Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vicious group of 15 as young as 9-years-old violently punch, kick and rob Italian stu

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

klaaaz wrote: »
    Portmarnock is indeed a dump and a kip with constant attacks on people within the community there.

There seems to be an aura of blame johnny foreigner in this thread when in fact the perps are probably middle class yobs too spoilt who think they're immune from their criminal misdeeds with their solicitor mama's and papa's able to get them off scott free in front of the neighbourhood friendly judge who is easily swayed by a word in the ear of their uppity do neighbours which has resulted in said yobs terrorising their neighbourhoods as they know that Garda presence is fairly thin all over the place and it doesn't help that if on the slimmest chance that the Garda arrested the middle class yobbos that they know that they would never get a conviction based on the middle class nod and wink system which enables said perps to continue their rein of rampage terrorising their neighbours without any control from the threat of any imprisonment due to the bias by the judges towards middle class youths which has the devastating effect of making the area and the beach a no-go area for any outsider or tourist visiting the area hence the whole place has become a dump due to incessant anti-social behaviour by viscous locals who only want control of the town for themselves and no-one else. To conclude, Portmarnock is a indeed a dump.

What in the **** are you on about?

There aren't any mobs of "middle class yobs", it just isn't a thing. These incidents are perpetrated by groups of Traveler young lads and/or scumbag "working class" young lads.

I work in a job dealing with thousands of people every day and i'm not getting death threats and hassle from middle class people. It's always exactly the people you would expect.

TLDR

Middle class.

You seem to have some sort of a hangup about 'middle class' here.

I wasn't aware that such a thing was particularly prevalent in Irish society generally. The whole class system thing, I mean.

In any case, who cares what their parents do, where they're from or anything else like that. If you're local, jailtime. If you're not local, deportation. How's that for a nice and simple solution to the conundrum you're presenting yourself with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

sdanseo wrote: »
    Read the article. It was the students robbed by the gang. Not the other way around.

Scum. No other word for them.
    No but the opposite has happened too. Or harassment.

I am not defending this incident tho. Nor any racism connected to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

JayZeus wrote: »
    How about we flip that on its head. How about you turn up credible reports stating that exactly what I'm describing is not an effective deterrent. Remember to include in your search the deportation and penalties for parents as factors in the efficacy of deterrence. And remember to include all the analysis of data regarding the unidentifiable minors who were deterred from engaging in such activities in the first place. That last one will certainly be interesting to read in the report.

Thanks. Fair play to you for doing that now. I suppose you'll be including some financial costings and so on, since you're fairly sure about the millions and billions it'll cost and so on, won't you?

And here, keep in mind now the 'IMHO' part of this forum title, won't you?

In recent times in western countries I can only find info about the chain gain in Arizona, it was so successful they had to shut it down in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

lawlolawl wrote: »
    What in the **** are you on about?

There aren't any mobs of "middle class yobs", it just isn't a thing. These incidents are perpetrated by groups of Traveler young lads and/or scumbag "working class" young lads.

I work in a job dealing with thousands of people every day and i'm not getting death threats and hassle from middle class people. It's always exactly the people you would expect.
    Middle class.

You seem to have some sort of a hangup about 'middle class' here.

I wasn't aware that such a thing was particularly prevalent in Irish society generally. The whole class system thing, I mean.

In any case, who cares what their parents do, where they're from or anything else like that. If you're local, jailtime. If you're not local, deportation. How's that for a nice and simple solution to the conundrum you're presenting yourself with?

That's just deflecting blame from the reality that homegrown yobs within the middle class community of Portmarnock are and have been carrying out a reign of terror within their community and blaming the foreigners, travellers, working class is just an escape mechanism to pass the buck as if there is nothing wrong or happening that is bad within their community like it's time the middle class took a stand against their own youths that have been carrying out said attacks in order to make the area successfully an area that no sensible person would venture into, this mayhem and chaos that has occurred in Portmarnock is the result of an ineffectual judicial system where middle class youth are protected from the law because of the nod and wink of who you know in the judiciary and if this was a working class issue there would have been a heavy handed response including prison time but because it's middle class it means that justice for the locals will never happen so serious crime within Portmarnock will continue as it is for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That's just deflecting blame from the reality that homegrown yobs within the middle class community of Portmarnock are and have been carrying out a reign of terror within their community and blaming the foreigners, travellers, working class is just an escape mechanism to pass the buck

Put down the alcohol or drugs

Totally taken the p***

tuxy wrote: »
    In recent times in western countries I can only find info about the chain gain in Arizona, it was so successful they had to shut it down in 2017.

Joe Arpaio's tent city. Entirely irrelevant. A publicity stunt by an elected Sheriff with big political ambition. Pink underwear and vegetarian meals, cookery programmes on the TV. Pointless when you're talking about incarcerating repeat offenders well used to spending time in the county jail.

I'm talking about putting manners on a little turd and scaring the living daylights out of the parents, grandparents, siblings and so on. I'm talking about taking a good for nothing little scumbag and making them work, or they prolong their misery.

I'm talking about pulling the plug on the limp-wristed brush with the law that's available today, replacing it with consequences that won't kill them, but will sure as hell rock the ground they stand on. First time fix. If it doesn't fix it first time, break them. Keep them for as long as it takes. Leave them absolutely terrified of what will happen next.

Joe Arpaio's tent city. Entirely irrelevant. A publicity stunt by an elected Sheriff with big political ambition. Pink underwear and vegetarian meals, cookery programmes on the TV. Pointless when you're talking about incarcerating repeat offenders well used to spending time in the county jail.

I'm talking about putting manners on a little turd and scaring the living daylights out of the parents, grandparents, siblings and so on. I'm talking about taking a good for nothing little scumbag and making them work, or they prolong their misery.

I'm talking about pulling the plug on the limp-wristed brush with the law that's available today, replacing it with consequences that won't kill them, but will sure as hell rock the ground they stand on. First time fix. If it doesn't fix it first time, break them. Keep them for as long as it takes. Leave them absolutely terrified of what will happen next.

Have you contacted the minister for justice and equality, Charles Flanagan about this? I believe he is the only person in the country that would be in a position to carry out this plan.
    You can't expect anything to come of it if you don't take action.

That's just deflecting blame from the reality that homegrown yobs within the middle class community of Portmarnock are and have been carrying out a reign of terror within their community and blaming the foreigners, travellers, working class is just an escape mechanism to pass the buck as if there is nothing wrong or happening that is bad within their community like it's time the middle class took a stand against their own youths that have been carrying out said attacks in order to make the area successfully an area that no sensible person would venture into, this mayhem and chaos that has occurred in Portmarnock is the result of an ineffectual judicial system where middle class youth are protected from the law because of the nod and wink of who you know in the judiciary and if this was a working class issue there would have been a heavy handed response including prison time but because it's middle class it means that justice for the locals will never happen so serious crime within Portmarnock will continue as it is for the foreseeable future.

Here:

. . . . . . . . .

And have a few of these carriage returns also:

That's better.

You need to get rid of that chip on your shoulder. Middle class youth. Middle class lawyer parents. Middle class nonsense.

Thugs have no class affiliation, but in most cases, they aren't going to be what I think you'd consider to be 'middle class' Irish people.

It doesn't work that way. It would be good for your argument if it did, but it doesn't.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's obviously the bizarre, unfounded conspiracy theory you've come up with and not just exactly the people you'd expect doing exactly what you'd expect them to do.

Have you contacted the minister for justice and equality, Charles Flanagan about this? I believe he is the only person in the country that would be in a position to carry out this plan.
    You can't expect anything to come of it if you don't take action.

I will, just as soon as you get me that report.

I will, just as soon as you get me that report.

The closest I can get is a report on sharia law, would that suffice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

What has changed in Dublin that has caused such a large increase in youth gang activity?
    Or is it simply that it was under-reported until now?

Every Garda who is attested gets a garda number. These numbers are issued consecutively. So you can tell how many Gardaí have been hired between two people with fair accuracy. I was talking to three Gardaí the other day. They had 18, 12 and 2 years service respectively. The difference in numbers between the 18 and 12 year service Gardaí was 5000. Logically you'd think the difference between the 12 and 2 year service Gardaí would be close to 10,000. It was 4500. That's what has happened to Dublin and the rest of the country. It's missing about 5000 Gardaí thanks to a 5 year recruitment embargo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

mad muffin wrote: »
    Your lucky. There was another much more disturbing story at the bottom of the article. :(

Didn’t see it, just think it all starts in the home, teaching the kids right from wrong. When I was growing up things were different we’d the fear of God driven into us anyway by the Ten Commandments both at school and at mass. Mostly school though.

And the rules made sense, can’t remember all ten but remember most of them. Now times are different and many kids just don’t know what the baseline for good behavior is imo.

Not saying we go back to the Ten Commandments ( realizing Ireland is a very different place now ) but teaching kids a code of good behavior is very important imo.

A system like this as per Joe Arpaio's style would never be allowed to happen in middle class Portmarnock as some of their kids are raised to be above the law unlike anyone else as they were born with a silver spoon in the mouth to never acknowledge that they did any wrong attacking people within their own community hence the Garda and the judiciary who themselves would have ties to similar areas of middle class heritage would be hesitant to prosecute members of their own class unless it's a slap on the wrist as the perps would never see the inside of a cell due to their solicitor mum's and dad's using their influence amongst who they know which enables the perps to continue offending as thugs that they are terrorising the community of Portmarnock who have zero comeback on lawlessness in their local area hence Portmarnock is an area that is inadvisable for any tourist to visit never mind the law abiding locals and the place is one of the worst suburbs in Dublin due to rampant violent crime happening there.

• Advertisement

A system like this as per Joe Arpaio's style would never be allowed to happen in middle class Portmarnock as some of their kids are raised to be above the law unlike anyone else as they were born with a silver spoon in the mouth to never acknowledge that they did any wrong attacking people within their own community hence the Garda and the judiciary who themselves would have ties to similar areas of middle class heritage would be hesitant to prosecute members of their own class unless it's a slap on the wrist as the perps would never see the inside of a cell due to their solicitor mum's and dad's using their influence amongst who they know which enables the perps to continue offending as thugs that they are terrorising the community of Portmarnock who have zero comeback on lawlessness in their local area hence Portmarnock is an area that is inadvisable for any tourist to visit never mind the law abiding locals and the place is one of the worst suburbs in Dublin due to rampant violent crime happening there.

Is the 'full stop' and return key broken on your keyboard?

To your point; class, middle class, suburbs, class, portmarnock, middle class, heritage, class, suburb, law, solicitors, class, portmarnock, middle class, mums and dads.

Nope. I can't quite make it out. What was your point?

Is the 'full stop' and return key broken on your keyboard?

To your point; class, middle class, suburbs, class, portmarnock, middle class, heritage, class, suburb, law, solicitors, class, portmarnock, middle class, mums and dads.

Nope. I can't quite make it out. What was your point?

There is a crime endemic within Portmarnock which has been largely ignored a very long time due to the huge influence of the residents connections to valuable state institutions like the Garda and judiciary as most of their members are of similar middle class heritage so they all turn a blind eye to violent crime in areas like Portmarnock and this does indeed involve nod and wink politics between solicitors and the state institutions for law and order so the perps get off scot free as youths enabling said youths to get into even more violent crime as they get older into their 20's and 30's, this is concrete evidence of the lack of policing enforcement within that community as we see in the news report that 15 of their number attacked visiting Italian students who had no idea of the dangers of the violent crime that has enveloped Portmarnock. In summary, there should be a worldwide alert to foreign students to not to travel to areas like Portmarnock with it's reputation for violent crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

There is a crime endemic within Portmarnock which has been largely ignored a very long time due to the huge influence of the residents connections to valuable state institutions like the Garda and judiciary as most of their members are of similar middle class heritage so they all turn a blind eye to violent crime in areas like Portmarnock and this does indeed involve nod and wink politics between solicitors and the state institutions for law and order so the perps get off scot free as youths enabling said youths to get into even more violent crime as they get older into their 20's and 30's, this is concrete evidence of the lack of policing enforcement within that community as we see in the news report that 15 of their number attacked visiting Italian students who had no idea of the dangers of the violent crime that has enveloped Portmarnock. In summary, there should be a worldwide alert to foreign students to not to travel to areas like Portmarnock with it's reputation for violent crime.

pure and utter bollocks

Im sure youve some proof of this outrageous sentence youve constructed.

Did somebody 'middle class' break your heart in Portmarnock? You seem to have an awful bee in your bonnet about both.

Portmarnock is experiencing what will be a temporary public order nuisance. It might last a while, then it will go away, when the scumbags get bored or discover girls, become daddies at 16 and get locked away at 19 or so, leaving the state to pick up the bills for all of them for the next few decades.

They aren't 'middle class' Klaaz. You don't seem to understand that, so there's probably no helping you really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

An extraordinarily tedious fashion of sneering at the middle-class has really come into effect. Despite "middle", by its very nature, meaning all kinds.

The justification of it seems to be an imagined condemnation of working-class people (because this of course would make it ok) when realistically people are criticised for their behaviour and not their background... and usually the worst offenders don't actually work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,482 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Anyone commenting in this thread actually live in Portmarnock or even close? Just out of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

MrFresh wrote: »
    Every Garda who is attested gets a garda number. These numbers are issued consecutively. So you can tell how many Gardaí have been hired between two people with fair accuracy. I was talking to three Gardaí the other day. They had 18, 12 and 2 years service respectively. The difference in numbers between the 18 and 12 year service Gardaí was 5000. Logically you'd think the difference between the 12 and 2 year service Gardaí would be close to 10,000. It was 4500. That's what has happened to Dublin and the rest of the country. It's missing about 5000 Gardaí thanks to a 5 year recruitment embargo.

When the recession hit the recruiting stopped.

Thanks FF.

Their legacy is all over our country to see.

The closest I can get is a report on sharia law, would that suffice?

Yeah. Perfect. I look forward to reading it.

lola85 wrote: »
    When the recession hit the recruiting stopped.

Thanks FF.

Their legacy is all over our country to see.

You do realise FG have had 10 years after FF lost their standing to address your point of concern, don’t you?

I suppose you’ll do nothing, say nothing and then eventually express your dissatisfaction through sarcasm (the lowest form of wit) when several more years have passed you by.

It’s always someone else's fault, for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Italian students exploiting our hospitality and getting into trouble. Send them home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That's wonderful. What's this got to do with Portmarnock locals attacking each other?

Says the person bringing trans people into the equation for no reason. Get off the stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Is Italian Stu any relation to Disco Stu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I think this thread is genuine proof of Boards slow descent into the becoming the comments section of The Journal continues unabated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The whole place needs setting fire to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,482 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lawred2 wrote: »
    Anyone commenting in this thread actually live in Portmarnock or even close? Just out of interest.

So nobody then!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

You do realise FG have had 10 years after FF lost their standing to address your point of concern, don’t you?

I suppose you’ll do nothing, say nothing and then eventually express your dissatisfaction through sarcasm (the lowest form of wit) when several more years have passed you by.

It’s always someone else's fault, for some people.

Well FF closed templemore and FG opened it back up a few years ago and began recruiting again.

Not that FG have much to be proud of but Garda numbers is on FF.

And didn’t FG get voted in in 2011?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

It would take more than 10 years to make up for a near six year recruitment embargo. The Garda college was not capable of taking in the numbers it had before the embargo and even if it could, it still would not have been enough to fill the gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

There needs to be mass protests city shut down of Dublin against this endless Gardaí negligence. They are nowhere to be found in the city centre, let alone elsewhere. The city is virtually defenseless. The government must be squeezed into recognizing the problem. We have to organize and we have to shut down the main streets until major immediate changes are promised.

The_Brood wrote: »
    There needs to be mass protests city shut down of Dublin against this endless Gardaí negligence. They are nowhere to be found in the city centre, let alone elsewhere. The city is virtually defenseless. The government must be squeezed into recognizing the problem. We have to organize and we have to shut down the main streets until major immediate changes are promised.

Justice isn't sexy and doesn't win votes in this country.

Everyone says they want more Gardai and proper sentencing by they don't want to pay for any of it.

Also, the majority of people in this country break some kind of law regularly. Whether it's speeding, using the mobile when driving, having a few pints and driving home or paying criminals for a bit of coke/weed for the weekend.

People would hate a situation where they are more likely to get caught and properly punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

The_Brood wrote: »

Gardai are hamstrung, undermanned and underfunded, imagine putting together a case and getting a criminal to court and the judges let them out after a stern talking to, we need to support our Gardai and demand judicial reform.

Advertisement