Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IONITY - charging / fees / tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Yup ^^

Signed up in the app and used it at Gorey. Would have been over €14 more expensive using Ionity app and €8.50 using ChargePoint. One session.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yup ^^

Signed up in the app and used it at Gorey. Would have been over €14 more expensive using Ionity app and €8.50 using ChargePoint. One session.

So you can sign up to Maingau via their app????

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Correct. Give it a go sure. If you'd tried when you posted hours ago you'd have it all setup by now.

Correct. Give it a go sure. If you'd tried when you posted hours ago you'd have it all setup by now.

When I click register it just brings me to a QR scan page!!

When I click register it just brings me to a QR scan page!!

Not sure what you're doing so. In the app, register, fill in details, tap register.

• Advertisement

Certainly and effortlessly on Android. One or two posters have had issues registering for some reason.

I’m on iOS, and when I hit Register, it opens up a map with my current location..... like it’s searching for a nearby charger, and that’s it, nowhere to actually register!

I’m on iOS, and when I hit Register, it opens up a map with my current location..... like it’s searching for a nearby charger, and that’s it, nowhere to actually register!

Is there a hamburger menu icon in the top left of screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I’m able to register on iOS. Load app > hamburger menu “Sign on now” > Register > form shows up

Perhaps I have the wrong app??

I don’t see any hamburger menu

• Advertisement

Perhaps I have the wrong app??

EinfachStromLaden

EinfachStromLaden?

Yep, have it now, I had some other Maingau eCar sharing app!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

EinfachStromLaden?

Is this the correct or incorrect App? The missus has being trying for the last week with no luck. Using Android cannot see any hamburger!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

MJohnston wrote: »

Thanks!

Awaiting my id3 so no harm to get this app and card also. Registered no problem in 1 minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

I used the ios app. No problems at all and can register credit/debit card or sepa dd.

I registered on the same say as the esb app. My card arrived within a couple of days, still waiting for the esb card

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Thanks!

Awaiting my id3 so no harm to get this app and card also. Registered no problem in 1 minute.

+ 1

Hopefully we wont need it for 12 months, if VW are good their word on the free charging.

And here comes the new Maingau pricing:
    your EinfachStromLaden price will change on September 1, 2020.

Your new price is:

Normal price
    AC: 37.04 ct/kWh*
    DC: 46.79 ct/kWh*
    IONITY charging points: 73.11 ct/kWh*

Energy customers
    AC: 27.29 ct/kWh*
    DC: 37.04 ct/kWh*
    IONITY charging points: 73.11 ct/kWh*

*Including 16% VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Nooooooooooooo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

A true nail into the coffin, just got email Maingau prices for Ionity going to 73.11cent/kWh from September 1st.
    Ionity charge points will be well and truly freed up (and I've never seen a car charging at one ever!!)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ouch

so then, leaving aside manufacturer subscription plans, whats the cheapest PAYG ionity option?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

slave1 wrote: »
    A true nail into the coffin, just got email Maingau prices for Ionity going to 73.11cent/kWh from September 1st.
    Ionity charge points will be well and truly freed up (and I've never seen a car charging at one ever!!)

i wonder will the manufacturers make a better effort, i have a free one year sub to audis reduced prices, but it wont be worth renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Ouchies.
    Glad I don't buy a car based on Ionity so. Wow. 73c/kWh? You could run a nice petrol car for that.

BMW Ireland has still announced feck all in regards to a subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Cyrus wrote: »
    ouch

so then, leaving aside manufacturer subscription plans, whats the cheapest PAYG ionity option?
    AFAIK it's now chargepoint at 63c

That’s the end of that so...

Only signed up about a week ago, and never even used it.... (only needed a small top up below so went for the slower/cheaper eCars...)

523496.jpeg

Thanks for that but still way too expensive, have a Chargepoint card myself so will use that if ever stuck, but I can't see it happening...

That’s the end of that so...

Only signed up about a week ago, and never even used it.... (only needed a small top up below so went for the slower/cheaper eCars...)

523496.jpeg

...and if you arrive at a high SOC you may as well use eCars anyhow as the car will throttle back to charge rate (as we chatted about the other day)

ELM327 wrote: »
    AFAIK it's now chargepoint at 63c

Yup. 64c.

TBH, i'll still use them if a) ESB is in use or b) There's a significant amount of time saved by using Ionity vs Esb (faster charge rates), though in the Ioniq it'd be a couple of minutes saved at best.

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    ...and if you arrive at a high SOC you may as well use eCars anyhow as the car will throttle back to charge rate (as we chatted about the other day)

Yeah, I arrived there at about 60%, and only took about 10-15% while grabbing coffee's, so using Ionity wouldn't have given me any more that I got from ecars..

Advertisement