Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

cmac2009 wrote: »
    And rightfully so, Mo should have passed.
    He probably should have passed, but given that Mane has been very guilty of the same stuff in the past, it was a bit OTT. Think Salah has 3 assists now already.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Nor has Harry Kane :pac:

Good game, any win at Turf Moor is like Napoleon taking Moscow. 3-0 with a clean sheet would be like avoiding being banished St Helena and victory at Waterloo

You've come over a bit Eric Cantona here, Harry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Getting racially abused on Twitter for the OG, hardly surprising

But why ask VVD he wouldn't have seen it as he would have been preparing for our game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm just so confused as to why Sky thought van Dijk would have anything to say on the Zouma thing, as far as I'm aware the two don't have any sort of relationship together and Zouma conceded the OG less than an hour before our game kicked off, he wouldn't have even heard about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sky having to explain the whole Zouma/VVD thing now.

Was it not a completely daft question to someone who was straight off the pitch in his own game? I'm sure Virgil had no clue what she was on about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

TitianGerm wrote: »
    But why ask VVD he wouldn't have seen it as he would have been preparing for our game.

Christ knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sky having to explain the whole Zouma/VVD thing now.

Was it not a completely daft question to someone who was straight off the pitch in his own game? I'm sure Virgil had no clue what she was on about.

SHe was fed bad information, not her fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I'm just so confused as to why Sky thought van Dijk would have anything to say on the Zouma thing, as far as I'm aware the two don't have any sort of relationship together and Zouma conceded the OG less than an hour before our game kicked off, he wouldn't have even heard about it.

Fellow Dutchman, is all I can think of! Was very weird.

.G. wrote: »

Zouma's French though :p

Is he hahaha, always thought he was Dutch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Haha beaten to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not much in it according to Dyche.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

finno wrote: »
    Yeah, it's funny, but I hope to fcuk it's nothing more than a brief storm in a tea cup and if not, it gets sorted now, before they all fly off for the break.

Anyway, great result

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Yeah, it's funny, but I hope to fcuk it's nothing more than a brief storm in a tea cup and if not, it gets sorted now, before they all fly off for the break.

Anyway, great result

We had one lad beat another with a golf clup on the way to a Champions League final, I think we'll be alright :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ratracer

We had one lad beat another with a golf clup on the way to a Champions League final, I think we'll be alright :p

I hope they can top that goal celebration, still one of the funniest football moments!! :)

Someone just needs to show Mane the Everton game and a few of his other examples then sit him and Salah down and tell them to be like Bobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Someone just needs to show Mane the Everton game and a few of his other examples then sit him and Salah down and tell them to be like Bobby.

Everyone should be like Bobby. Everyone.

54and56 wrote: »
    I don't get who Mane was remonstrating with on the bench if the problem he had was Salah (who was still on the pitch) not putting him in for an almost certain goal?

Stolen from Reddit (great site)

‘Mane was clearly upset that Bobby hadn’t let him in on what the goal celebration was going to be.’

• Advertisement

ratracer wrote: »
    I hope they can top that goal celebration, still one of the funniest football moments!! :)
    They'll get over it when they next set each up for a goal. There's been way bigger burst ups. Think it's fair to say we've all had moments like that, you get over it.

It was a real top performance today. VVD/Matip dominated any aerial treat they may have posed, bossed the game in what could be a tough physical fixture. Thought Fabinho was excellent in mid. And Booby was class up front again.

Klopp face when they tell him TAA goal was an OG :pac:
    Won't even get an assist for it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Zouma is a CB. Getting the thoughts of Van Dyke on racial abuse targeting Zouma for nothing more than giving away an own goal whilst trying to defend a tricky cross into the danger zone would carry serious weight given Van Dyke is the newly Crowned UEFA player of the year.

That's all I can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Some team this. One of our best performances this calender year.

Zouma is a CM. Getting the thoughts of Van Dyke on racial abuse targeting Zouma for nothing more than giving away an own goal whilst trying to defend a tricky cross into the danger zone would carry sooner weight given Van Dyke is the newly Crowned UEFA player of the year.

Zouma is a CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Zouma is french

Zouma is a CM. Getting the thoughts of Van Dyke on racial abuse targeting Zouma for nothing more than giving away an own goal whilst trying to defend a tricky cross into the danger zone would carry sooner weight given Van Dyke is the newly Crowned UEFA player of the year.

Perhaps, but he's just off the pitch, probably not aware of the issue anyway, what's he supposed to say other than condemn it? Very bizzare thing to bring up, as if VVD can do anything about racists on twitter.

Zouma is a CB.

Sorry, meant to say CB, same as Van Dyke.

Will correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Zouma is a CM. Getting the thoughts of Van Dyke on racial abuse targeting Zouma for nothing more than giving away an own goal whilst trying to defend a tricky cross into the danger zone would carry serious weight given Van Dyke is the newly Crowned UEFA player of the year.

It's Sky it is a lot more simple than that that.

Its lets ask a black player what he thinks of the abuse another black player is getting and create talking points we can use for the next few weeks across all our platforms.

• First time the club have won 13 consecutive league matches.
    • First time they have have won their opening four matches in back-to-back seasons.
    • First clean sheet of the season.
    • Firmino becoming the first Brazilian to score 50 Premier League goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Players have spats every day of the week, if anyone really thinks they are all best buddies and that everything is always rosie between team mates then I don't know what to say, they are all big boys they'll get over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• First time they have have won their opening four matches in back-to-back seasons.

Kourt Zouma is a CB.
    Kourt Zouma is a French.

Goals:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Great defending from TAA on a really awkward cross:

giphy.gif

Few other chances:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Kourt Zouma is a CB.
    Kourt Zouma is a French.

ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Kourt Zouma is a CB.
    Kourt Zouma is a French.

Fry?
    Kiss?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Great start to the season, great performance today, clean sheet. Happy f*cking days.

Fry?
    Kiss?

Player of course.

Shakes fist...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

You forgot the most important stat:
    • First clean sheet tweet from Linda ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

A United friend of mine (don't ask) tried tried to make a mountain out of this mole hill. I just pissed myself laughing when he brought it up. We are 3-0 up and have players tearing each other apart for the next goal. United with an extra man against Southampton couldn't buy such a reaction.

• Advertisement

Delighted that Bobby got his goal today. A real unsung hero in this team.

A United friend of mine (don't ask) tried tried to make a mountain out of this mole hill. I just pissed myself laughing when he brought it up. We are 3-0 up and have players tearing each other apart for the next goal. United with an extra man against Southampton couldn't buy such a reaction.

I think your friend is just looking for something positive from a United point of view. No hope of finding that something positive at his own club.

Like a scarecrow having a ****. Grasping at straws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think your friend is just looking for something positive from a United point of view. No hope of finding that something positive at his own club.

Like a scarecrow having a ****. Grasping at straws.

IN all fairness, we were in the same position just a few years ago, you don;t think we should emphasise a little? No? Me neither.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

u
    IN all fairness, we were in the same position just a few years ago, you don;t think we should emphasise a little? No? Me neither.
    Our low in terms of personnel was lower than theirs.

We had Roy Hodgson, Paul Koncheskey, Joe Cole, Christian Poulsen. This was to replace the likes of Torres, Alonso, etc.

United actually have a decent squad that should be at least challenging for top 4. When Woy was thrown out of our club, the squad he left us with was mid-table at best. Kenny steadied the ship, Brendan brought some pride back, Klopp perfected the team.

Zouma is french

Yeah we've already addressed that mate, first post after mine!

you don;t think we should emphasise a little? No? Me neither.

Emphasise? Not unless you REALLY want to rub it in - :-)

Empathise? Not really, they are our biggest rivals.

As were Sky, they'll do that, anything to offer a brief respite from the sh!tshow they face on the daily. Go have a read of their thread for a giggle, its's almost as entertaining as this Liverpool team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Looks like Sadio is now our lucky charm, as we haven't lost a game in which he's scored... Did Ian Rush have that record too? I love this guy, wears his heart on his sleeve and puts a proper shift in every game but have never seen him as angry as today - even with opponents who hack him down when they occasionally catch him. Normally such a placid character as he was when the kid ran on to the pitch at the Aviva for a selfie and he obliged with a smile and a laugh. As our African warlords don't drink and can't sort it out over a pint I hope they find another way to make amends and be more Fun Bobby.

De Bruyne saying still 65 games to go (un all competitions). They really do set out to win everything. I feel Liverpool will need a lot of luck in regards of injuries but I'm sure they'll give it a good go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

It is mind boggling that last manager and his coaching team didn't rate Firmino.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement