Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH VIOP setup on a Linksys PAP2, Help

Options
  • 01-08-2019 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

I replaced my F2000 with a Edgerouter 4
    since the package i got has a voip service i figured i would use it.

I am trying to configure PAP2 to work with it but it will no log into the voip server.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

Seems to be impossible as they use some odd authentication process. There have been a few threads about it before and it's not just a case of them being able to give you a SIP username and password.

Only thing you can do is download the Eir phone app and use it on your smartphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

It's not possible. They won't, or can't, give you the correct SIP password.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

Seems to be impossible as they use some odd authentication process. There have been a few threads about it before and it's not just a case of them being able to give you a SIP username and password.

Only thing you can do is download the Eir phone app and use it on your smartphone.

They did give me the password, but no use.
    Ill use the app , that would be handy.
    Thank you

Ziggieire wrote: »
    They did give me the password, but no use.
    Ill use the app , that would be handy.
    Thank you

It's not the correct password. I and others have been through this several months ago. What seems to happen is eir support see a hashed version of the password on their screen and this is what you've been given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

It'd be *A LOT* more useful if they actually provided SIP credentials.

Seems though a lot of these companies are unwilling to support 3rd party devices - I assume their logic is it generates extra support calls on low margin services. Hence, they only open it to businesses.

At least with Digiweb you can uses their SIP phone service via the Fritzbox as a base station and use it directly with cordless phones without the analogue bit.

From what I gather, the Eir VoIP phone services are just SIP, but running off some Ericsson platform they use for landline services generally.

• Advertisement

Ok so in of this is the case.
    Is it possible for me to connect up the f2000 router in a way that i can use it for voip without using it as a router ?

Ziggieire wrote: »
    Ok so in of this is the case.
    Is it possible for me to connect up the f2000 router in a way that i can use it for voip without using it as a router ?

cnocbui in the broadband forum apparently has it working. You could ask him for assistance.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109089251&postcount=6426

cnocbui in the broadband forum apparently has it working. You could ask him for assistance.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109089251&postcount=6426

Perfect that's just what i was looking for,.
    Thank you

Advertisement