Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    he won nearly everything he could @ domestic level and also the only English player in about 40 years to win Player of the year.

Not his biggest fan but there's plenty with books out who are lower level than he was
    The problem with Owen's book, is that anything of interest is from his early career, all of which is 15+ years ago at this stage. He's covered quite a bit of it already in interviews over the years.
    The serialization stuff is boring to me. I get he gets money from the paper, and it adds whatever controversy it can to generate hype for sales, but I don't watch soap drama's for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Umaro wrote: »
    Did you just give me homework?

Yikes fella :)

ha ha, you probably picked out the one and only post where i praised him !! :D:D
    Think i may have been delirious after his bicycle kick !!

Had a quick look myself, justa few brief posts ...jaysus..poor emre..i barely gave him the time of day. :D:p

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105994160&postcount=9127

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104672282&postcount=6606

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105738259&postcount=2950

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105603456&postcount=8963

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102474182&postcount=7594

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97666940&postcount=3125

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105364255&postcount=4573

Can was grand. Nothing special. So i'm not trying to re-write or flip on him as was suggested.
    People are allowed voice an opinion without it being suggested as some of flip-flop revisionism.
    I never really rated the guy, then or now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fabinho didn't play in a lot of the games in first half of season that we dropped points in.

Chelsea 1-1 Away. Didn't start
    City 0-0 Home. Didn't start
    Arsenal 1-1 Away , started
    City 2-1 Away , Didn't start
    Leicester 1-1 Home , Didn't start
    West Ham 1-1 Home, Started
    United 0-0 Away , Started
    Everton 0-0 Away, Started . So did Origi, Firmino on bench !

We won every game after Everton, Fabinho an ever-present. Once he got in side and found his feet we've not lost a game in League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Fabinho didn't play in a lot of the games in first half of season that we dropped points in.

Chelsea 1-1 Away. Didn't start
    City 0-0 Home. Didn't start
    Arsenal 1-1 Away , started
    City 2-1 Away , Didn't start
    Leicester 1-1 Home , Didn't start
    West Ham 1-1 Home, Started
    United 0-0 Away , Started
    Everton 0-0 Away, Started . So did Origi, Firmino on bench !

We won every game after Everton, Fabinho an ever-present. Once he got in side and found his feet we've not lost a game in League.

Well we've only lost one! Fabinho or no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Fab's our best midfielder, there's not a defensive mid in the world I'd take ahead of him except for maybe Kante.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

If we still had Can instead of Keita I couldn't say I'd be disappointed. Can played his part for us, bossed games at times and we knew what we had in him. People giving him stick when he left the club as amicably as anyone can in this day and age is bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If we still had Can instead of Keita I couldn't say I'd be disappointed. Can played his part for us, bossed games at times and we knew what we had in him.

Bossed some games but was anonymous for just as many.
    He was being linked to Bayern & Barca in recent weeks but I couldn't see him doing anything at either club that he isn't already doing at Juve; which consists mainly of sitting down watching & picking up a medal for doing very little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

it be nice to win it but I'd much rather win the league cup if given the option.

That's hilarious

• Advertisement

Fab's our best midfielder, there's not a defensive mid in the world I'd take ahead of him except for maybe Kante.

Kante's a short ass though, Fabinho can play centre back, and has inspector gadget legs for those what seem impossible interceptions.

Fab wins for me.

Kante's a short ass though, Fabinho can play centre back, and has inspector gadget legs for those what seem impossible interceptions.

Fab wins for me.

Kante doesn't need long lanky legs though, he reads the game so well and covers a pitch like nobody else, fabs good but Kantes better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Kante doesn't need long lanky legs though, he reads the game so well and covers a pitch like nobody else, fabs good but Kantes better

Who’s the better central defender?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

a book !!!! the man is not the brightest and didn't accomplish that much of note to have a book out

Ballon d'or?

Between who

Between who

Fab and Kante.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

How sad and lonesome do you have to be to report someone to a mod, too many snowflakes around I think

Ah here, insult people all ya want, but can we hold back on normalizing right wing catchphrases?

In general, is it just me or has there been a little bit of a tonal shift that direction in here over the last wee while? A little more general anger, a little less general empathy and thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

This thread is mental.

Anything could be the topic when you log in, sometimes even football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's usually Liverpool related. Champions Leagues, ex-players, current players, how much we hate each other, how much we hate everyone else, how much we love pandas......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This lad is trying to get Kante to join Fab in midfield.

https://twitter.com/FrankKhalidUK/status/1168608796819804161

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

~Rebel~ wrote: »

In general, is it just me or has there been a little bit of a tonal shift that direction in here over the last wee while? A little more general anger, a little less general empathy and thought.

Yup. I’d agree. But then I’d punch you :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Fabinho & Kante are not the same type of midfielder, so shouldn't really be compared IMO.

Fabinho is a sitting midfielder who likes to tackle, sometimes after the opposition player is gone passed him. Likes to go to ground too. He often sits deeper than other midfielders as a starting position also.

Kante plays more higher up the field and likes to press and win the ball through interceptions mainly. Uses his energy to get around the field and knick the ball that way. He is more comparable to Hendo or Gini in the current Liverpool set up than Fabinho. Kante is not a sitting midfielder.

Kante has always played ahead of another midfielder such as Drinkwater, Matic and now Jorginho. Fabinho has always been that sitting player with someone ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Fabinho is better than Kante all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭daheff

Fabulous all day long for me. Don't get me wrong, Kante is an excellent player. but for the way we play, Fab is the man....and as a direct comparison still Fab... more complete player

Ah here, insult people all ya want, but can we hold back on normalizing right wing catchphrases?

Empathy is the one thing that's never made an appearance in this thread unfortunately

Correct me if I'm wrong but bar the one game fab played there against Munich neither are central defenders, why ask that question were they not being judged as midfielders, BTW who's a better keeper, salah or mane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

If we still had Can instead of Keita I couldn't say I'd be disappointed. Can played his part for us, bossed games at times and we knew what we had in him. People giving him stick when he left the club as amicably as anyone can in this day and age is bizarre.

Not gonna lie I totally forgot about Keita.

To say he's been underwhelming thus far would definitely be under selling it.

Unlucky with injuries etc etc but just practically zero contribution, great thing is he has not been missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Have feeling when Bobby scores his next goal is celebration will be linked to Mane losing it.

Then watch Mane copy him.

Not gonna lie I totally forgot about Keita.

To say he's been underwhelming thus far would definitely be under selling it.

Unlucky with injuries etc etc but just practically zero contribution, great thing is he has not been missed.

Has looked very good at times in fairness, very good at breaking through a line, drawing players, and freeing up the attackers. Just not been on the pitch enough yet. Hopefully he can find some consistent fitness before long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

For the rest of my life, I will never get tired of this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Robbos meal deal choice :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Fabinho is better than Kante all day long.
    daheff wrote: »
    Fabulous all day long for me. Don't get me wrong, Kante is an excellent player. but for the way we play, Fab is the man....and as a direct comparison still Fab... more complete player

I can only assume you are all on a wind up. Kante is the best around. He was pretty much unplayable in Istanbul last month.

Not many players elsewhere in the league walk into Liverpool's team right now but he's one of the first I'd pick. Superb player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

Kante wasn't great last season, for his standards at least, but that's blamed on Conte moving him forward to allow Jorginho play that DM role. 16/17, 17/18 he was fantastic.

To be honest, I'm not sure which I'd have in a squad over all, but purely to play the DM role I think it'd be Kante.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

DrumSteve wrote: »
    For the rest of my life, I will never get tired of this match.

Tubbs at 4.37!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

TitianGerm wrote: »

Robbos meal deal choice :pac:

Those two genuinely need to do a podcast together. Just talking about mundane, everyday things. I thought the biscuit dipping video was good, but that Q&A was spectacularly normal.

Empathy is the one thing that's never made an appearance in this thread unfortunately

I wouldn't agree, but I understand that you feel that way.

:)

I wouldn't agree, but I understand that you feel that way.

:)

See what you did there ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The WC club championships have really expanded. In my day you only had to fly 1/2 way around the world, lose 0-1 to some team from Brazil and then fly back.
    Surely at some point someone will realise this thing is just nonsense. Who's interested in it? Does this count as one of our trophies?

The European Cup was viewed similarly in it's early days. Just as well the Liverpool teams of the 70s took it seriously or we wouldn't have six baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

garra wrote: »
    The European Cup was viewed similarly in it's early days. Just as well the Liverpool teams of the 70s took it seriously or we wouldn't have six baby.

Eh this has been going for at least 20 years.

noodler wrote: »
    Eh this has been going for at least 20 years.

Eh club competitions between teams from European countries trace their origins back as far as 1897

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

is that the theory behind Madrid winning it about 59 times in the 50s and 60s?

or were they just a very good team?

is that the theory behind winning it about 59 times in the 50s and 60s?

Not here to discuss Real Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/seven-players-who-did-nothing-at-liverpool-but-shone-after-leaving/#new_tab

Good article here on players who had better careers after liverpool than at Liverpool.

I was delighted for Aspas - always got the feeling that he did his very best to succeed but it just didn't work out for him. He was very emotional after his goal in the FA Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

is that the theory behind Madrid winning it about 59 times in the 50s and 60s?

bit of both, they had no-one to really beat but they were incredibly good. Di Stefano and Puskas alone would have got into any team ever, except maybe our current forward line :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

steve_r wrote: »

I was delighted for Aspas

Seen a crazy stat that was I think only Suarez, Messi, Griezmann have scored more in La Liga in last 3 years

I really liked him. Iago Aspas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Suso looked a prospect at Liverpool, I remember questioning his non involvement at the time https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92328671&postcount=4536

Aspas didn't show anything at Liverpool outside that initial preseason run. He was like a cat caught in headlights at Anfield.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement