Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Shaqiri has made himself unavailable for international duty as he wants to concentrate on Liverpool.

Presume it's just for this international break, not an indefinite absence, but he seems to really be trying to focus on getting back into the side.

I think Klopp is going to play him tomorrow, he mentioned him and working on a few bits in the presser...

I think Lincoln city are my new favourite "other team"

https://twitter.com/footyawayday/status/1166996395032756224?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fieldog wrote: »
    I think Klopp is going to play him tomorrow, he mentioned him and working on a few bits in the presser...

This is what he said:
    Klopp on Shaqiri.

"Brilliant. He is training well. It's the first four weeks of the season. A hard period for players. He had an injury and now he is back. In training, Shaq doesn't have to improve in any way.

"He doesn't have to show any thing special. We will need him."

Not entirely sure what that means tbh! But if he's out of the Swiss squad, it's got to be good news for Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Shaqiri has made himself unavailable for international duty as he wants to concentrate on Liverpool.

Presume it's just for this international break, not an indefinite absence, but he seems to really be trying to focus on getting back into the side.

Good news for Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Our match against man u now rescheduled from the 19th of October to the following day, Sunday at 4.30pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

We should see Shaqiri come off the bench at least so this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Our match against man u now rescheduled from the 19th of October to the following day, Sunday at 4.30pm
    Well, that's annoying - we have a CL away the following Wednesday. Sky? pffff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sofa Spud wrote: »

We'll have qualified by then anyway, so we can still have a decent go at them.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It’s almost like they don’t know we have the added pressure of having to win every half this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It’s almost like they don’t know we have the added pressure of having to win every half this season.

**** ya, I nearly choked on my noodles :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sky been running spurious stats have they?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It was swapped with the city game because they have a Tuesday CL game and ours is on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭chicorytip

This is what he said:

Not entirely sure what that means tbh! But if he's out of the Swiss squad, it's got to be good news for Ireland!
    Klopp has a habit of talking players up before discarding them completely. Mignolet, Ings, Sturridge, Moreno, Karius. Shaquiri was a peculiar signing anyway. He is neither energetic nor mobile enough to adapt to the teams style of play. A useful "impact" type of player to bring off the bench, maybe, but tends to give the ball away too frequently as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

chicorytip wrote: »
    Klopp has a habit of talking players up before discarding them completely. Mignolet, Ings, Sturridge, Moreno, Karius. Shaquiri was a peculiar signing anyway. He is neither energetic nor mobile enough to adapt to the teams style of play. A useful "impact" type of player to bring off the bench, maybe, but tends to give the ball away too frequently as well.

Tends to?

You mean just the Barca game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Just a heads up, the rather excellent Black Goalkeeper’s Jersey is back in the online store, available to pre-order for the 30th September. If you have membership you can save 10% off the cost, and if you get it delivered to the store in the Ilac Centre it’s free shipping. These Jerseys sold out really quickly the last time...

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

chicorytip wrote: »

Klopp talks everyone up. I've never heard him slate anybody and its part of what makes him a great manager. You might argue that Klopp hugs players just before discarding them completely. Silly really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jasonb wrote: »
    Just a heads up, the rather excellent Black Goalkeeper’s Jersey is back in the online store, available to pre-order for the 30th September. If you have membership you can save 10% off the cost, and if you get it delivered to the store in the Ilac Centre it’s free shipping. These Jerseys sold out really quickly the last time...

Yeah I got one earlier in the summer, it's the nicest one we've ever had. Recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Saw this video earlier in my recommendations about how Klopp approaches the players mentality, the example was shown through Gini Wijnaldum. He never said a truer word than his description of Gini in the first few minutes of a game, he reminds me of Seedorf so much in that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Klopp talks everyone up. I've never heard him slate anybody and its part of what makes him a great manager. You might argue that Klopp hugs players just before discarding them completely. Silly really.

It's when he's not talking about you you're in trouble, like Sakho.

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah I got one earlier in the summer, it's the nicest one we've ever had. Recommend it

Trying to decide if getting the Blue UEFA '6' badge on it will ruin the look of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's when he's not talking about you you're in trouble, like Sakho.

ducking questions about lovren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ducking questions about lovren

In fairness, he never discusses transfers so doubt he's going to start to blab all of a sudden....

Looking forward to the game today, Burnley are a pain in the hole though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Trying to decide if getting the Blue UEFA '6' badge on it will ruin the look of it...

I wouldn't. Just the standard jersey with just gold & black. The large logo looks great in it but I wouldnt get the badges (well, I got them on the red home jersey)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Have to say I really like Pep. Anytime I see him being interviewed he comes across really well. I'm a terrible judge of character though and he could very well be keeping human heads in his fridge

I wouldn't. Just the standard jersey with just gold & black. The large logo looks great in it but I wouldnt get the badges (well, I got them on the red home jersey)

Yeah, that's kinda how I'm feeling about it too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wouldn't be surprised if Shaqiri & his agent thinking about trying to leave & that is the reason for his international absence.

Klopp is willing to let unhappy players leave even if we are left a little short.
    Shaq is a good player but seems badly out of favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Does there exist a football fan who is unaware of "6" baby? Less is more, specially on that shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

MD1990 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if Shaqiri & his agent thinking about trying to leave & that is the reason for his international absence.

Klopp is willing to let unhappy players leave even if we are left a little short.
    Shaq is a good player but seems badly out of favour.

Doesn't the transfer window close Monday? How would swerving the internationals make a difference to a transfer if so?

robwen wrote: »
    Doesn't the transfer window close Monday? How would swerving the internationals make a difference to a transfer if so?

Maybe thinking he wants to train with a new club after monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

MD1990 wrote: »
    Maybe thinking he wants to train with a new club after monday.

Can't see him going anywhere at this late stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hoping for no more mistakes from Adrian today, had a howler in each of his last two games, could do without one away to Burnley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hoping for no more mistakes from Adrian today, had a howler in each of his last two games, could do without one away to Burnley.

With the break hopefully we can get close to having Allison back in the sticks. It's possible this is the last game Adrian will start so hopefully he's motivated.

Southampton could do with him today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did he have a howler against Arsenal?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did he have a howler against Arsenal?

Clearance straight to Aubameyang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

With the break hopefully we can get close to having Allison back in the sticks. It's possible this is the last game Adrian will start so hopefully he's motivated.

I'd say listening to klopp yesterday we won't see Allison for another bit,I reckon it could be towards the end of Sept,hope I am wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not ringing a bell at all.

I'd say listening to klopp yesterday we won't see Allison for another bit,I reckon it could be towards the end of Sept,hope I am wrong

Alisson was limping on stage at the FIFA Best Awards during the week and Klopp describing it as "a real injury" and that we need to make sure he can start jumping again... I wouldn't be surprised if it was the October international break tbh.

It resulted in Aubameyang trying to lob him and the ball landing just wide. Wasn't great from Adrian, caught in no man's land trying to get back for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Ah crap. Hopefully Klopp is just being cautious.

Ah here - the quotes have ballsed that post up altogether. Any way I can easily turn off the multi quoting on mobile?

• Advertisement

Probably for the best with him starting a game in a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

First highlight in this video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

3 wins in 16 games for Ole, United haven't won away since Feb.
    We're so lucky to have Klopp, and great ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

In Hindsight that Utd win over PSG was really a thing of beauty.

In Hindsight that Utd win over PSG was really a thing of beauty.

It was like buying a new laptop on the side of the road, everything looked amazing, and the price was great, but when they handed over the cash the laptop was switched, and they ended up with a brick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Yep. That's just the demo Ole I have a new one in the box for youse

• Advertisement

City up within seconds , they do that a lot, score early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

What if utd made Ole sub manager.. Have him jogging up and down the tunnel until 5mins to go. Massage his shoulders and bring him out to change things.

Brighton done well it seems in the 1st half against City despite being 2 down.

Laporte possibly has a bad knee injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Don't think we'll see many changes today maybe a little rotation in midfield is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great to finally be back after a long summer off for telling another thread that I don't think there current manager is good enough (which is proving right each week).

Anyway was a bit surprised we didn't bring another wide forward in during the summer but I must admit i feel there is a real lack of quality for money out there. I reckon the club have a few aces up their sleeve for next summer.

Tough game today but think we just do enough. 3 1 to us hopefully.

P.s let's talk about six baby !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement