Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord not returning HAP form

Options
  • 01-08-2019 10:16pm

Hi,

I've been waiting 6 weeks for my estate agent to return the HAP form from my landlord.

Initially the estate agent said there wouldn't be a problem, then I rang him 2 weeks after giving him the form to be told, "oh jaysis, sorry I've been swamped due to maternity leave, it's on my desk, I'll send it out to the landlord today".
    2 weeks later, "I sent it out, he's in the UK, just waiting on him to get back to me"
    Then today, 2 weeks after the last time, "The landlords on holidays".

Is there anything else I can do except badger him?

I've been there for 2 years and just recently realised that I am entitled to HAP.

Thanks

Comments

Hi,

I've been waiting 6 weeks for my estate agent to return the HAP form from my landlord.

Initially the estate agent said there wouldn't be a problem, then I rang him 2 weeks after giving him the form to be told, "oh jaysis, sorry I've been swamped due to maternity leave, it's on my desk, I'll send it out to the landlord today".
    2 weeks later, "I sent it out, he's in the UK, just waiting on him to get back to me"

I've been there for 2 years and just recently realised that I am entitled to HAP.

Thanks

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Hi,

Thanks

Landlords dont want to deal with HAP because it sucks. Im not surprised hes not interested in it

Landlords dont want to deal with HAP because it sucks. Im not surprised hes not interested in it

Thanks for your input.

As far as I'm aware, landlords can't refuse hap to a sitting tenant, so how can they be made return the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

I was on HAP for 5 years. Then the council came and inspected the property. They then demanded thousands of Euro of work be done on the house even though I was happy living there as it was. Landlord couldnt afford the upgrades so I had to leave and find somewhere else. House is now empty and derelict. Thank You HAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Landlord needs tax clearance certificate to qualify for HAP, if he/she doesn’t have it, doesn’t qualify for HAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

As far as I'm aware, landlords can't refuse hap to a sitting tenant
    It's illegal to tell you no.
    "oh jaysis, sorry I've been swamped due to maternity leave, it's on my desk, I'll send it out to the landlord today".
    "I sent it out, he's in the UK, just waiting on him to get back to me"
    "The landlords on holidays".
    I wonder if it's sort of grey area regarding not giving you an answer.

Advertisement