Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IONITY - charging / fees / tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

unkel wrote: »
    Nope. You are wrong. Your info must be outdated. Have a good look the next time before you leave your car as there is a good chance you will be clamped if you don't pay. I see culchie EVs clamped at charge points in Dublin all the time.

It's cheap though, just €1.40 per hour on a Sunday afternoon.

That street was free parking on Sundays up to late last year, any idea when they started charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

elektrik wrote: »
    I asked them, they confirmed it - you CAN'T use the app to get the special price with ionity. By just using the app you can activate the chargers but the price will be Ionity price (€0.80/kWh), and NOT the discounted price

Think you might have misunderstood something there, the price is the same regardless of whether you use the APP or the RFID Card/Chip.

Rates are clearly advertised:
    Preismodell%20ESL_20200622_16.png

Also I haven't noticed this behavior on any Rapid Charger regardless of App or Card

Your contract/payment is with Maingau, you have no financial transaction with Ionity.

Perhaps you mean the Ionity app ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

I'm still waiting on my Maingau card, account made on 13th of June, already had a few chats with them online (google translate ftw), and still no card :/
    Why translate? They speak perfectly understandable English.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Nope. You are wrong. Your info must be outdated. Have a good look the next time before you leave your car as there is a good chance you will be clamped if you don't pay. I see culchie EVs clamped at charge points in Dublin all the time.

Culchie is a pejorative term in Hiberno-English and Ulster-Scots dialects for someone from rural Ireland. The term has a pejorative meaning directed by urban Irish against rural Irish and has no place in modern discourse.

What did you have for lunch: sauerkraut mit wiener schnitzel?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Culchie is a pejorative term in Hiberno-English and Ulster-Scots dialects for someone from rural Ireland. The term has a pejorative meaning directed by urban Irish against rural Irish and has no place in modern discourse.

What did you have for lunch: sauerkraut mit wiener schnitzel?

In another forum I called myself a proud culchie who loves all sport (was in reference to Hockey) and was accused of being a self hating west brit :eek:

As long as people from outside of Dublin can use the term "from Dublin" as being a self evidently patronising insult I think we should be able to live with the Culchie moniker :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I asked them, they confirmed it - you CAN'T use the app to get the special price with ionity. By just using the app you can activate the chargers but the price will be Ionity price (€0.80/kWh), and NOT the discounted price

just to 2nd the polite correction that you were misled/misunderstood on this.
    I'm looking at my app from Sunday in Athlone.
    I started and stopped with the Maingau app and it cost €1.45 for 3.725 kWh or €0.39 per kWh

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

Maybe you should have listened to your own advice before paying for parking when you didn't have to. I took this photo 20 mins ago.

This culchie won't be getting clamped, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

moggins7 wrote: »
    Maybe you should have listened to your own advice before paying for parking when you didn't have to. I took this photo 20 mins ago.

This culchie won't be getting clamped, thanks.
    Different zones have different rules.
    Some are pay parking 2-6pm on a sunday. Some are 24h pay parking.
    I used to live off whitworth road, and my house on the corner bordered on two streets. One was pay parking 700-2400 Mon-Sun and the other was 800-1700 mon-fri

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

ELM327 wrote: »
    Different zones have different rules.
    Some are pay parking 2-6pm on a sunday. Some are 24h pay parking.
    I used to live off whitworth road, and my house on the corner bordered on two streets. One was pay parking 700-2400 Mon-Sun and the other was 800-1700 mon-fri

So? unkel was referring to the charging station at the NCH, saying that you had to pay for parking there on Sunday. That's a photo of the exact spot, demonstrating that you do not have to pay for parking on Sunday.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Can we move on from parking restrictions in this thread re Ionity Tips & Tricks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

liamog wrote: »
    Mod Note: Can we move on from parking restrictions in this thread re Ionity Tips & Tricks

I don't know Liam, I've found the discourse here fascinating & educational.

I've learned about the etymology of slang words, a little geography, some political correctness etiquette & that parking in Dublin is a nightmarish experience, especially for people from outside Dublin :D.

But I agree, Maingau is the only choice for Ionity now & I've started Ionity chargers with both the Maingau RFID card & phone app.

The Kill installs will be great, when operational.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

slave1 wrote: »
    I setup an account with Maingau last week but pretty sure that they state they will automatically send out a card, didn't see where to order one

Fell through the setting up of Maingau account online Monday 6th, card arrived in the post yesterday automatically.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Hi,

Apologies for asking this, but the thread is over 20 pages now and spans over a year. Could some kind soul summarise the current situation with Maingau? I am doing my first long distance run in my KIA Soul EV this coming Saturday and was hoping to charge in Cashel. Is it feasible for me to get access to Maingau rates for the Ionity in that timeframe? i.e. can you sign up and get the Maingau rates just via an app, without the card? I am assuming the card isn't going to get here in 24 hours :D Also, a silly question this, but where do you sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭zg3409

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Hi,

Apologies for asking this, but the thread is over 20 pages now and spans over a year. Could some kind soul summarise the current situation with Maingau? I am doing my first long distance run in my KIA Soul EV this coming Saturday and was hoping to charge in Cashel. Is it feasible for me to get access to Maingau rates for the Ionity in that timeframe? i.e. can you sign up and get the Maingau rates just via an app, without the card? I am assuming the card isn't going to get here in 24 hours :D Also, a silly question this, but where do you sign up?

Are you android or iPhone? We can reply with link to correct app.

Android link here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.chargecloud.maingau

Best to sign up on a laptop to website, but then use the app to activate charger.
    https://www.maingau-energie.de/e-mobilit%C3%A4t/Autostrom-Tarif

Use a laptop with chrome browser and translate if required

When on site plug cable in first, then start using their app. Download Ionity app as a backup

Should not be an issue using it straight away. You may have issues signing up with postcode and country. You need your bank details IBAN and BIC

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I signed up to Maingau last week, they are now accepting eircodes, make sure you leave the space in the middle. I signed up on the website, it failed the first time, but worked when I turned off Google Translate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Hi,

I charged in Cashel on Tuesday, was originally charging on the esb charger when a family in a leaf came up and were desperately low so I moved over to the Ionity chargers. I used my Manigau card to charge and it but you should be able to start the charge with the app. worked out at 38.98c - 21.535Kw cost €8.39

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I charged in Cashel on Tuesday, was originally charging on the esb charger when a family in a leaf came up and were desperately low so I moved over to the Ionity chargers. I used my Manigau card to charge and it but you should be able to start the charge with the app. worked out at 38.98c - 21.535Kw cost €8.39
    Can confirm both app and card work on Ionity.

All sorted, installed the app and took a spin up to Gormanstown to check it out. Charged no problem from the app, got the 38c rate, thanks for the help!

Md3SOBe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

what max rate did you get on the soul?

ewj1978 wrote: »
    what max rate did you get on the soul?

I hit 74Kw after a few minutes...

hiUGEQ6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

All sorted, installed the app and took a spin up to Gormanstown to check it out. Charged no problem from the app, got the 38c rate, thanks for the help!

Md3SOBe.jpg

Did I see your car at the new Bolton St charger in Waterford and then again later at the services in Gorey yesterday?

fricatus wrote: »
    Did I see your car at the new Bolton St charger in Waterford and then again later at the services in Gorey yesterday?

Wasn't me!

Trip to Kenmare went swimmingly, Stopped for 30 mins in Cashel on the Ionity and was at 80% so finished up my lunch early and off we went! Going to plonk it on the Circle K charger here now for the night and see how we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Going to plonk it on the Circle K charger here now for the night and see how we go.

Destination charger :D.

Kramer wrote: »
    Destination charger :D.

They must have read my mind as it was offline when I arrived! Looks like it's back up today, I'll give it a try later.

Just charged at Ionity Gorey beside a beautiful blue Taycan. Nice car. Wanted to start with the app but the signal was quite poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

innrain wrote: »
    Just charged at Ionity Gorey beside a beautiful blue Taycan. Nice car. Wanted to start with the app but the signal was quite poor.

You got lucky. I left there 15min ago - after I plugged in something must have tripped and all chargers (inc the esb one) cut out. I’m now in Maxol Gorey....

Sorry to hear. Wasn't me. Maybe the Taycan charging at 800V tripped the fuses 😉

Good news

attachment.php?attachmentid=520614&stc=1&d=1595272059

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Any of the units out of service yet? :D It's almost a right if passage for ionity of late.

• Advertisement

Shall I change my name? 😊 tripper

Advertisement