Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI to ethernet splitters

Options
  • 31-07-2019 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure if this is for this forum but I’m looking at 2 HDMI to ethernet splitters on Amazon that allow me to run a HDMI cable from a media device to the splitter and I can run 7 ethernet cables to 7 locations and get 1080p resolution. The ethernet is converted back to HDMI connector at each location of course.

Has anyone had any experience with these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PW-HTS0107IR-Splitter-Extender-Ethernet-Resolution-1X7-60m-IR/dp/B077Z1Z9X3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Never used that one, used two other types one used one and the other used one or two cables. Using two cables had a better resolution. Limited run too, say 50m where as a cat 5 plus spec is 90

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

I have a 4*4 HDMI splitter running TV's in my bar. It's not cat 5/6, but I have had to run a feed from function room with a cat 5 and converted it to HDMI b4 putting it into my splitter. Picture has being 1080. I have even run a 1*4 splitter of the main one and it works fine.

Advertisement