Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Tbf Messi and Ronnie are far from clowns, and Burnley are far from mugs, a little respect goes a long way

You take the internet way to seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm sure there will be a poster two calling for heads if we aren't winning by 6 at half time against Burnley lots of toxic words will be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Bobby Duncan has changed back his Twitter avi and pinned a tweet of him & Klopp. Looks like he’s taken some sound advice on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I know a Romanian guy who tries to watch every game of Ianis Hagi (Gheorghe Hagi's son if you don't feel old enough already) because he thinks he's the second coming

No idea how good he is but he's now with Genk so we'll be seeing him soon enough.

It's also Divock Origi's youth club spending 9 years there is a wee lad.

That's all I know about Genk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Tbf Messi and Ronnie are far from clowns, and Burnley are far from mugs, a little respect goes a long way

Oops didn't think that would be taken literally by anyone :o

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

8-10 wrote: »
    I know a Romanian guy who tries to watch every game of Ianis Hagi (Gheorghe Hagi's son if you don't feel old enough already) because he thinks he's the second coming

No idea how good he is but he's now with Genk so we'll be seeing him soon enough.

It's also Divock Origi's youth club spending 9 years there is a wee lad.

That's all I know about Genk

Think courtois and kompmay and kdb came from there also,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Why did Mané come 5th and not 4th?

Surprised to see him ahead of Salah, I'd have him just ahead myself but wouldn't expect it on a European vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

eigrod wrote: »
    Bobby Duncan has changed back his Twitter avi and pinned a tweet of him & Klopp. Looks like he’s taken some sound advice on board.

His agent is getting even more of a mauling on Twitter at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No matter how hard I try all I can see is Liverpool 405 points Man City 12. Pep won't be happy,

actually no I now see Liverpool Clubs 405 Manchester Clubs 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Fixtures are out, start away to Napoli then home to Salzburg, double header with Genk then home to Napoli and finish away to Salzburg.

We're at home to Genk on the Tuesday before the city game, they are away to Atalanta on the Wednesday.

.G. wrote: »
    Fixtures are out, start away to Napoli then home to Salzburg, double header with Genk then home to Napoli and finish away to Salzburg.

We're at home to Genk on the Tuesday before the city game, they are away to Atalanta on the Wednesday.

Tuesday September 17 - Napoli v Liverpool
    Wednesday October 2 - Liverpool v Salzburg
    Wednesday October 23 - Genk v Liverpool
    Tuesday November 5 - Liverpool v Genk
    Wednesday November 27 - Liverpool v Napoli
    Tuesday December 10 - Salzburg v Liverpool

Ryanair jacked up prices very very quickly, Aer Lingus not as on the ball with it. Going to miss the Salzburg game as I'm abroad which I'm ok with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think, if being brutally honest, the top 10 just show how much focus is put on the CL.

Loads of city players could be in and around there

Edit: sorry, it's a CL only list so makes sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

September
    14th V Newcastle - BT Sport
    17th @ Napoli - BT Sport
    22nd @ Chelsea - Sky Sports
    25th @ MK Dons - Sky Sports
    28th @ Sheff Utd - BT Sport

October
    2nd V Salzburg - BT Sport
    5th V Leicester - ??
    20th @ Man Utd - Sky Sports
    23rd @ Genk - BT Sport
    27th V Spurs - Sky Sports

November
    2nd @ Villa
    5th V Genk - BT Sport
    9th V Man City
    23rd @ Palace
    27th V Napoli - BT Sport
    30th V Brighton

December
    4th V Everton - Amazon / Premier Sports Ireland
    7th V Bournemouth
    10th @ Salzburg - BT Sport
    14th V Watford
    World Club Cup

Ryanair jacked up prices very very quickly, Aer Lingus not as on the ball with it. Going to miss the Salzburg game as I'm abroad which I'm ok with.

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/booking/home/DUB/LPL/2019-11-04/2019-11-06/1/0/0/0

Just checked that one, but it's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

What's the story with getting tickets for these? Would love to get over for one, been a few years.

Yep that's not bad but I wanted to go into Manchester as I can leave later and not have to take a half day from work. It's not crazy prices but Aer Lingus ended up being the cheaper option when it was the opposite an hour ago.

I think the level of opposition with the Genk game is good news for anyone looking for a ticket. Should be much easier than last year.

• Advertisement

What's the story with getting tickets for these? Would love to get over for one, been a few years.

Hospitality is the only way to guarantee a ticket if you haven't been to games recently, it's pricey (£270) - https://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/fixtures

Other than that you need a membership (~£25 I think) and hope that demand is so low that a game goes to general sale. Last season all the group games required credits from previous games, but the season before Maribor and Sevilla both had tickets on sale up to a day before and Hoffenheim didn't sell out. Spartak also had no prior credits required for the away game because it was so far away.

I think if you have a membership you have a good chance of Genk or Salzburg going on general sale, and even if you miss out on the sale I reckon tickets for both would pop up in the days leading up to it.

Alternative is Irish Kop if you're a member there, really good for ticket exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Any idea when they’ll go on sale?

I wouldn't mind going to the game in Genk or Salzburg.

Zero chance of a ticket in our end anyway. Both are small stadiums so I'd imagine the European Champions in town with the chance to see some former players (Origi, Mane, Keita) would mean it'd be hard to get home fan tickets too.

Salzburg is a lovely city though.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Calling Origi a former Genk player is a bit of a stretch. That's like calling Sterling a former QPR player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Boards trip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

garra wrote: »
    Oops didn't think that would be taken literally by anyone :o

I honestly don't know what to take seriously on here anymore tbh

5starpool wrote: »
    Calling Origi a former Genk player is a bit of a stretch. That's like calling Sterling a former QPR player.

Yeah fair enough, but still he's Belgian so maybe it counts for something.

Looks like they're selling home tickets as a 3-game package which would make it harder:

https://www.krcgenk.be/nl/ticketing/champions-league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

September
    14th V Newcastle
    17th @ Napoli
    22nd @ Chelsea
    Mid week @ MK Dons
    28th V Sheff Utd

October
    2nd V Salzburg
    5th V Leicester
    19th @ Man Utd
    23rd @ GenK
    27th V Spurs

November
    2nd @ Villa
    5th V Genk
    9th V Man City
    23rd @ Palace
    27th V Napoli
    30th V Brighton

December
    4th V Everton
    7th V Bournemouth
    10th @ Salzburg
    14th V Watford
    World Club Cup

Sheffield utd in Sept is away, so we have 4 away games in 11 days

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

9 years old. Heart breaking

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Vicxas wrote: »
    Boards trip?

Myself and the girlfriend just booked flights to Brussels for the game. Dunno whether to stay in Brussels, Hasselt or Genk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Tuesday September 17 - Napoli v Liverpool
    Wednesday October 2 - Liverpool v Salzburg
    Wednesday October 23 - Genk v Liverpool
    Tuesday November 5 - Liverpool v Genk
    Wednesday November 27 - Liverpool v Napoli
    Tuesday December 10 - Salzburg v Liverpool

In fairness it's not Ryanair jacking up the prices but seats get snapped up as soon as fixtures are out and they just get dearer as it follows the normal Ryanair pricing model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

A moment of much pain and sadness.
    Rest in Peace little Xana.
    Much strength @LuisEnrique, Elena and family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

A 5 month battle for a kid battling cancer, ****ing terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Heartbreaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

As someone with a daughter almost that age.... it's unimaginable :(

Looking forward to seeing Klopp pit tactical wits with Carlo again just Glad the Napoli away game is the fist one and not the last one.

Looking forward to seeing Klopp pit tactical wits with Carlo again just Glad the Napoli away game is the fist one and not the last one.

On the one hand, it'll be great to get our toughest game out of the way first and then leave us with a run of five arguably winnable games. But, on the other, it would have been nice to start with Salzburg or Gent and go from there...

If we get one or three points at Napoli, we can be very happy - they look a better side than they did last season and that is a very tough place to go. Although we did manage to win the thing last season, and they were out at the group stage, dumped out of the Europa last 16 and finished 11 points behind Juvé in the Serie A, so I guess they needed to improve tbf!

• Advertisement

On the one hand, it'll be great to get our toughest game out of the way first and then leave us with a run of five arguably winnable games. But, on the other, it would have been nice to start with Salzburg or Gent and go from there...

If we get one or three points at Napoli, we can be very happy - they look a better side than they did last season and that is a very tough place to go. Although we did manage to win the thing last season, and they were out at the group stage, dumped out of the Europa last 16 and finished 11 points behind Juvé in the Serie A, so I guess they needed to improve tbf!

If they aren’t up for the first game as defending Champions away to a team that beat them and were one last minute save away from knocking them out the competition last season well then they need to look at themselves.

If they aren’t up for the first game as defending Champions away to a team that beat them and were one last minute save away from knocking them out the competition last season well then they need to look at themselves.

I've no doubt that they'll be up for it - but Napoli are a very good side and they've improved all over the pitch. Meret is a good GK, Manolas is probably the best CB in Italy (maybe de Ligt can take that crown) and Hirving Lozano gives another option in an attack that already had Insigne, Callejon, Mertens and Milik.

Pressure is on Napoli this season to actually do something too - they've been a nearly team for a few seasons and a few of those lads (Mertens for one, and Hamsik has gone) are nearing the end of their time at the top - if they don't make the knock-outs, win the Copa or maybe even the Serie A this season, it's hard to see it happening in the next few years either.

I think we should be (and probably will) top the group but I won't be surprised if we don't get 3 points in Naples. Five wins after that will sort us out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Klopp saying that the biggest hurdle for young players is their lack of patience, that they need to be ready, do what the coaches say, and work hard and basically the rewards will come. That no player, or rarely do you see a 17, 18 year old break into a Barca side, or a Liverpool side so on. Talking in general terms he adds, not talking of Bobby. He said he treats every player as an individual, they're all different.
    WOrds to that effect.

Jurgen Klopp on Alisson: "He made steps but it was a proper injury, so it will still take time. When you have a muscle thing, it takes as well a while to bring the muscle at the same level it was before. The calf muscle is pretty important for jumping"

Might be a while to wait for Alisson yet.

The DM was reporting the PFA are getting involved to mediate between Liverpool and Stephen Gerrard's cousin (sorry I'm bad at names and thanks to his agent this could be as famous as the guy gets)

I never liked the PFA, I think it was something to do with Gordon Taylor, couldn't remember what and when I googled him I see he's leaving under a bit of a cloud.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The DM was reporting the PFA are getting involved to mediate between Liverpool and Stephen Gerrard's cousin (sorry I'm bad at names and thanks to his agent this could be as famous as the guy gets)

I never liked the PFA, I think it was something to do with Gordon Taylor, couldn't remember what and when I googled him I see he's leaving under a bit of a cloud.

The last time I remember them being in the news was when they offered to help Suarez with his transfer to Arsenal.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The last time I remember them being in the news was when they offered to help Suarez with his transfer to Arsenal.

That could be it. It may be that anytime we're in dispute with a player or manager they take their side but I guess that's their job and I'm just being unreasonable.

Where were they when Southampton were holding Van Dijk hostage?

Shaqiri has made himself unavailable for international duty as he wants to concentrate on Liverpool.

Presume it's just for this international break, not an indefinite absence, but he seems to really be trying to focus on getting back into the side.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement