Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A WEEK since completion

Options
  • 01-08-2019 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

And our solicitor has not sent us our money, sent us documentation of sale - well, anything. Won't return calls. Just says 'I'm dealing with it.'

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Turn up at the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PaulCee

Ha, I'd love to but I live in Sweden currently. Is such a long wait at all usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Threaten to complain to the Law Society would be the other option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PaulCee

And that's what I've done. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

PaulCee wrote: »
    Ha, I'd love to but I live in Sweden currently. Is such a long wait at all usual?

Are you classed as a non-resident now? Your solicitor may be waiting for the letter of no audit before releasing funds...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109553270

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Threaten to complain to the Law Society would be the other option.

Want to scare the **** outta him? Mention the "master of Taxes". He is like the Internal affairs of the law society. Go send a solicitor a letter from an other solicitor (his buddy). I dont know who this guy is but I have heard a story that this guy is a bad ass and he has no time for Cowboy solicitors.
    He got this one solicitor in Waterford a notable cowboy who sounds like a comet, a strike. The guy was trying to con a Widow out of €6000 after a payout and wanted it in cash. As soon as the master of taxes was called he was instantly available and wanted to resolve the issue post haste.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

It can take a few weeks for money to be returned from a solicitor when you are abroad and you are classed as non resident. Letter of clearance/no audit needs to be given from revenue before funds can be released. This is to ensure you don’t owe any tax like cgt. If funds were released and subsequently it was found that you had owed tax, solicitor is liable so they won’t be risking that at all. All the giving out by you won’t help. Law society would be of same opinion I would assume that it’s reasonable to hold on to money until clearance is given.

Also if you have a mortgage, solicitor would have paid that and will wait for the cheque to clear so that can take a week alone. So you could be waiting a few more weeks if revenue is involved.

Advertisement