Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque query

Options
  • 01-08-2019 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi, I have a BOI cheque written out to pay cash. Can I go in to a BOI bank and collect cash or what is the procedure?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

derossi wrote: »
    Hi, I have a BOI cheque written out to pay cash. Can I go in to a BOI bank and collect cash or what is the procedure?

Thanks

Hi derossi,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

This cheque cannot be cashed in Branch. It needs to be lodged to an account and there is a clearing process before you will be able to access the funds.

If you are a Bank of Ireland customer then this cheque will clear in your account in 3 working days after the day of lodgement. If you are not a Bank of Ireland customer you will need to check with your bank on their clearing process time.

Many Thanks

John

Advertisement