Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Forcing me to Update

• 02-08-2019 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

So got a message today to update my windows. Only gave me options to restart now or outside active hours. It froze me out of my other programs until I selected an option.

I have my internet set to 'metered connection'.

I disabled auto update.

Also changed my registry to stop windows restarting my laptop.

Windows is an absolute kunt for doing this. I will install the updates I want when I need them. Why do keep forcing these updates.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Windows is an absolute kunt for doing this. I will install the updates I want when I need them. Why do keep forcing these updates.

Included in these updates is security patches. These keep your computer safe from malware, but perhaps more importantly, they keep other computers safe as well, as it's one less computer slinging malware on into the internet.

There's a reason that you don't hear about viruses hitting Windows these days, and that's pretty much the main reason.

Advertisement