Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Ship him off to Rangers

Let his cousin sort him out

A year of getting lumps kicked out of him by Scottish defenders will knock the notions out of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    As far as the underage setup goes, he was top class last year in fairness... there's talent there, even if ultimately that still probably won't be enough to play for LFC, given how astoundingly high that bar is. But as a lad who's probably been the best striker in every team at every level he's played at, you can understand a certain amount of cockiness... probably hard to succeed without it really.

Unlike some of the unbelievably mature young lads, Bobby comes across as his age, so it's just a shame he didn't have an agent with a bit more cop on who was looking after him better.

I could list 10 young lads since Neil Mellor was smashing records at that age group that have been top class at underage level at Liverpool and wouldn't even be champion level as senior pro's when they left Liverpool underage system.

Burnley we’ll beaten by Sunderland not sure how many of there first teasers are playing thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Burnley we’ll beaten by Sunderland not sure how many of there first teasers are playing thought.

I think one. Other than McNeill that looks like their second string side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I could list 10 young lads since Neil Mellor was smashing records at that age group that have been top class at underage level at Liverpool and wouldn't even be champion level as senior pro's when they left Liverpool underage system.

Totally... objectively speaking, every player is pretty much absolutely insane for following the path their taking, the odds of success are so low, but through every stage of their careers it's pretty much built into all of them that they can make it... if they didn't believe that, they wouldn't be doing it.

I just mean that just about every young player is in some level of self delusion to be doing what they're doing. And the very few lucky ones end up being proven right, in a "just because im paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me" sort of way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Ship him off to Rangers

Let his cousin sort him out

A year of getting lumps kicked out of him by Scottish defenders will knock the notions out of him

Half the Liverpool defence came from that league, arguably two of the best defensive players in the world. They're not all only capable of kicking lumps!!

This has become a big story, I see it's the headline on the BBC football homepage. Not sure where they'll go from here, but this guy Duncan really seems to have shot himself in the foot. I hope the club take action against these false accusations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Half the Liverpool defence came from that league, arguably two of the best defensive players in the world. They're not all only capable of kicking lumps!!

This has become a big story, I see it's the headline on the BBC football homepage. Not sure where they'll go from here, but this guy Duncan really seems to have shot himself in the foot. I hope the club take action against these false accusations

I don't think it's him. I'd say it's the agent behind everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I don't think it's him. I'd say it's the agent behind everything.

The Guardian article seemed to suggest that he'd retweeted and pinned the agent's tweet, though has since deleted that.

In any case the agent is acting on his behalf. If he's not behind his agent's statement then he'd have to sack the agent right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Liverpool just drew MK Don's away in the 3rd round of the Carabao Cup

MK Dons away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

MK Dons, we've no hope of winning that game, I'm sure we will lose, fingers crossed.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1166653839178633216/video/1

Mane making a fool of Gini and Trent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Is the draw for the champions league group stages tomorrow or Friday and what time is it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Is the draw for the champions league group stages tomorrow or Friday and what time is it on?

5pm tomorrow

Would be nice if Kelleher played at MK Dons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lettuce not forget how MK Dons away can be a tough draw.

Would Benitez be welcome back if Klopp make a clean break. He'd be a safe pair of hands for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

10 changes from the weekend

Lettuce not forget how MK Dons away can be a tough draw.

Let's not forget this Liverpool side is one of the top 2 teams in world club football and one of the best in the last decade anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Would Benitez be welcome back if Klopp make a clean break. He'd be a safe pair of hands for sure.

No doubting his ability and love for the club but he's too abrasive in his relations with the hierarchy. Maybe I'm wrong it could be faith he returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

He's held in very high regard by most. There are quarters that would not take to him at all (amongst fans) - and his style and approach would be so far at odds with Klopp that I fear it would be a bumpy landing for him (I wouldn't be against the idea, personally)

If Liverpool are to retain the values and ideas of who we are, and what Klopp built then any manager coming in should be told that they will be manager, and not allowed to change , to take club in their direction.
    I always found it funny than a manager in UK can come in and undo all the good work done of another manager, doesn't happen in Europe. CLubs like Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve so on they have a way, the manager follows this way full stop. In England Klopp leaves, and in come Roy Hodgson to play 4-4-2 wtf.
    I think Benitez is more mellow now, and would get it, and continue Klopps work, ideally keeping Pep and other staff members that are already there under Klopp.

''I don't think there was ever a stronger Pot 2. It is just crazy,' said Klopp, pointing out that both Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund, Benfica and Tottenham are some of the clubs outside the first group.

'They should all be in Pot 1, but there is not enough space there. I don't think there was ever a stronger Pot 3. Then Pot 4 you can get RB Leipzig - Wow!

'The groups will be incredible. I have no clue who will win the Champions League. We have the same chance like everyone else, but that is all, and no I don't see us, the English teams, dominating.

Bayern Munich now finally brought in Ivan Perisic and Philippe Coutinho, which is like a big boost.

'Look at the squad Borussia Dortmund has and tell me we are stronger than them. That is incredible. They can make five changes and you think: "Really? they didn't play last week? Why?"

'There are a lot of quality teams - Juventus will be there, PSG will be there. Whatever happens they will find solutions. Real Madrid? Do you think they gave up already.''

Will be a crazy draw, Ajax made it in the Pot 2 to add even more quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rafa is a Liverpool great, but no. That time is long gone.

If Klopp has a career plan that doesn't see him being manager beyond his current contract for example, i'd like to think himself and the club over the next few years have ongoing discussions and dialogue as to how Liverpool continues being one of the biggest clubs in the world alongside Barca and Real Madrid without disruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

We’ll be back in abyss when he goes

Whats with this 7 year stint he does with all clubs

gwalk wrote: »
    Some of the tweets being dug up now from that agent

he'll deactivate by the end of the day

Deactivated this morning :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We conquered all of twitter, we're never gonna stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Knex. wrote: »
    We conquered all of twitter, we're never gonna stop

Plane tracking and Babestation, we'd tweet the f*ckin' lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

eigrod wrote: »
    5pm tomorrow

Let the scramble for flights begin...probably around 7-7.30pm

Annoys me no end that there's no easy way to get the exact dates of each game and there's always muppets on twitter making up dates that get retweeted by football blogs

• Advertisement

eigrod wrote: »
    Would be nice if Kelleher played at MK Dons

I don't want a single regular starter playing from the off, but it's a change for some frings guys to get 90 mins and hold a young team together

Kelleher
    Hoever
    Gomez
    Lovren (if still around)
    Larouci
    Lallana
    Milner
    Ox
    Shaq
    Origi
    Kent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

"Rafa's Style"

Unbelievably balanced unit under Rafa - The Real Madrid game could easily be Klopp's Liverpool v Man City

don't even want to think about Klopp leaving but if/when he does - Pep will surely have left City by then and he has been fawning over Liverpool lately hasn't he?

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    "Rafa's Style"

Unbelievably balanced unit under Rafa - The Real Madrid game could easily be Klopp's Liverpool v Man City

don't even want to think about Klopp leaving but if/when he does - Pep will surely have left City by then and he has been fawning over Liverpool lately hasn't he?

Very rare for a manager to move directly between rival teams in the same league. And Pep is a buyer, which isn't really the way we are going.

It should be our own Pep -

Ljinders1.jpg

Dickerty wrote: »
    I don't want a single regular starter playing from the off, but it's a change for some frings guys to get 90 mins and hold a young team together

Kelleher
    Hoever
    Gomez
    Lovren (if still around)
    Larouci
    Lallana
    Milner
    Ox
    Shaq
    Origi
    Kent

Brewster over Kent.

• Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Bobby Duncan's agent's twitter page has vanished.

See it was mentioned already in here, missed it.

Smalling seems to be gone on loan to Roma so Lovern may be staying put.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1167000610203471872?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bit mad to think that Smalling is only 29. He was a decent centre back a few years ago but has fallen off a cliff at a time you'd expect him to be coming into his peak.

A few ex-Liverpool players in the Champions League draw:

Mignolet (Club Brugge)
    Suarez (Barcelona)
    Babel (Galatasaray)
    Gulácsi (Leipzig)
    Sterling (Man City)
    Carson (Man City)
    Can (Juventus)
    Coutinho (Bayern)
    Škrtel (Atalanta)

Not counting Moses as he's on loan for the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

8-10 wrote: »
    A few ex-Liverpool players in the Champions League draw:

Mignolet (Club Brugge)
    Suarez (Barcelona)
    Babel (Galatasaray)
    Gulácsi (Leipzig)
    Sterling (Man City)
    Carson (Man City)
    Can (Juventus)
    Coutinho (Bayern)
    Škrtel (Atalanta)

Not counting Moses as he's on loan for the season

I didn't realise Skrtel was at Atalanta.

Carson is definitely the weirdest name on that list, though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I didn't realise Skrtel was at Atalanta.

Scott Carson the gk ??

Good for City to bring in a Champions League winner for experience in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Dickerty wrote: »
    Very rare for a manager to move directly between rival teams in the same league. And Pep is a buyer, which isn't really the way we are going.

It should be our own Pep -

Was just thinking about this this morning. Usually when you look for a manager you need X,Y,Z addressed, or the team is 'in transition', you need fresh ideas etc so naturally you look at someone to come in and make the changes, including a whole new backrooms taff, they think are needed for success.

Assuming we keep going as we are then when Klopp does eventually leave you would think that you just need someone to keep things ticking along. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

We would need the minimum of disruption, fresh ideas, or new coaching staff. It would be similar to Barca of a few years back or even back to our own boot room days of further back.

Pep would be the ideal candidate and would be my pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

cjmc wrote: »
    Scott Carson the gk ??

Yep. Think its to do with homegrown quota or something. Back up GK to the back up.

I would expect Michael Edwards is already scouting young managers as well as players that would have the ability to follow on from Klopp when his time does come to an end.

To appoint Pep would be like United appointing Moyes, a huge mistake, you need to keep a clear head and appoint someone on top of their game, someone who is already a manager and successful, someone with the same way of playing football, and also a manager who is a people person who gets on with players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

getting a way too caught up in a hypothetical situation here, we have one of if not the best manager in the world, enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Really wish we were in the Champions League draw today.

Sorry wrong thread.

getting a way too caught up in a hypothetical situation here, we have one of if not the best manager in the world, enjoy it.

We had the best manager in England up to a 4-4 draw one midweek night and haven't won the league in 30 years since that night.

FSG will be preparing for the the time when it does come that Klopp leaves.

The only reason it is being discussed here is that Klopp himself spoke about taking a year out of football so of course fans are going to discuss and speculate what will happen when he does finish after he made those comments.

tinpib wrote: »
    Pep would be the ideal candidate and would be my pick.

We'll need to come up with a better name to avoid confusion with Guardiola.

Hairy Pep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

We had the best manager in England up to a 4-4 draw one midweek night and haven't won the league in 30 years since that night.

FSG will be preparing for the the time when it does come that Klopp leaves.

The only reason it is being discussed here is that Klopp himself spoke about taking a year out of football so of course fans are going to discuss and speculate what will happen when he does finish after he made those comments.

after 3 more seasons ????

after 3 more seasons ????

3 more games or 3 mores seasons it doesn't matter the speculation began when Klopp said he would be taking time away from football before his next who will replace him as Liverpool manager then becomes the speculation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement