Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vicious group of 15 as young as 9-years-old violently punch, kick and rob Italian stu

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Dragged up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ah this is going on for years and years, young Spanish and Italian fellls coming over every summer robbing the local girls. Your always going to have fisty cuffs, school boys trying to earn their stripes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,482 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That Dublin live is pure toilet

Dog whistle stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's a growing need for a Paul Kersey type character to properly school a few of these chancers in front of their mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Ah this is going on for years and years, young Spanish and Italian fellls coming over every summer robbing the local girls. Your always going to have fisty cuffs, school boys trying to earn their stripes.

Read the article. It was the students robbed by the gang. Not the other way around.

Scum. No other word for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

lawred2 wrote: »
    That Dublin live is pure toilet

Dog whistle stuff

What part is dog whistle by the way?

There's a growing need for a Paul Kersey type character to properly school a few of these chancers in front of their mates.

Against 15? No chance.

No-one, not even a highly trained martial artist/boxer, will be able to take on 15 people.

And say someone did smash a few, they'd be up on charges for assaulting minors.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,932 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

<snip>
    What is your source for this? It's certainly not the article you linked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Surprised no-one blamed trans people for the assaults yet, ya know the growing mob trend to bash trans for everything on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Beasty wrote: »
    What is your source for this? It's certainly not the article you linked

I'll just wait for the BBC, RTE and Al Jazeera to post the descriptions like they always do.

I'm from the area, Beasty, not that local insight matters at all anymore.

• Advertisement

klaaaz wrote: »
    Surprised no-one blamed trans people for the assaults yet, ya know the growing mob trend to bash trans for everything on this site.

Give it time.

Maybe someone will also blame Soros too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    And unfortunately nothing will be done thanks to the bleeding hearts.

Colette browne has stated that no evidence exists so sit down and be quiet

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,932 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'll just wait for the BBC, RTE and Al Jazeera to post the descriptions like they always do.

I'm from the area, Beasty, not that local insight matters at all anymore.
    You are making unfounded allegations. Please stop doing so or I will intervene and prevent you from doing so

OP edited and unsubstantiated allegations removed

Not yet but I presume your going to report everyone for assuming their gender anyway.

Whoever was responsible, Portmarnock is such as dump now to be avoided considering the amount of violent attacks there.

And some people still take offence anyway on behalf of the trans community, when a thread has absolutely nothing at all to do with said community, when nobody has or would associate the article referenced with that communities members. Good grief. You should try to compartmentalise these various issues and deal with them one by one. It's a more effective way to work through topical interests that appeal to different people along the way.

I feel sorry for those Italian youngsters having such a horrible experience at the hands of some little scumbags. They're the victims. I'm disgusted that this sort of thing is going on but I'm hardly surprised when parents and other authority figures have had their hands tied to the extent that these little poxes can do whatever they want with little to no fear of repercussion.

A mandatory custodial penalty would be appropriate for anyone involving themselves in gang activity. For both the little dirtbag and in the event of a repeat offence, of a parent for good measure. If a parent can't or won't take control of the situation, they should be able to hand these minors in to a state run institution with the authority to enforce disciplinary measures to ensure these little scrotes straighten up or spend their lives on a prison factory floor.

Extreme? Little thugs, unstoppable, committing violent crime. Do you think it's going to get any better with a bleeding heart softly-softly approach? Not a hope. They need to be broken and then ruled with an iron fist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,022 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ah sure god love them. Nothing for the young whipper snappers to do in Portmarnock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What has changed in Dublin that has caused such a large increase in youth gang activity?
    Or is it simply that it was under-reported until now?

tuxy wrote: »
    What has changed in Dublin that has caused such a large increase in youth gang activity?
    Or is it simply that it was under-reported until now?

You can't say "boo" to anyone under 18 (or anyone else for that matter) these days without being sued.

If, as an adult, you intervened in this assault one of these specimen's "parents" would have you in court and they would win.

No consequences, very little law enforcement in Ireland and a joke of a justice system - this is obviously not going to lead anywhere good.

• Advertisement

You've gangs of guys and girls (and trans) all over the country this time of year. They'll all be back in school soon, panic over.
    It really sounds like a storm in a tea cup, visably shaken, wasn't actually robbed. Ran away in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I thank god everyday that I live in a normal town. Kids playing soccer and riding their bikes and playing hide and seek in the estate.

I just can’t even imagine them going out and attacking people.

mad muffin wrote: »
    I thank god everyday that I live in a normal town. Kids playing soccer and riding their bikes and playing hide and seek in the estate.

Where is this 'normal' utopia you speak of?

I'd also be wholly in favour of revoking asylum status, visas or residency and issuance of a deportation order for families with youths involved in such activities. Don't care where you're from, what you do here, what your problems might be, what threats you might face when you're sent back. You shouldn't get to enjoy the safety gifted to you by the people of Ireland in allowing you reside amongst its peaceful people when you or your offspring commit these violent acts of thuggery against your hosts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

JayZeus wrote: »
    I'd also be wholly in favour of revoking asylum status, visas or residency and issuance of a deportation order for families with youths involved in such activities. Don't care where you're from, what you do here, what your problems might be, what threats you might face when you're sent back. You shouldn't get to enjoy the safety gifted to you by the people of Ireland in allowing you reside amongst its peaceful people when you or your offspring commit these violent acts of thuggery against your hosts.

Totally agree but it would never happen crimes will get worse and the excuses will get more numerous,
    Minorities are untouchable in this present climate

That's wonderful. What's this got to do with Portmarnock locals attacking each other?

That's wonderful. What's this got to do with Portmarnock locals attacking each other?

Evict the families -

I think that's a reference to the Balbriggan "gangs" which were running amok in Malahide, Portmarnock and Clontarf along the dart/rail line a few months back.

Where is this 'normal' utopia you speak of?

I every corner of Ireland. It's not quite the dump some of ye like to think it is. Most people just get on with their lives, being decent neighbours and raising their children well.

Some people think they're being oppressed, simply because they're not given what they think their entitled to but have not earned.

To those people I have only one thing to say.. To hell with you.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Evict the families -

How can we evict middle class thugs who destroy their local community?

If the attackers were born in Ireland(most likely) and the person attacked was from Italy, then the victim is the only one that could possibly be deported. How would that help?

mad muffin wrote: »

That's it, lived in Dublin for years and loved it but now I think it's a kip, dirty old town. The junkies to meet you off the train is nice touch. Wouldn't bother me if I was never there again.
    The worst thing that happened tonight was one of the kids got stuck in a tree. We don't have gangs robbing people as everyone knows how to use a Hurley.

I every corner of Ireland. It's not quite the dump some of ye like to think it is. Most people just get on with their lives, being decent neighbours and raising their children well.

Some people think they're being oppressed, simply because they're not given what they think their entitled to but have not earned.

Yep. If you care about your neighbour your neighbour cares about you. I know all my neighbours names. All the kids names that play around here with my kids. When I’m walking around town it very normal to say hello to the person walking past you. Even if you don’t know them personally.

Gatling wrote: »
    Totally agree but it would never happen crimes will get worse and the excuses will get more numerous,
    Minorities are untouchable in this present climate

I'm not talking about minorities specifically. Jail those who've been born and 'reared' here. I couldn't give two fecks what your skin looks like or what you pray to. One of 'ours', lock you up and we'll all pay for it via taxes, gladly. Break their backs with work. Give them no leeway.

Landed in here from wherever in the world on whatever basis for your presence here, you're gone. Your family, dependents, anyone you're responsible for as a parent, your siblings and relatives entering on family grounds, they're gone also.

This sort of crap starts with family. It can end with family. And if it doesn't, throw you out or lock you up, that's the way it should and would have been done.

How can we evict middle class thugs who destroy their local community?

Court orders simples

Baseball bats

What ever it takes to get families take responsibility for their dragged up feral rats running the streets

• Advertisement

Is there anything to be said for more vigilante groups?
    I don't think they should copy the name of American gangs though, it shows no imagination.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2052192/vigilante-group-hells-angels-attacks-ringleaders-of-thug-teenage-gang-whove-been-terrifying-west-dublin-residents/

If the attackers were born in Ireland(most likely) and the person attacked was from Italy, then the victim is the only one that could possibly be deported. How would that help?

If you're a minor and not an Irish citizen, you and any relatives who are not Irish citizens should have their residency revoked and should be deported, in any case where you are involved in gang activity such as the incidents under discussion.

If you're a minor and an Irish citizen, off to get manners put on you in a 'rehabilitation' centre. Repeat the offence and the penalties should crease your parents. Fines or custodial, whatever works.

If you're totally out of control and your parents can't sort you out, they should have the option to hand you over to the states care, with the state agency adequately empowered to deal with you, looking at you as a potential lifelong burden on the state as a total hooligan.

Over 16, under 18? Chain gang. I'm quite serious. Back breaking work, no rest, total exhaustion. See if you want to try your crap a second time.

Is there anything to be said for more vigilante groups?
    I don't think they should copy the name of American gangs though, it shows no imagination.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2052192/vigilante-group-hells-angels-attacks-ringleaders-of-thug-teenage-gang-whove-been-terrifying-west-dublin-residents/

Just what we need to tackle the scourge of 9-15yr olds on school holidays.
    The pillary and birch are still legal here as far as I know, maybe suggest it at the next residents meeting.

Over 16, under 18? Chain gang. I'm quite serious. Back breaking work, no rest, total exhaustion. See if you want to try your crap a second time.

Can you link to any reports from the past and in other countries where chain gangs were a successful deterrent or form of rehabilitation?
    It would cost the state an absolute fortune to implement but may be worth it if it's know to be a successful approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Who makes up these thread titles? This place is worse than a red top these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

I didn’t even open your link tuxy, vigilante groups is a ridiculous suggestion. It starts in the home teaching children right from wrong imo, if this could be done then there would be far less trouble in young people later on I think.

Also getting young people involved in sports, activities and hobbies they enjoy so they have a sense of self worth and can channel their energy into these things rather than picking on others.

Can you link to any reports from the past and in other countries where chain gangs were a successful deterrent or form of rehabilitation?
    It would cost the state an absolute fortune to implement but may be worth it if it's know to be a successful approach.

Who said anything about rebabilitation?

A deterrent does not have to rehabilitate. Rehabilitation attempts are a waste of time, money and effort when you can sweat the scum to breaking point. Pool tables, TV and a gym? Pffft. Tedious manual labour, 12 hours a day. Don't work? Don't get out.

Who said anything about rebabilitation?

A deterrent does not have to rehabilitate. Rehabilitation attempts are a waste of time, money and effort when you can sweat the scum to breaking point. Pool tables, TV and a gym? Pffft. Tedious manual labour, 12 hours a day. Don't work? Don't get out.

Ok but before the government pump millions or even billions into this project.(security and supervision will be very costly) Can you link to any reports where it has been an effective deterrent in other countries.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Italian Stu? Like a bolagnaise? Messy.

Who makes up these thread titles? This place is worse than a red top these days.

The thread title is a partial copy of the headline from the well known news media site Dublin Live.

Portmarnock is indeed a dump and a kip with constant attacks on people within the community there.

There seems to be an aura of blame johnny foreigner in this thread when in fact the perps are probably middle class yobs too spoilt who think they're immune from their criminal misdeeds with their solicitor mama's and papa's able to get them off scott free in front of the neighbourhood friendly judge who is easily swayed by a word in the ear of their uppity do neighbours which has resulted in said yobs terrorising their neighbourhoods as they know that Garda presence is fairly thin all over the place and it doesn't help that if on the slimmest chance that the Garda arrested the middle class yobbos that they know that they would never get a conviction based on the middle class nod and wink system which enables said perps to continue their rein of rampage terrorising their neighbours without any control from the threat of any imprisonment due to the bias by the judges towards middle class youths which has the devastating effect of making the area and the beach a no-go area for any outsider or tourist visiting the area hence the whole place has become a dump due to incessant anti-social behaviour by viscous locals who only want control of the town for themselves and no-one else. To conclude, Portmarnock is a indeed a dump.

Blaizes wrote: »
    I didn’t even open your link tuxy, vigilante groups is a ridiculous suggestion. It starts in the home teaching children right from wrong imo, if this could be done then there would be far less trouble in young people later on I think.

Also getting young people involved in sports, activities and hobbies they enjoy so they have a sense of self worth and can channel their energy into these things rather than picking on others.

Your lucky. There was another much more disturbing story at the bottom of the article. :(

Portmarnock is indeed a dump and a kip with constant attacks on people within the community there.

There seems to be an aura of blame johnny foreigner in this thread when in fact the perps are probably middle class yobs

Well it's the most well known secrets in Dublin these gangs who base themselves off well known LA street gangs.
    These aren't middle class little asumpta's and Brian's

Ok but before the government pump millions or even billions into this project.(security and supervision will be very costly) Can you link to any reports where it has been an effective deterrent in other countries.?

How about we flip that on its head. How about you turn up credible reports stating that exactly what I'm describing is not an effective deterrent. Remember to include in your search the deportation and penalties for parents as factors in the efficacy of deterrence. And remember to include all the analysis of data regarding the unidentifiable minors who were deterred from engaging in such activities in the first place. That last one will certainly be interesting to read in the report.

Thanks. Fair play to you for doing that now. I suppose you'll be including some financial costings and so on, since you're fairly sure about the millions and billions it'll cost and so on, won't you?

And here, keep in mind now the 'IMHO' part of this forum title, won't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

What's the craic so?

Whose blood should I be baying for?

The blacks? Travelers? The gays? Muslims?

Let me know as soon as ye have it figured out. I'll be sharpening my pitchfork whilst I dwell in my bedroom furiously clicking through articles about "the left" and "sjws." It's a great coping mechanism for my extreme loneliness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement