Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful FPL Websites?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

KevIRL wrote: »
    Rank your favs

FMLFPL for me then prob Always Cheating, WGTA close too, LetsTalkFPL on Youtube good too . Enjoy the FFS one as well.

Always like FML FPL, funny lads and a kinda different view to everywhere else which is great

Depends who is on the FFS, love Andy and Az, David is actually growing on me, he talks too much but he does have some good points. Luke is decent just sounds boring. Joe gives me the pain.

Az and Luke have a good podcast but intermittent episodes, would trump FFS.

FPL General I find is only ok, basically whoever did well that week is going on his watch list. His delivery is zzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I also find listening to the guardian podcast very helpful, not FPL related, try and get a more balanced view on matches before deciding who is good for a particular game if that makes sense

A bit like the FPL general getting club fans to talk about matches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Green&Red wrote: »
    I also find listening to the guardian podcast very helpful, not FPL related, try and get a more balanced view on matches before deciding who is good for a particular game if that makes sense

A bit like the FPL general getting club fans to talk about matches

Likewise the Totally Football podcast, good breakdown of the fixtures ahead with plenty of stats thrown into the mix.

Not a site per se, but I found this very useful fixture tracker on reddit. It ranks teams by fixture difficulty and you can play around with it a bit more

https://public.tableau.com/profile/timbayer#!/vizhome/PremierLeagueFixtures1920/PLFixtures

Thank you so much for posting this.

I’ve been asking for the last 2 seasons if anyone had a link to one of these.

I actually paid 20 quid to access one this year and it’s not even as good as the one you posted.

This will improve my planning 100%.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Both excellent. @BigManBakar has been posting some excellent observations this season. Was in a WhatsApp group he ran a couple of years back, very good guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Green&Red wrote: »
    Always like FML FPL, funny lads and a kinda different view to everywhere else which is great

They do a write up explaining their thoughts too:

https://fmlfpl.com/post/187064469175/lambs081619/

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Always found fpl podcasts very amateurish. Havent listened in awhile though.

+1 most of them are terrible. that FPL General one...totally chronic. the FFS one has improved but still is mainly rubbish. The one i listen to regularly is who got the assist, which is decent. no banter, no talking about their own lives, no upselling to patreon, just hard cold facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    +1 most of them are terrible. that FPL General one...totally chronic. the FFS one has improved but still is mainly rubbish. The one i listen to regularly is who got the assist, which is decent. no banter, no talking about their own lives, no upselling to patreon, just hard cold facts.
    n

Always Cheating is one I like but now in addition to patreon upselling they have a fair amount of ads and very random too. Wierd hearing FPL pod hosts advertising stuff like erectile dysfunction products and shaving kits in the middle of the pod. I wouldnt begrude them earning a few quid but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

This possibly falls under interesting more than useful:
    https://fplreview.com/team-planner/

You give it your team id and it suggests a couple of transfers based on the expected points of the next X game weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This possibly falls under interesting more than useful:
    https://fplreview.com/team-planner/

You give it your team id and it suggests a couple of transfers based on the expected points of the next X game weeks
    That is pretty cool as an idea, but it kept suggesting Zinchenko to me in every single transfer combination. I guess they really fancy City as a defensive prospect :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Beaulieu

CSF wrote: »
    That is pretty cool as an idea, but it kept suggesting Zinchenko to me in every single transfer combination. I guess they really fancy City as a defensive prospect :)

Ditto!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fplreview

Just a tip, this tool is really designed for the users to edit the xMins (expected play-time) based on their own beliefs & latest news. Right now it provides a decent first estimation though humans are better interpreters of managers thinking. Test it out doing that and see what happens- if you really don;t like Zinny set him to 0- though I do think he's a good pick.

The tool is actually Irish made so I might try to be a little more active here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

fplreview wrote: »

Just a tip, this tool is really designed for the users to edit the xMins (expected play-time) based on their own beliefs & latest news. Right now it provides a decent first estimation though humans are better interpreters of managers thinking. Test it out doing that and see what happens- if you really don;t like Zinny set him to 0- though I do think he's a good pick.

Will keep that in mind, thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

fplreview wrote: »

I love that website have found it very useful. Keep up the good work. The luck rating helped me get through the pain of last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

A bit of fun..want to know your all time rank?

https://www.premierfantasytools.com/whats-my-all-time-rank/

Just put in your current team ID.

Benimar wrote: »
    A bit of fun..want to know your all time rank?

https://www.premierfantasytools.com/whats-my-all-time-rank/

Just put in your current team ID.

1412. Seems okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Interesting to see how it differs to ffs HOF. 1st on ffs is 78th on pft and 1st on pft is 4th on ffs so still pretty high. Mark Sutherns is 2nd on ffs but all the way down in 358th on this list!

Roryc formerly of this parish in 36th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jimmii wrote: »
    Interesting to see how it differs to ffs HOF. 1st on ffs is 78th on pft and 1st on pft is 4th on ffs so still pretty high. Mark Sutherns is 2nd on ffs but all the way down in 358th on this list!

How is Mark that low down in the rankings? He’s one of the best fantasy managers in the world.

Maybe it has to do with that one poor season he had.

How is Mark that low down in the rankings? He’s one of the best fantasy managers in the world.

Maybe it has to do with that one poor season he had.

Yeah surprising alright. Didnt look at the formula but guess it's more weighted to recent seasons than the ffs one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

I'm inside 390 in hof and inside 370 in pft so much of a muchness.
    But Mark's record is far far superior to mine except for his 1 bad season so hof algorithm seems to be a better judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyPL/comments/co8ncb/a_list_of_former_champions_veterans_and_pundits/

I find this Reddit thread very handy as I like following some of the "better known" managers.

Podcasts wise I only really listen to FFScout Scoutcast and find it quite enjoyable. I do miss Mark Sutherns on it though, he's vanished the last season or so.

Just looking back through the thread I'm surprised that most didn't know FPL General was once an active member of this forum. Thought it was common knowledge on here. Fair play to him, he's full time at it now. Did a great job in standing out in a saturated market.

Mark stepped back as he didnt like the attention he was starting to get seemingly. Think the fpl show was a step too far. Hopefully he comes back to the scout cast at some point but Jonty seems to have full control over all the broadcasts now.

Mark stepped back as he didnt like the attention he was starting to get seemingly. Think the fpl show was a step too far. Hopefully he comes back to the scout cast at some point but Jonty seems to have full control over all the broadcasts now.

Ahh yeah I see. Completely fair. Seems a good guy. He doesn't even post on FFScout anymore

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Ahh yeah I see. Completely fair. Seems a good guy. He doesn't even post on FFScout anymore

Yeah seems to have gone full cold turkey! Presumably still involved behind the scenes. Was good when they got Granville back for the dads army beater! I'm sure he'll return after sometime it's his baby after all.

Yeah seems to have gone full cold turkey! Presumably still involved behind the scenes. Was good when they got Granville back for the dads army beater! I'm sure he'll return after sometime it's his baby after all.

The good ole days. Granville is a councillor or something in the UK now I think

Was good when they got Granville back for the dads army beater!

Last of the Summer Wine ;)

Last of the Summer Wine ;)

Dammit knew it was one of those old comedy's lol! I'm claiming I was close!

Scoutcast is gone really downhill fast this year imo.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Scoutcast is gone really downhill fast this year imo.

Yep, not a patch on the days Mark was hosting it.

Advertisement