Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

garra wrote: »
    Looks like Sadio is now our lucky charm, as we haven't lost a game in which he's scored... Did Ian Rush have that record too? I love this guy, wears his heart on his sleeve and puts a proper shift in every game but have never seen him as angry as today - even with opponents who hack him down when they occasionally catch him. Normally such a placid character as he was when the kid ran on to the pitch at the Aviva for a selfie and he obliged with a smile and a laugh. As our African warlords don't drink and can't sort it out over a pint I hope they find another way to make amends and be more Fun Bobby.

There's definitely 2 I can think of when he scored and we lost, 4-3 against Bournemouth and Champions league final against Real Madrid. Think he might akso have scored away to Roma in semi final second leg when we lost 4-2.

Rush had the unbeaten record until we lost to Arsenal in 1987 league cup final, amazingly after waiting so long it happened the following week in the league against Norwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Good to see MotD covering the incident quite fairly. Not over-dramatising it, just saying it's understandable, Salah should pass more when others are in good positions, and its good to see that Mane cares that much and has that much passion to keep looking for more goals even at 3-0 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Speak Now wrote: »
    There's definitely 2 I can think of when he scored and we lost, 4-3 against Bournemouth and Champions league final against Real Madrid. Think he might akso have scored away to Roma in semi final second leg when we lost 4-2.

Rush had the unbeaten record until we lost to Arsenal in 1987 league cup final, amazingly after waiting so long it happened the following week in the league against Norwich.

I stand corrected (as the main said after trip to chiropodist), Liverpool have not lost any of the last 33 Premier League games in which Mane has found the net (W29 D4 L0), from beeb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

When Mane arrived he immediately became Liverpool's most potent attacker and yet he himself was quite sheepish when he scored and he was very low key when interviewed - now after three years he has grown into a CL winner, a Golden Boot winner and be above Salah in the UEFA Player of the Year poll so is not taking any sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Eddie Howe is the longest serving PL manager?

That has to be one of the craziest stats I've heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Good to see MotD covering the incident quite fairly. Not over-dramatising it, just saying it's understandable, Salah should pass more when others are in good positions, and its good to see that Mane cares that much and has that much passion to keep looking for more goals even at 3-0 up

I cursed in front of my little fella when that happened. I'm also his coach so it was a little lesson that when a player is in a better position, play them in.
    He went to bed laughing....im going to the pub from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Eddie Howe is the longest serving PL manager?

That has to be one of the craziest stats I've heard.

Only since the start of the season, before that it was David Moyes. His six year contract at Man Utd has just finished this past summer.

I’m absolutely convinced he never left. :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Only since the start of the season, before that it was David Moyes. His six year contract at Man Utd has just finished this past summer.

His ghost is still haunting the corridors of Old Trafford. Jumps out every once in a while and says "boo" and they all shit their pants. Happened again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

martyos121 wrote: »

Well if contract length counts then Alan Pardew is still at Newcastle!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/19747531

• Advertisement

Be interesting to see how Rodgers does at Leicester over the next couple of seasons, he might be a good contender to come in after Klopp.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611fcc4a5313007f2dd46c9d2166c6e024d300d50fc&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Be interesting to see how Rodgers does at Leicester over the next couple of seasons, he might be a good contender to come in after Klopp.

Yeah, man...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ar rate rate we'll have qualified for next year's Champions League before this year's starts

lol I typed the one above when I woke up still drunk and in the dark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

gimli2112 wrote: »
    lol I typed the one above when I woke up still drunk and in the dark

Not wrong tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Do not take this team for granted.

One loss in 43.
    13 straight wins.
    No loss at Anfield in 2 years.
    CL winners.

Burnley away is tough. The team says 'Fúck that'. 3-0.
    Arsenal play their best at Anfield in years. Still rip them a new one.
    Firmly in Pep's head even though he's managing the Treble winners and the greatest squad on Earth.

And the closest we've come to top gear is 20 minutes at the start of the 2nd half against Arsenal.

What a time to be a fan.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if that's you taking proverbial cover having thrown an ill advised idea at those who will be easily provoked or if it's in fact a metaphor for a post Klopp future Liverpool under Rodgers.

Works either way! :)

Skrtel is Aldi level defender, harsh on the German high value chain.

2WCrB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

Is that just bad google translate and is just “lacks fitness”. Seems very harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The year on year trips to Burnley mirror the continuous improvement under Kloop.

The 2-0 defeat with 80% possession.

The last gasp winner from Klavan after conceding the late equaliser.

Coming from behind in last half hour to win 3-1.

Then yesterday as comfortable as you'll ever win away to Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Speak Now wrote: »
    The year on year trips to Burnley mirror the continuous improvement under Kloop.

The 2-0 defeat with 80% possession.

The last gasp winner from Klavan after conceding the late equaliser.

Coming from behind in last half hour to win 3-1.

Then yesterday as comfortable as you'll ever win away to Burnley.

In a nutshell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Also, Mane has some nerve getting annoyed at Salah tbh.

They're both at it.

And I remember plenty more times where Salah put him in than the other way around.

yeah and MOTD picked up on at and you can expect VAR like reviews on each case Mo doesn't pass or score
    strikers are selfish read all about it

Klopp was also angry with Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

The one where he didn't put Firmino in was worse than the Mane one & I think was the one Klopp was more annoyed with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great win it's becoming a bit too predictable these days though. We just keep winning and winning. I miss the days of 5-4 against Norwich or a famous Anfield draw to West Brom.

What a team just sheer quality back to front.

rob316 wrote: »
    Great win it's becoming a bit too predictable these days though. We just keep winning and winning. I miss the days of 5-4 against Norwich or a famous Anfield draw to West Brom.

Yeah, will be as quiet as the Man City forum soon :pac:

rob316 wrote: »

What a team just sheer quality back to front.

Was going to make a comment about, not at the VERY back... but, I think Adrian did well yesterday. I think Klopp backing him in public and laughing off his mistake has given him confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm glad we won both halves yesterday. Be very disappointing if we only scored the three goals in the first half!!

It is a bit boring, probably why Salah's passing is a talking point. I also yearn for a 5-4 and who knows we may get one against the likes of Norwich or Bournemouth if they catch the side in a slightly groggy post CL mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

It's great to be going into the first break of the season with a 100% record and top of the table. Showing no signs of let up and continuing on from last season.

The premier league is really starting to remind me of la liga when Pep and Jose was at the helms of Barca and Madrid. A two horse race in which draws feel like defeats. Just shows you the high standard of both teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

ricero wrote: »
    It's great to be going into the first break of the season with a 100% record and top of the table.
    And the break gives Allison time to come back as well. Great start to the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

James Pearce reckons Allison won't be back until October. Hopefully we can keep this excellent run going...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'm glad we won both halves yesterday. Be very disappointing if we only scored the three goals in the first half!!

Just quoting you but not picking on you per se.

This thing about winning both halves has run it's course surely or will people make that 'joke' all season?

One poster mentioned after the Norwich game that we lost the 2nd half, so people have decided to relentlessly flog that to death ever since, it's losing it's funniness with every passing post.

Same yesterday one poster commented about a lack of goals from midfield, cue lots of posts trying to be funny about it.

I look forward to a spike in these type of posts now that I've voiced my disapproval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭This is it

This thing about winning both halves has run it's course surely or will people make that 'joke' all season?

One poster mentioned after the Norwich game that we lost the 2nd half, so people have decided to relentlessly flog that to death ever since, it's losing it's funniness with every passing post.

Same yesterday one poster commented about a lack of goals from midfield, cue lots of posts trying to be funny about it.

I look forward to a spike in these type of posts now that I've voiced my disapproval.

It's rolleyes unfunny at this stage.

Quite frankly I couldn't care less what you think as all you seem to contribute to this thread is complaints and your opinion on what and what should not be discussed.

Ojo was really poor when he came on for Rangers early in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Quite frankly I couldn't care less what you think as all you seem to contribute to this thread is complaints and your opinion on what and what should not be discussed.

Have to agree. Surely it’s run it’s course at this stage.

Ojo was really poor when he came on for Rangers early in the 2nd half.

Is he on loan up there or did we sell him? Scored last week I think.

Edit just looked him up there and he's 22. For some reason I thought he was around 19.

Great start to the season lads.

It has started early. 2 Utd supporting work colleagues 'not too interested in their games'. Good times :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

jasonb wrote: »
    James Pearce reckons Allison won't be back until October. Hopefully we can keep this excellent run going...

Adrian will have played enough by then to get the medal in may :)

• Advertisement

Is he on loan up there or did we sell him? Scored last week I think.

Edit just looked him up there and he's 22. For some reason I thought he was around 19.

I thought he was there on loan last season too but not so according to wiki. Not sure who I'm mixing him up with.

Edit: Ovie Ejaria

You know maybe Adrian isn't so bad after all

You know maybe Adrian isn't so bad after all

Tbf that’s exactly what he’s been doing with tame shots (maybe not quite as bad) but we’ve gotten away with it.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Tbf that’s exactly what he’s been doing with tame shots (maybe not quite as bad) but we’ve gotten away with it.

I suppose it's not as bad when you've got Matip and VVD to sweep up rather than you know... David Luiz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Adrian is grand, he'll make a few errors but he's confident enough to move on and put in good performances. I like him far more than Simon and Karius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

a draw between ars spurs would be the best result from a liverpool point of view ?

• Advertisement

Does it really matter? Spurs are just a bit dysfunctional and Arenal can't defend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Poch is close to walking I think a lose here could push him out and that wouldn't be good with Ole still at the wheel skidding all over the place in Manchester.

A new driver at the wheel is needed there with Poch free to take the it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Poch is close to walking I think a lose here could push him out and that wouldn't be good with Ole still at the wheel skidding all over the place in Manchester.

A new driver at the wheel is needed there with Poch free to take the it.

I presume we want ole to stay ,so spurs win so ?

a draw between ars spurs would be the best result from a liverpool point of view ?

Really doesn't matter, I suppose we'd rather Arsenal do well from here on out because they've still to play City twice and we've already beaten them once.

Vintage Spurs. Go 2 up...end up lucky not to lose.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement