Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So after four games and the top is without Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal I wonder how long its been since that happened before.

Only four games but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie19 wrote: »
    So after four games and the top is without Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal I wonder how long its been since that happened before.

Last season after 5 games.

City, Liverpool, Watford & Bournemouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Charlie19 wrote: »

Sounds like John Lennon.

Imagine a top with no arsenal
    It's easy if you try
    No Spurs are Chelsea either,
    Above us, only sky....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

a draw between ars spurs would be the best result from a liverpool point of view ?

Might aswell be hoping for a draw in the Eve v Wolves game this morning. Spurs and Arsenal are not worth even thinking about. Both of them are muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Last season after 5 games.

City, Liverpool, Watford & Bournemouth

Yeah thats cool and all but about after 4 games:D

Edit: From what I found Chelsea are top after week 5.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2796220-premier-league-table-final-week-5-2018-standings-results-and-week-6-fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lovren linked with Juve. Could join Can and Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Adrian did really well yesterday, I feel much more relaxed with him then I did with migs or karius, that's not hard I know but still he's new and has settled really well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

He has made some great stops - Delighted with him.

Lovren linked with Juve. Could join Can and Ronaldo.

De Ligt didn’t have a great game against Napoli he was probably at fault for all 3 Napoli goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭This is it

De Ligt didn’t have a great game against Napoli he was probably at fault for all 3 Napoli goals.

I was tuning in and out but he was pretty bad for what I did see. A case of getting up to speed I'm sure but there were some very amateur mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This is it wrote: »
    I was tuning in and out but he was pretty bad for what I did see. A case of getting up to speed I'm sure but there were some very amateur mistakes.

He was benched for their last game and scored an OG in his first pre-season start too, not the best opening month for the lad :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

At least he didn't do a Coates.

Have to feel sorry for any player when a match goes that badly for them.

Ideally we win 3 league titles in a row and Klopp restores us as the most successful team in the league and walks off into the sunset a hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Daemonic wrote: »

Jaysus that's right up there with Jon Walters' 2 own goals and a missed penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Daemonic wrote: »

Didn't Woodgate score an OG and get sent off on his Real Madrid debut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's no Jonathan Woodgate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Have to agree. Surely it’s run it’s course at this stage.

Chief protagonist chirps in!!

Repetition is not good, try some other material.

Not enough that we’re missing out on the points for winning both halves we’re also missing out on the extra points for midfielders scoring.
    It’s almost like they don’t know we have the added pressure of having to win every half this season.
    No chance...look at all the halves it’s cost us.
    Do we have to win both halves to win the trophy?
    We could nick a half though.
    Definitely. hopefully we don’t run riot in the first half hour and then take our foot off the gas in the second half and lose it. Surely the players have learned their lesson though after Friday.
    How many points did we drop for losing the second half?

Well Pearce is reporting that Mane & Salah have made it up and it's nothing more than a friendly rivalry where they occasionally just get selfish.

All the Main Man's 50 PL goals

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That first goal vs City I remember like it was yesterday. It was as good of a half of football as we've played under Klopp. The goals were so:
    Is he off??? No, he's on as it gets.

• Advertisement

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/andy-robertson-names-one-liverpool-19121245

“With his work-rate, his technique, his goals and his all-round play, I don’t think there’s anyone like him,” said the defender.

“People will say there are better strikers but for me what he does is so important to our team. We’d be lost without him. He’s world class. He does everything and that’s the beauty of Bobby. He can do it all.”

Klopp's Liverpool don't work without Firmino.

If he got a long term injury I think that would hurt more than VVD.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/01/liverpool-roberto-firmino-burnley

Klopp insisted there are “one or two others” before going on to suggest that, well, maybe there are not. “Being skilled like Bobby is one thing, mixing it up with the attitude he puts in, that’s unbelievable and I’m not sure about that [in other players],” he said. “Skills wise, being there, passing in between, for sure there are some players. But the mix – wow, it’s exceptional.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Jaysus that's right up there with Jon Walters' 2 own goals and a missed penalty.

Thanks for reminding me about that, Osmosis.

Jon was in my fantasy team that week.

:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭This is it

What a finisher. Looking at that video it's so rare he needs to smash a ball to score, so often he picks his spot and puts it exactly there. What a player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

For the sake of repeating myself from last night it is mind boggling that the last manager and his coaching staff didnt rate Firmino.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

the petty little weird posts on here at times are embarrassing from grown men i assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

MD1990 wrote: »
    the petty little weird posts on here at times are embarrassing from grown men i assume.

is that an example ?you will have to narrow it down a small bit which ones you are referring to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The day Bobby goes will be up there with Klopp going as a sad day for the club.

Unfortunately I think if Klopp doesn’t extend his contract a core group of this team are going to go around the same time. All of the front 3 will be at the age where they’ll be thinking of final big contract, same with Wijnaldum, Van Dijk, Matip, Milner will be gone, Henderson will be 32/33.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The day Bobby goes will be up there with Klopp going as a sad day for the club.

Unfortunately I think if Klopp doesn’t extend his contract a core group of this team are going to go around the same time. All of the front 3 will be at the age where they’ll be thinking of final big contract, same with Wijnaldum, Van Dijk, Matip, Milner will be gone, Henderson will be 32/33.

Soothsayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Self righteous posts like you always seem to post are pretty embarrassing alright from an adult and i am guessing you are an adult right

• Advertisement

I'd hate to see this thread is we had drawn a game it is fcuking nuts when we have won 4 out of 4 in the league and have a European trophy in the bag already/

That video was one of the worst goal compilations I've ever seen. Thank goodness it was for Bobby Firmino or I'd have stopped when the compiler stopped including actual goal footage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Klopp's Liverpool don't work without Firmino.

If he got a long term injury I think that would hurt more than VVD.

Thats a bit much - we worked pretty well in the 4-0 against Barca last season. He is a massive part of makes Liverpool great under Klopp but to suggest we are nothing when he doesnt play is a bit unfair on the rest of the lads

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Thats a bit much - we worked pretty well in the 4-0 against Barca last season. He is a massive part of makes Liverpool great under Klopp but to suggest we are nothing when he doesnt play is a bit unfair on the rest of the lads

One game doesn't make a season.

Well to be fair that game did :)

For the sake of repeating myself from last night it is mind boggling that the last manager and his coaching staff didnt rate Firmino.

I'll just note Turty knows which side of the argument to stay on :p

noodler wrote: »
    Soothsayer

This is nearly as silly as the post when you were jealous of Spurs signing Coutinho.

Crikey O'Reilly is anyone watching TOPT2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭Damien360

Lads, stop the infighting. Have a look at Man Utd thread. Someone is looking at possible forum ban because of all the infighting going on over there. They haven’t stopped in weeks.

We are playing well, winning, cup in the bag already. What’s to hate ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Motd2 trying to make a big deal out of manes toddler tantrum yesterday.

The media are gonna be unbearable next few weeks watching how Mane and Salah get on. I'm bored of it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

This is nearly as silly as the post when you were jealous of Spurs signing Coutinho.

It's a weird observation.

"People's contracts will expire the year they expire if not renewed"

Sing it again Turdy!

• Advertisement

That video was one of the worst goal compilations I've ever seen. Thank goodness it was for Bobby Firmino or I'd have stopped when the compiler stopped including actual goal footage!

He really has some memorable goals for a player who only scores tap ins. City one in the 4-3 and second against Swansea are my favourites.

Honourable mention for the Bournemouth one where he who shall not be named got annoyed that his back heel didn’t go in and sulked rather than celebrated.

ricero wrote: »
    Motd2 trying to make a big deal out of manes toddler tantrum yesterday.

The media Boards.ie is gonna be unbearable next few weeks watching how Mane Poster A and Salah Poster B get on. I'm bored of it already.

Welcome back.FSG out for old times sake ;)

Liverpool are a customised machine, made up of many individual parts, yea we could sell some parts, but the buyer would find out they won't exactly fit their machine the way they fit ours. All our players complement each other, Robertson would be on the bench for Real, Firmino would not get a game at Barca, Matip would be in the reserves at Juve.

He plays like a kid on the beach but one who knows a really proud dentist. Seeing the likes of Skittles, Lucas, Can and Flanagan (yikes) all in shot is a reminder of just how much has changed since he joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i just cant understand how a Liverpool fan (i.e Potential Underachiever) would not like or rate Firmino. Utterly bizarre.

Klopp
    “I could describe five or six situations where everyone thought, ‘pass it, pass it, pass it’ and then he scored.

“So, that is the freedom of the player. The boys have to make these decisions: pass the ball, don’t pass the ball.

“We can make this mistakes. You can lose the ball and miskick the ball or sometimes you cannot see your team-mate.

“It is not that you ignore him. Sometimes to us it looks like you must see him but you don’t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just seen on FB that ex liverpool CB sebastian Coates gave away 3 pens and got sent off for benfica, I think ! Bullet dodged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

cjmc wrote: »
    Just seen on FB that ex liverpool CB sebastian Coates gave away 3 pens and got sent off for benfica, I think ! Bullet dodged

I'm at the stage now where I can't remember how bad things were. Literally no memory. Hasn't it always be like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Looks like Bobby Duncan is off to Fiorentina. Only room for 1 Bobby.

• Advertisement

The lad has now walked out on the two best clubs with the two best managers in world football in the space of 15 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement