in the youth set up for a while as well but could be wrong. Sterling came through the academy as well after coming from QPR.

I had forgotten about TAA actually - Gomez came from Charlton and went almost straight to the first team, unless I'm mistaken.

Sterling, good point there.

I had forgotten about TAA actually - Gomez came from Charlton and went almost straight to the first team, unless I'm mistaken.

Sterling, good point there.

Conor Coady, Jordan Ibe, Harry Wilson, Ben Woodburn, all either playing PL currently and/or International football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

His buyout clause starts at €60 million this season, with every year of his contract it reduces by €6-10 milliom until it reaches €30 million ;)

Don't get the hype with this guy, anytime I've watched him I'm not seen a top level player.

Club have put out a statement re Bobby Duncan situation:

#LFC spokesman in response to today's statement issued by Bobby Duncan's agent: "Liverpool Football Club is aware of and disappointed by the unattributed comments and unfounded allegations that have been made in the media regarding one of our players.

As the interests of the player in question are not best served by either inaccurate speculation, inflammatory statements or public discourse, we will be making no further comment.

We will, however, continue our efforts to work privately with the player to find resolution in the best interests of all involved."

We will, however, continue our efforts to work privately with the player to find resolution in the best interests of all involved."

Just a hunch, but I doubt that includes the agent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I knew being a Chelsea fan would be raised, but how we treat our youth players and players who want to leave the club is morally sound - if they want to go then we let them go. See De Bruyne, Lukaku, Thorgan Hazard, etc.

Chelsea have a fairly checkered history in how youth players have been treated, at times criminally. It’s irrelevant to this though.

I sympathize with anyone suffering from mental health issues, but I find this complaint difficult to believe on the basis of the emphasis on salary.

Conor Coady, Jordan Ibe, Harry Wilson, Ben Woodburn, all either playing PL currently and/or International football.

Ibe and Woodburn - don't make me laugh :rolleyes::rolleyes: Coady is excellent and I think Wilson will be too.

In that case you can throw in Abraham, Ampadu, Kenedy and Tomori in. One won't make it in Kenedy but the others are all currently PL/Top flight and/or international players

Also, note Van Ginkel and Ake have played for Holland. Romeu for Spain (underages) and Bertrand for England - all much higher quality.

All these players as well as those previously mentioned have benefitted from loans during their time with Chelsea. All were allowed to leave when they wanted first team football elsewhere or deemed not yet ready.

Club have put out a statement re Bobby Duncan situation:

#LFC spokesman in response to today's statement issued by Bobby Duncan's agent: "Liverpool Football Club is aware of and disappointed by the unattributed comments and unfounded allegations that have been made in the media regarding one of our players.

As the interests of the player in question are not best served by either inaccurate speculation, inflammatory statements or public discourse, we will be making no further comment.

Fair play to them - I hope the lad can move on (both from his agent and the club if that's his wishes) and make a career for himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Fair play to them - I hope the lad can move on (both from his agent and the club if that's his wishes) and make a career for himself.
    Proper statement from the club.
    Agent talks of the lads mental health, then drags this into the public/media domain. Noticeable how he keeps referring to the players wages; no doubt he just wants more money for the player so he can get a bigger cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

That agent will be releasing another statement asap id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Surreal that somebody with that level of ignorance is actually making a decent wage as a football agent. Christ, I'd nearly give it a go myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

Isn't that what Liverpool are trying to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Poor Michael Edwards being dragged into it now.

Bobby Duncan to his agent... https://streamable.com/aogtz

• Advertisement

Judging by that interview he thought he was in the first team squad to stay.

Looks like Lovren off to Roma is back on with a loan to buy like the Ings deal last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That won’t go down well with one or two but I agree. Same with Carragher.

I was a massive fan of Carra, as a footballer he played above his skill level, but never looked out of place. He had heart, passion and an attitude that a lot of young footballers would do well to copy.
    One of my favourite memories of Istanbul was Carra hobbling one minute, making blocks the next. It really summed him up as a player.
    I actually wanted to call my daughter Jamie but Mrs .red. was having none of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Proper statement from the club.
    Agent talks of the lads mental health, then drags this into the public/media domain. Noticeable how he keeps referring to the players wages; no doubt he just wants more money for the player so he can get a bigger cut.

It is difficult to take the mental health issues seriously when the implication is that a loan to Fiorentina and an increased salary will miraculously cure them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Less than helpful story in grauniad,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/28/liverpool-bobby-duncan-deny-mentally-bullying-agent

If they want to do some actual journalism then Andy Hunter should be asking the club some questions and the agent likewise rather than just reprinting statements verbatim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Judging by that interview he thought he was in the first team squad to stay.

Carra intimated that too, "young players want everything now". The fella obviously thought he'd made it, was about to be the new teen sensation like Owen and Fowler, when Klopp sent him and the other kids back home from the Evian training camp he obviously realised things weren't going that way and maybe threw his toys out the pram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Less than helpful story in grauniad,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/28/liverpool-bobby-duncan-deny-mentally-bullying-agent

If they want to do some actual journalism then Andy Hunter should be asking the club some questions and the agent likewise rather than just reprinting statements verbatim.

Given that the club said they wouldn't make any further statement and that the agent appears to have disappeared since being swarmed by Liverpool fans mid afternoon, what extra info is Hunter meant to include?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

If Duncan wanted to leave could he just not say that he wants to leave ? Why make up what looks like an unbelievable story ?

If I was a manager looking at him I would be thinking twice now, this lad and his agent look like too much bother.

The lad probably though he would get chances and a start at Liverpool because he is Gerrard's cousin even if he isn't good enough so maybe he does have mental health issues for believing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The lad probably though he would get chances and a start at Liverpool because he is Gerrard's cousin even if he isn't good enough so maybe he does have mental health issues for believing that.

As far as the underage setup goes, he was top class last year in fairness... there's talent there, even if ultimately that still probably won't be enough to play for LFC, given how astoundingly high that bar is. But as a lad who's probably been the best striker in every team at every level he's played at, you can understand a certain amount of cockiness... probably hard to succeed without it really.

Unlike some of the unbelievably mature young lads, Bobby comes across as his age, so it's just a shame he didn't have an agent with a bit more cop on who was looking after him better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement