Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about setting up business as sole proprietorship or as a LLC.

Options
  • 02-08-2019 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi there,

Apologies if this is not the correct forum to ask the following questions but I'm considering setting up a video game studio at the moment and I'm trying to understand whether I should set it up as a sole proprietorship , limited liability company or as incorporated.

I originally intended the studio to act as a sole proprietorship basically with myself as being the sole person in the business at first but I will probably have to hire one or two more people to help me with projects down the road.

I'm trying to understand what advantage would it be for me to set the business up as limited liability as opposed to sole proprietorship. From reading online the advantages are that I would not be held personally liable for debts(the studio would) and also the taxes the business would have to pay as a LLC are supposed to be significantly lower than that of a sole proprietorship. But my gut feeling is that setting up the studio as a LLC would only be suitable if the studio was earning a significant amount of revenue per annum from the very start?

Sorry if these are silly questions it's just that I'm finding it difficult to read up about these things online as a lot of the stuff I find in search results are difficult to implement to my specific situation.
    It would be great if I could get advise regarding what I've described above to give me an idea of what to do.

Kind regards,

Comments

Advertisement