Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harley Race has passed away.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tough bastard

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

RIP Harley one of the great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well damn it. RIP to one of the absolute all time greats in pro wrestling. He held the NWA world's Heavyweight championship 8 times which is second most.

Wrestling has been a work for over a century if not more than that, but watch the promo above and tell me Harley Race wouldn't make you believe it was real as anything ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Another one gone RIP

Guys like him would of been before my time and I'd knw mostly about him from name

Who's left now from his time ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Loved him to bits with Bobby The Brain standing beside him he was outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Another one gone RIP

Guys like him would of been before my time and I'd knw mostly about him from name

Ric Flair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well damn it. RIP to one of the absolute all time greats in pro wrestling. He held the NWA world's Heavyweight championship 8 times which is second most.

Wrestling has been a work for over a century if not more than that, but watch the promo above and tell me Harley Race wouldn't make you believe it was real as anything ever.

Before my time and know little to nothing about him but that promo is so good. As you said, you believe that he believes what he's saying.

Bryan is the only guy who makes me feel like when I'm watching now. His backstage stuff is excellent. He can talk for 5 minutes straight and you'll be hooked. Everyone else is scripted word for word, saying big words that sound completely unnatural.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ric Flair?

Ah yeah forgot about Ric

He must have the same blood as the rolling stones, ozzy as he should be dead with his lifestyle but hes still standing lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another one gone RIP

Both Funk's.

• Advertisement

Both Funk's.

Terry Funk

Another why are u not dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

RIP Harley

harley1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

When I think of the NWA title, I think of Harley Race first (Ric second). He just looked like a champion, in the same vein as Nick Bockwinkel with the AWA belt.

My only real experience of seeing Harley was with Vader as a manager, and some stuff as "The King" in the WWF. I have seen some of his more famous matches down through the years however, and he was all that has ever been said about him.

Ciampa has a wonderful tribute on his twitter page, it's worth seeking out.

RIP Champ
    harleyracecancer-1160958-1280x0.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Terry Funk

The more anomalies like Terry the better. Always great to see people defy nature.

RIP Harley.

Both Funk's.

Terry Funk

Terry doesn’t want to put death over is a good reason.

As others have said both the funks are alive and I think tommy rich who was champ for a cup of coffee as they say is still alive and flair is. Of that generation of NWA worlds champions of the seventies and eighties they are the ones still alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

They don't make them like Harley Race anymore.

They don't make them like Harley Race anymore.
    No they don’t. That mold is long gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was saddened to hear this. One of the great heavyweight champs. I liked him in later years as Vader's manager too.

Advertisement